Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   Take The Great Garinda Challenge (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/take-the-great-garinda-challenge-14328.html)

Romps 11-08-2005 15:23

Take The Great Garinda Challenge

2 Attachment(s)
Please cast your eyes over the 2 photos below. Those of you who have been entertained by Garinda must have spotted a stark resemblence to Anthony. H. Wilson, former Granada Reports presenter (eons ago), he also founded the famous Hacienda Night Club in Manchester and has a lot to do with the music business namely crap bands from Manchester i.e. Happy Mondays (Sorry Bez fans) & no I am not Twistin' Yer Melon Man!!

So is he a dead ringer or am I a soon to be dead Accy webber!

Please save my bacon and vote in favour of me.

Thanks in advance for your vote

Romps.......... Founder & Leader of the G.O.B. Party
(Garinda Obsessed Babe Party!) :)

Tealeaf 11-08-2005 15:32

Re: Take The Great Garinda Challenge

Yeah...well spotted Romps...I wonder where I'd seen the bu*gar before.

Doug 11-08-2005 15:33

Tenuous Madam, very tenuous……I think that the masterful Mr Wilson would feel quite weak at the knees to know that he’s being compared to the woolly Liberal Rindy Roo, Osszy’s own answer to John Inman or was that Mrs Selcombe?.....her pussy perhaps?…………..Ok, ok maybe a slight resemblance with the lights off…….lol. :rolleyes:

cashman 11-08-2005 16:08

sorry romps cant see it at all you should have tried Freddie Kruger lol

slinky 11-08-2005 16:23

Lmao Romps, so glad you put this on after our little fun in the chatroom last night.

You know what I have voted for.......................SPITTING IMAGE!!

garinda 11-08-2005 16:25

Romps you did mention this when you popped into the chatroom last night, and posted the picture of Tony Wilson for those people too young to remember Richard and Judy's sidekick from Granada.

My resemblence to this pretentious, mouthy, flat vowelled, effete personality was first pointed out to me when I was sixteen, by an Oswaldtwistle florist. Personally I can see no resemblence whatsoever, in looks or manner!

The people in the chatroom last night were privy to my subsequent 'dealings' with the said person, a story I'm an unwilling to state in a more permenant forum.

I was also at QEGS with his now wife Yvette, a former Miss England, and now the presenter on that silly spooky programme on Sky.

There's n'owt as queer as coincidence, never mind some folk.

When's the next meeting of my babe's fan club though?:smilingfa

staggeringman 11-08-2005 16:50

romps wish you would have put this on anything goes ,it was only yesterday that i noticed someone else off accyweb that looks like someone famous! roy can you move this to anything goes then we can have a real laugh???:D

garinda 11-08-2005 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by staggeringman
romps wish you would have put this on anything goes ,it was only yesterday that i noticed someone else off accyweb that looks like someone famous! roy can you move this to anything goes then we can have a real laugh???:D

Oi Staggers, butt out!

If I'm going to be in a thread I want to be in General Chat, not hidden away with the word thread in Anything Goes. Not because I love the limelight or anything,:Banane20: because I'm actually quite shy.

With other polls you can read how people voted, can you with this one?

Not that me being able to see who voted for what, should make any difference to anybody that might care to vote.;)

Less 11-08-2005 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda

With other polls you can read how people voted, can you with this one?

Click where it says view poll results

garinda 11-08-2005 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less
Click were it says view poll results

It doesn't say that on my screen.

I'm miffed, and feel cheated.

Tinkerbelle 11-08-2005 17:33

Click on one of the numbers that shows the amount of people that have voted in each section .......... view poll results disappears once you have voted

Bazf 11-08-2005 17:33

http://www.songsofshirleybassey.co.u.../007_small.jpg

Could be related to Russell Harty

http://www.mikeharding.co.uk/photoga...sell_harty.jpg

garinda 11-08-2005 17:37

Lafffffffffffff

Another Old Boy at my school, who I had to entertain when he came to give the prizes at Speech Day.

Is there a bit of a theme going on here????

Less 11-08-2005 17:42

1 Attachment(s)
It should look like this!

garinda 11-08-2005 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Click on one of the numbers that shows the amount of people that have voted in each section .......... view poll results disappears once you have voted

Thanks Tinks. I'm flying off to America to thank JohnW personally for voting that I was beter looking than old rubber face Wilson.

Tinks, by the way expect a cyber slap in the chatroom for the way you voted.;)

vorlon24 11-08-2005 18:57

Make sure you don't get cashman instead!

lettie 11-08-2005 19:00

Hahahaha......:rofl38: What a good thread....... Of course, there is a slight resemblence between our Rindy and Mr Wilson, but it is only slight.... So I've had to vote for Rindy being much better looking......... Which he is. :)

West Ender 11-08-2005 20:32

Garinda, I had no idea you were such a handsome chap. Eat yer heart out, Tony Wilson. ;)

Margaret Pilkington 11-08-2005 20:51

You would only mistake them for twins if you were on a train that passed through the station at 50mph without stopping...... and they were together on the platform....... I suppose that is what is called a passing resemblance.........can't say fairer than that!

grego 11-08-2005 21:06

I think there's only a slight resemblance, Rindy's better looking!!

Doug 11-08-2005 23:28

:) This is slightly loaded isn’t it? The options that Romps gives us limits our replies to:

OMG.......... YES Twins!! - Which means we agree that this is factual. Yeah right, if these nice gentlemen are twins then I’m the Queens Uncle :p

Don't be so numb Rindy is much better looking than Tony! - Which means if a female agrees he’s a really good looking bloke? If a bloke agrees he’s either gay or closer to is feminine side that he realises……:Banane59:

ERRRRRRRRRRR DUNNO ME BRAIN ERTS!!! – Which means Forgive me but I’m blind as a bat and I never really understood the question therefore I’m thick………. :o

G.O.B. Party (Garinda Obsessed Babe Party!)? One question my wee rindy obsessed romps. If a bloke agrees with you and actively votes for question two. Does that make him a Garinda Obsessed Babe…..? :D :D :D

garinda 12-08-2005 00:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug
:) This is slightly loaded isn’t it? The options that Romps gives us limits our replies to:

OMG.......... YES Twins!! - Which means we agree that this is factual. Yeah right, if these nice gentlemen are twins then I’m the Queens Uncle :p

Don't be so numb Rindy is much better looking than Tony! - Which means if a female agrees he’s a really good looking bloke? If a bloke agrees he’s either gay or closer to is feminine side that he realises……:Banane59:

ERRRRRRRRRRR DUNNO ME BRAIN ERTS!!! – Which means Forgive me but I’m blind as a bat and I never really understood the question therefore I’m thick………. :o

G.O.B. Party (Garinda Obsessed Babe Party!)? One question my wee rindy obsessed romps. If a bloke agrees with you and actively votes for question two. Does that make him a Garinda Obsessed Babe…..? :D :D :D

If it does, it means I have two male babes already!

By the way, although when you read my posts you might imagine 'camp', in fact l am not at all camp, and any reference to John Inman is a bit like calling the kettle black, from what I remember of your gallery pics, ie: grey haired, small and dainty.:D

staggeringman 12-08-2005 00:23

you blinkin bitch you!

garinda 12-08-2005 00:46

:)

Bitchin' does not = camp.

;)

Less 12-08-2005 02:04

Quote:

in fact l am not at all camp, :D

You not camp? Yeah right and boy scouts don't do it in tents!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_106.gif

janet 12-08-2005 10:55

If i close my eyes, and use my imagination, then yes garinda has a very slight likeness to Tony Wilson. lol

Gayle 12-08-2005 11:40

Can I justify the way I voted please? I voted that they look like twins - that is not to say that Mr Wilson or Mr Inda is better looking, just that they are both as good looking as each other.

Doug 12-08-2005 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle Knight
Can I justify the way I voted please? I voted that they look like twins - that is not to say that Mr Wilson or Mr Inda is better looking, just that they are both as good looking as each other.

:) Now that’s what I call sitting on the fence. :D Now be careful Gayle, you’ll fall off and get you knees mucky………….:rolleyes:

vorlon24 12-08-2005 13:18

I saw a pic of Tealeaf in the gallery, and I thought he looks like Fred Dineage...

It was one of many pictures in a pub, but I guess that doesn't really narrow it down much, does it

Neil 12-08-2005 15:04

Quote:

:) This is slightly loaded isn’t it?

Yes if you click option 2 it means you completely agree with me, as does of course option 1.............not that I am trying to sway the votes or anything but I am right and thats that!! Deal with it..& move on!

& if you take option 3 well basically it doesn't matter as you'd be so socially inept i would give you the time of day! So basically ou agree with me or fall off the end of the world.............it matters
NOT!!!

lots of love... Romps (G.O.B)

Doug 12-08-2005 15:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil
Yes if you click option 2 it means you completely agree with me, as does of course option 1.............not that I am trying to sway the votes or anything but I am right and thats that!! Deal with it..& move on!

& if you take option 3 well basically it doesn't matter as you'd be so socially inept i would give you the time of day! So basically ou agree with me or fall off the end of the world.............it matters
NOT!!!

lots of love... Romps (G.O.B)

:) Neil mate, ask the missus not to gob on the site..............................:D :D :D

Romps 12-08-2005 17:27

Quote:

:) Neil mate, ask the missus not to gob on the site..............................:D :D :D

DOH! I was logged on as Neil not Romps GRRRRRRRRRR.... Sorry darling!

Doug 12-08-2005 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romps
DOH! I was logged on as Neil not Romps GRRRRRRRRRR.... Sorry darling!

So you idolise Cosmo Bin Rindy! Do you, and you expect us to meekly follow in your footsteps….. :eek: fool, never will I kneel before your gobblin obsessive master. It will all come out in the wash you know…………………….ok darling. :D

Romps 13-08-2005 11:51

1 Attachment(s)
Doug, Doug, Doug...........

I implore you to come over to the Rindy worshiping ways, in today’s sad society we all need to give a little and we shall receive much.

All you need is to make that vote and all shall be revealed, your inner-self will appear like magic.............WOW.......... Doug what a feeling. Don't miss this once in a life-time opportunity Doug.

So come on what are you waiting for you know you want to Doug.

Romps (G.O.B)

Click that link now Doug. IT's TOLL FREE

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/t...challenge.html

garinda 13-08-2005 12:14

OMG!

Romps is making me into a proper cult.

Doug 13-08-2005 12:27

Quote:

OMG!

Aye, your not wrong there……………………..:D :D :D

Doug 13-08-2005 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romps
Doug, Doug, Doug...........

I implore you to come over to the Rindy worshiping ways, in today’s sad society we all need to give a little and we shall receive much.

All you need is to make that vote and all shall be revealed, your inner-self will appear like magic.............WOW.......... Doug what a feeling. Don't miss this once in a life-time opportunity Doug.

So come on what are you waiting for you know you want to Doug.

Romps (G.O.B)

Click that link now Doug. IT's TOLL FREE

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/t...challenge.html

Neil I implore you, take this poor deluded wench in hand. She’d been rindyfied in the most horrendous way. She knows not what she says; she’ll be taking to the streets next waving her placard in the faces of the virtuous……………

shillelagh 14-08-2005 16:36

sssssoooooooorrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy rindy but u do - ps mind u i do need new glasses lol

staggeringman 14-08-2005 17:58

Quote:

OMG!

you are right gary but she miss spelt it :D she meant to say c.....n........................he..hee.

staggeringman 14-08-2005 17:58

conker....................?:p

garinda 14-08-2005 22:32

Quote:

you are right gary but she miss spelt it :D she meant to say c.....n........................he..hee.

It was me saying I am now a cult, not Romps.

I gave it you on a plate.

I'll line 'em up, you see if you can get them in the net.

No, not your fishnets.:(

Neil 15-08-2005 17:33

Quote:

OMG!

At least we all know what you meant to put :D :D :D

staggeringman 15-08-2005 18:05

pmsl:rofl38: :rofl38: :rofl38: :rofl38: :bootyshak

garinda 18-08-2005 15:35

Quote:

pmsl:rofl38: :rofl38: :rofl38: :rofl38: :bootyshak

Awwwwwwww cheers for reigniting this lovely thread Stag, I thought my 'cult' was drying up!;)

SPUGGIE J 18-08-2005 15:37

Got to keep you happy G-man :D :D :D :D

garinda 18-08-2005 15:40

Omg I'm loosing it.:(

It wasn't Stag's last post that brought this back to the top of the page, someone voted in the poll, sorry.:(

Departs red faced to see who thinks I am more lovely than, or identical to Tony Wilson, or couldn't give a toss.:(

garinda 18-08-2005 15:41

Awwww cheers Sparkie hun.:)

SPUGGIE J 18-08-2005 15:54

Comes to us all at some point. :D

garinda 10-08-2007 22:37

Because of the untimely demise of Tony Wilson I was just reading through this old thread.

Accy Web seemed to be a place where we had such fun then, as well as debate about more serious issues of the day. It's sad some of those people don't post here anymore.

By the way, I suppose the looky-likey work is going to dry up for me now.:(:D

Romps 11-08-2007 08:41

Ahh as soon as Neil told me the sad news about Tony last night, I instantly thought of you and the fun we had with that thread. Wow was it really 2 years ago? xx

Neil 11-08-2007 09:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 458795)

You could have a word with Yvette Fielding.

garinda 11-08-2007 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 458896)

But I don't look like her!:D

Liam 11-08-2007 10:57

there's certainly a likeness there:D

Royboy39 11-08-2007 11:21

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 458795)

Don't worry pal there's always work out there for the talented..........You can probably earn a few bob looky-likey this one? :D:D

SPUGGIE J 11-08-2007 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 458938)
Don't worry pal there's always work out there for the talented..........You can probably earn a few bob looky-likey this one? :D:D

Looks like he is constipated :p Needs more fibre.

jelly baby 13-08-2007 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 458896)

Tony Wilsons partner is Yvette Livesey, (not Yvette Fielding from 'Most Haunted')

Personally, I think Garinda bears more than a passing resemblance to Kevin Horkin of the Spex chain of shops,

MargaretR 13-08-2007 11:08

I think he looks like Russel Grant with a Michael Heseltine haircut :D

shillelagh 06-02-2010 01:26

is G.O.B. still going ..

Romps 06-02-2010 07:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by jelly baby (Post 459580)
Tony Wilsons partner is Yvette Livesey, (not Yvette Fielding from 'Most Haunted')

Personally, I think Garinda bears more than a passing resemblance to Kevin Horkin of the Spex chain of shops,

Haha yes Kevin Horkin your quite right!

Romps 06-02-2010 07:50

OMG how come this got dug up, was so funny eh Rinds!

Lots of Love

From MD of G.O.B!!!!

garinda 06-02-2010 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romps (Post 785402)
OMG how come this got dug up, was so funny eh Rinds!

Lots of Love

From MD of G.O.B!!!!

I think it was silly Shilly who dug up the thread.:rolleyes::o:D

It does remind you how daft, silly, and fun, AW used to be, besides all the serious stuff.

I wish I was still as slim as I was five years ago.

Nowadays I'm struggling to find work as a Biggins licky-likey.

:o:p:D

Neil 06-02-2010 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 785418)
I think it was silly Shilly who dug up the thread.:rolleyes::o:D

Has she started drinking again? A few old ones appeared again, I am guessing you were talking about old stuff in the chat room last night

shillelagh 06-02-2010 13:20

OI i aint silly ..... i was in one of them moods last night .. and was sat in the chatroom .. Bob97531 came in .. then he left me .. and no one else came in so i went into the archives ... :D

And for your information neil ... rindy didnt go in the chatroom ...:(

Neil 06-02-2010 13:26

Grumpy :p:D

shillelagh 06-02-2010 13:38

thats an understatement neil ...:rolleyes:

garinda 06-02-2010 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 785472)
OI i aint silly ..... i was in one of them moods last night .. and was sat in the chatroom .. Bob97531 came in .. then he left me .. and no one else came in so i went into the archives ... :D

And for your information neil ... rindy didnt go in the chatroom ...:(

The giddy mood you were in last night, meant that that prospect was too scary.:eek::D

If l see anyone in later tonight l will pop in there.

Use it or lose it.

shillelagh 06-02-2010 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 785584)
The giddy mood you were in last night, meant that that prospect was too scary.:eek::D

If l see anyone in later tonight l will pop in there.

Use it or lose it.

WIMP!!!! :D:D:D and you are worse than me when you get going ... :eek::eek::eek:

Tinkerbelle 12-02-2010 16:07

Stewie Griffin off Family Guy reminds me of Rindi ... sorry Rind no idea why but he really does lol :D

garinda 12-02-2010 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle (Post 787210)
Stewie Griffin off Family Guy reminds me of Rindi ... sorry Rind no idea why but he really does lol :D

http://rubenerd.com/uploads/Family_G...lack_Shirt.jpg

Ok, ok, I had to Google, to find iout who the hell he was.

The last cartoon I watched was She-Ra.

Well you remind me of that girl chained up in the film Garage of the Damned.

What?

That was you!

:D

Tinkerbelle 13-02-2010 12:04

Of course it wasn't me ... it was my evil twin sister stealing my identity again *sigh* :rolleyes:

yerself 13-02-2010 20:36

Quote:

Nowadays I'm struggling to find work as a Biggins licky-likey.

Has PB beaten you to it?:D

garinda 14-02-2010 07:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 787576)
Has PB beaten you to it?:D

No comment.

(Ok, I can't do 'no comment'.)

I believe there isn't a pie left on Tesco's shelves.

Still, it's awfully nice he's at least wanted by somebody, somewhere.

garinda 25-11-2011 08:56

http://www.manysmileys.com/files/h/I...e074998140.gif

mobertol 25-11-2011 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 951586)

What's up duck?

garinda 25-11-2011 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 951607)
What's up duck?

I feel singled out.

Nay targeted, having a thread made about me.

:rolleyes:

jaysay 25-11-2011 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 951609)
I feel singled out.

Its nothing more than Cyber bullying:D:D

Neil 25-11-2011 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 951609)
I feel singled out.

Would you like the thread removing and the thread starter suitably punished?

garinda 25-11-2011 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 951624)
Would you like the thread removing and the thread starter suitably punished?

No, thank you.

It'll help toughen me up.

Though please give the thread starter a spank from me.

mobertol 25-11-2011 11:59

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 951630)

It'll help toughen me up.

You are of course as tough as old boots Garindula. Just like your ancestor

Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus .

His nick-name meant "little soldiers boot" and of course, like your good self he thought himself to be Divine!;):D There's definitely a resemblance -something to do wth the chiselled features...?