Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   R.C.B. ...Hes Massive In Real Life ! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/r-c-b-hes-massive-in-real-life-23592.html)

jimmi5bellies 16-08-2006 20:26

R.C.B. ...Hes Massive In Real Life !

Have you ever bumped into anybody famous ?

We was at Hartshead Moor Services on Monday afternoon and guess who happened to pull in behind us ?

Yes, Roy Chubby Brown. I was adamant it wasnt him at first because i expected somebody really small and really chubby. In real life he is huge. Must be approx 6ft 4". Even when i stood next to him at the KFC and starred right at him i still didnt believe it was him. When i followed him back outside with our KFC that others spotted him as well.
My fella, being the loud mouth lout that he is at times shouted Chubby's favourite saying ...You Fat........ He gave us that funny look and had us bowled over !
Laughed even more when an elderly couple spotted him and went over to talk to him.
Me ...well i was speechless....lol.

:D :D :D

SPUGGIE J 16-08-2006 20:43

Re: R.C.B. ...Hes Massive In Real Life !

Did you get his autograph?

jimmi5bellies 16-08-2006 20:45

Nooooooooooooooooooooo was to frightened he would tell me to .........off ! lol

SPUGGIE J 16-08-2006 20:49

His persona away from the stage is alledged to be very friendly. Pity you didnt get it as a reminder of the encounter.

jimmi5bellies 16-08-2006 20:56

Yes he seemed to be acting very friendly with the older couple. He even shaked hands with them. It was just one of those moments that you just dont know what to do or what to say ...oh well.

katex 16-08-2006 21:00

Sorry, but who is he ?

SPUGGIE J 16-08-2006 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex
Sorry, but who is he ?

Crikey Kate you have lived a sheltered life. Lets put it this way his use of bad language makes Billy Connelly sound like a choir boy in comedy circles. :eek:. You have heard of Glasgows finest the Big Yin havent you?

katex 16-08-2006 21:16

Oh hek, Spuggie, thought I was fairly street wise, but answer to Big Yin is ..... what ya' talkin' about ? So no.

jimmi5bellies 16-08-2006 21:30

lol @ katex

you have led a very sheltered life, even my mother knows of RCB.

SPUGGIE J 16-08-2006 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex
Oh hek, Spuggie, thought I was fairly street wise, but answer to Big Yin is ..... what ya' talkin' about ? So no.

Billy Connelly aka the BIG YIN isa former welder from Partick in Glasgow who became a singer and then a comic in the late sixties early seventies. Has wandering life humour and swaps and changes throughout his routine wit lots of jibes at Catholics (Cotholic himself) polititions silly laws etc and a lot of swearing. Proberly the best British present day comic and has been on TV with his tour of the UK. Great to watch and listen to if you can understand the accent and gallous Glasgow humour.

katex 16-08-2006 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmi5bellies
lol @ katex

you have led a very sheltered life, even my mother knows of RCB.

:e9: Well, feel I am missing out, will look up this JCB on the internet and ask around, so will know by the end of the week. Never too old to learn, and won't be left out any more. :)

morgan_brotherz 16-08-2006 21:43

I bumped into Danny Jones (McFLY) in Bolton, near Christmas 04. He was really cool.. had a chat with him for about 5 mins of something.

SPUGGIE J 16-08-2006 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by morgan_brotherz
I bumped into Danny Jones (McFLY) in Bolton, near Christmas 04. He was really cool.. had a chat with him for about 5 mins of something.

Better not let my daughter know about that as she is McFly daft. Does show though you can still meet the stars on the street and some are no diferent than us well apart from cash and fame.

mani 16-08-2006 22:37

i've met a few

best one though was Ricky Hatton - he was soo safe - he came to the bar and then stayed after chattin to us and he was so down to earth

claim to fame - ricky bought me a magners and then we chatted till about 3-4am if not later. his missus was with him and u cud clearly see how down to earth both of them were.

but i had the last laugh with his man city fan base *LOL*

that black guy from the group blue was stuck up.

claytonender 16-08-2006 23:35

Last year we went to Paris for a long weekend. We were sat in the depature lounge at Charles De Gaulle airport, when this very pleasant couple came to sit next to us. We chatted away, and then several people came to ask the man for his autograph. We had no idea who we were talking too but when we got bcak to Liverpool, and were waiting to collect our bag, my husband asked someone if they knew who we had been talking too. It was the then Liverpool player Cisse. I am sure if we had realised who he was we probably wouldn't have chatted away to him.