Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   Cure Wanted For Sore Gob (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/cure-wanted-for-sore-gob-24039.html)

Ianto.W. 03-09-2006 13:38

Cure Wanted For Sore Gob

:Banane47: Watching tv last night I took my false teeth out, the bottom set were "rubbing", later on I felt peckish so I had some biscuits woke up this
morning with a mouth like a lime burners clog. Sureley some of you experts
have had similar problems, my teeth won't fit this morning. :Banane47:

katex 03-09-2006 14:01

Re: Cure Wanted For Sore Gob

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ianto.W.
:Banane47: Watching tv last night I took my false teeth out, the bottom set were "rubbing", later on I felt peckish so I had some biscuits woke up this

LOL.. yes, almost did have a belly laugh then (see Laughter thread). The picture you conjure up for yourself here Ianto.W. is less than attractive. :D

Haven't got to this problem just yet, and sure lots on here won't admit it either.

Obviously, your gums are inflamed and sounds like eating biscuits just with the top teeth and gummy bottom could have caused some sort of abrasion and irritated them to swell, so sounds like mouthwashes and things til it goes down. Hey love the Lime burners clog comparison by the way.

Best to wait 'til Margaret Pilkington comes on line, she is good at teeth and things. :D

AccyJay 03-09-2006 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ianto.W.

I only have 1 false tooth but sometinmes have the same problem when it's been out for a while. I usually find that soaking the tooth / teeth in luke warm water for about half an hour helps.

Otherwise grin & bear it. Sorry couldn't resist.

cmonstanley 03-09-2006 15:31

try soluble asprin. gargle and swill mouth out withit every four hours, also very good remedy for sore throats. please don't use if you have an allergy to asprin. good luck and hope your mouth better soon.try dipping the biscuits in yea tea next time.

slinky 03-09-2006 20:48

Try some Bonjela....fantastic stuff!! eases the pain and takes some of the swelling away too.... not that I have false teeth you hear!!! I just work with the elderly and know alot about falsies:D:D:D

Neil 03-09-2006 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by slinky
. not that I have false teeth you hear....

And theres me thinking you had all your teeth pulled out just for Ginger ;)

slinky 03-09-2006 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil
And theres me thinking you had all your teeth pulled out just for Ginger ;)

That's what thought did!!! I actually knocked all his out!! :D

grannyclaret 04-09-2006 14:39

Try gargling with T ,C, P, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NO NOT TOM CAT PI**even though it smells like it:D

Ianto.W. 04-09-2006 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by grannyclaret
Try gargling with T ,C, P, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NO NOT TOM CAT PI**even though it smells like it:D

:engsmil: You know luv I always wondered where the got that essence from,to be honest with you
(thats a change), I tried the soluble asprin treatment it cured my Merlot
hangover, but my gobs still sore. It puts me in mind of when I was breaking a new set in eldest lad's prorpective in-law's invited wife and me out for one of those foreighn meals, Chinese I think it was, well chinese wedding cake (rice) got under the bottom sett and when i'd put that right
one solitary piece of rice got under the top sett even my tongue couldn't
reach it lol Yanto :D :D :D

WillowTheWhisp 04-09-2006 20:12

My teeth are coming out in sympathy. Was OK before I went to the dentist today and he 'mended' one. Now I can't chew at that side as it hurts summat rotten when I do!