Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   It's official (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/its-official-34810.html)

shakermaker 13-11-2007 20:21

It's official

A level coursework is rubbish.
Trust.
Urgh

Nickelson 13-11-2007 21:01

Re: It's official

What subjects are you doing ?

Where are you studying ?

Im in my final year so currently looking a college/sixth form options.

shakermaker 13-11-2007 21:17

I'm studying English Literature, Philosophy of Religion & Ethics, and (regrettably) Sociology. I'm at Bacup & Rawtenstall Grammar Sixth Form and I'd definitely recommend it. They've been accommodating of my circumstances (coming back to further education after dropping out of St Mary's... hell hole... don't go there!!) and the lower school/sixth form mix gives more structure to the lessons everyday life than a college, which I personally benefit from. The majority of the teaching staff are great too, and the school's results speak for themselves.

katex 13-11-2007 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 493305)
A level coursework is rubbish.
Trust.
Urgh

What makes you put out such a statement Shakermaker ? Why do you think it is rubbish ? Are you just quoting some survey ? Is it too difficult to self-motivate ? Make yourself clear please .. all part of English Literature .. :D

shakermaker 13-11-2007 21:36

In all honesty katex, I wasn't expecting any replies. :rolleyes:
It's just the journals aren't here anymore and I needed to vent some rhetorical frustration at the world, as one does on occasion.
Totally arbitrarily of course, those ever so sweet, self indulgent and sarcasm-dwelling occasions quite frequently seem to embed themselves around the times of coursework deadlines!

MargaretR 13-11-2007 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 493347)
It's just the journals aren't here anymore and I needed to vent some rhetorical frustration at the world, as one does on occasion!
Totally arbitrarily of course, those ever so sweet, self indulgent and sarcasm-dwelling occasions quite frequently seem to embed themselves around the times of coursework deadlines!

This lad has a good knowledge of grammar and big words - can't be bad :D

One of my grandsons went there and they served him well - now at Edinburgh UNI studying geology

katex 13-11-2007 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 493347)
It's just the journals aren't here anymore and I needed to vent some rhetorical frustration at the world, as one does on occasion.

Studying Sociology .. perhaps you should have recognised that a thread on here will always attract a reply ... :D

Don't think sweet is the mood you are in here... but lovely sentence.

Will always be a few bumps to the top Shakermaker, ... now just get on with it !!!

Nickelson 14-11-2007 16:24

Strangely enough i want to go to BRGS for my A-Levels. Its there open evening next week.

shillelagh 14-11-2007 17:21

My niece goes to BRGS but shes got a way to go yet before she hits the 6th form shes only 13. One of my nieces went to Hassy High's 6th form shes now at Manchester Uni doing a degree in media studies. My nephew also went to Hassy Highs 6th form and scraped thro, finished in May this year. Hes now working for LCC.

fc:stanley 15-11-2007 12:41

Im at college at St Marys, Blackburn doing A Levels. I do English Language, ICT and Media Studies and i have to agree with Shakermaker, that the coursework is rubbish :(