Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   Has Anyone Noticed ? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/has-anyone-noticed-40979.html)

lancsdave 09-07-2008 20:58

Has Anyone Noticed ?

It's bucketing down outside :D

Lilly 09-07-2008 21:06

Re: Has Anyone Noticed ?

Yes, I had noticed. :(

It said in my paper today that we are going to have a month's worth of rain over the next couple of days and that July and August are looking to be rainy. :(

I'm sick of it.....it's turning out just like last year.....it's July for goodness sake!

I should be out in my garden wearing very little and sucking on a strawberry mivvi.

In 2003 when we had a very hot summer I bought a fan.....it's not been out of the loft for 2 years.

katex 09-07-2008 21:07

Eeew yeh, so it is .. must be some big buckets up there.

Not rainin' men though .... :(

BERNADETTE 09-07-2008 21:17

Came home about an hour a go and it was pouring down then. Fed up of getting wet:(

MargaretR 09-07-2008 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly (Post 604554)
Yes, I had noticed. :(

It said in my paper today that we are going to have a month's worth of rain over the next couple of days and that July and August are looking to be rainy. :(

I'm sick of it.....it's turning out just like last year.....it's July for goodness sake!

I should be out in my garden wearing very little and sucking on a strawberry mivvi.

In 2003 when we had a very hot summer I bought a fan.....it's not been out of the loft for 2 years.

A Fan!!!!- think of me - I spent £200 on an air con unit just as the heat wave ended 2 years ago - have used it for 2days :mad:

lancsdave 09-07-2008 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 604563)
A Fan!!!!- think of me - I spent £200 on an air con unit just as the heat wave ended 2 years ago - have used it for 2days :mad:

Remind me not to let you pick my lottery numbers :D

Lilly 09-07-2008 21:26

Quote:

Oh no, Margaret! :(

We were considering getting an air con unit but finished up just getting the fan.....fingers crossed that next year we might get some use out of them.

Bonnyboy 09-07-2008 21:29

Looks like it’s stopped for now. All sorts of crap had floated down the street and lodged behind me car wheels so I went out and lobbed them in front of next door int gutter. Problem was I was being watched by said neighbour who started wagging her finger at me :eek:

I gave her a cheesy grin, held my hands to the sky, shook me head an ran back inside :D:D

Bonnyboy 09-07-2008 21:31

Quote:

Did the very same, got a few weeks of benefit out of it though. Let it cool the living room every evening and lugged it up to the bedroom every night.

Never been used since :rolleyes:

emzy 09-07-2008 21:38

Ive just been out in it (in the car)

And would like to appologise to those outside the last orders having a fag, I didnt see the puddle..............

accyman 10-07-2008 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by emzy (Post 604577)
Ive just been out in it (in the car)

And would like to appologise to those outside the last orders having a fag, I didnt see the puddle..............

hahaha i got somone today on union road, i like to think i helped wash off the water they were already wearing lol

Sara 10-07-2008 17:41

Didn't notice, was in bed and asleep by 8.30. I feel like we've had one long winter, usually in winter i'm in my nightclothes after tea. It's not much later now, should be sat outside with a glass of wine in hand talking to some neightbours and annoying others lol.