Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   Lemmings (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/lemmings-41766.html)

danny27 11-08-2008 11:34

Lemmings

Well as some of you are aware i have been criticised by posting sport sections in the general section....

So, without furtheradoo, i bring to you... SAVE THE LEMMINGS.
Lemmings are very close to extinction, and we as a civilisation are doing NOTHING! Nothing, we just let them dive off a cliff!!! WHY, WHY DONT WE STOP THEM??? Do they KNOW what they're doing, or are they just blindly walking off cliffs for no apparent reason?
I think theres two ways of stopping them from doing so...

1.) Give them counselling. Maybe they have emotional/psychological issues and thats why they're commiting suicide.
2.) Stand there on the cliffs with them and STOP THEM! Turn them around, build a wall just DO something!!!

Anyway, hope im not the only one who feels this way because another species becoming extinct is very sad.

( And no, im NOT talking about the Game " Lemmings " this is a serious topic.

Loz 11-08-2008 11:41

Re: Lemmings

Are you taking the proverbial?!!

Tin Monkey 11-08-2008 11:42

Well you're wrong anyway. Lemmings don't throw themselves off cliffs.

Blame Walt Disney for the myth.

MargaretR 11-08-2008 11:49

1 Attachment(s)
Get a cat :D
Lemming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Population naturally fluctuates between enormous numbers and near extinction every 4 years

danny27 11-08-2008 11:50

No, im not taking the proverbial!!!

Just got this extract...
On occasion, and particularly in the case of the Norway lemmings in Scandinavia, large migrating groups will reach a cliff overlooking the ocean. They will stop until the urge to press on causes them to jump off the cliff and start swimming, sometimes to exhaustion and death. Lemmings are also often pushed into the sea as more and more lemmings arrive at the shore.

So ok, they dont commit suicide as such but they DO throw themselves off cliffs which in most cases ends up in death.

We need to do something!

Loz 11-08-2008 11:51

Sorry but you sounded like you were describing the game(even though you said you weren't!)

danny27 11-08-2008 11:58

Oh no...i love the game. Its just the real-life lemmings in concerned about, they're SO CUTE!!!!

Tin Monkey 11-08-2008 12:48

snopes.com: White Wilderness Lemmings Suicide

Lemming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But I suppose by getting people to respond to your post you've achieved your intention. I'll bow out now.

danny27 11-08-2008 13:10

I never said they commit MASS suicide, i said that they're throwing themselves of cliffs which in most cases leads to them dying of exhastion

pipinfort 11-08-2008 13:22

What a bizzare post...........:D

jambutty 11-08-2008 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by danny27 (Post 617729)
Oh no...i love the game. Its just the real-life lemmings in concerned about, they're SO CUTE!!!!

So if spiders or cockroaches did the same would you be advocating saving them from destruction?

Or are they not CUTE?

danny27 11-08-2008 13:35

Spiders...yes. they kill flies and i HATE flies. Cockroaches...no, they're vermin!!!

cashman 11-08-2008 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by danny27 (Post 617725)
No, im not taking the proverbial!!!

Just got this extract...
On occasion, and particularly in the case of the Norway lemmings in Scandinavia, large migrating groups will reach a cliff overlooking the ocean. They will stop until the urge to press on causes them to jump off the cliff and start swimming, sometimes to exhaustion and death. Lemmings are also often pushed into the sea as more and more lemmings arrive at the shore.

So ok, they dont commit suicide as such but they DO throw themselves off cliffs which in most cases ends up in death.

We need to do something!

please don't include me in this "We" i couldn't care less.:rolleyes: far more important things in life to me.

jaysay 11-08-2008 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 617793)
please don't include me in this "We" i couldn't care less.:rolleyes: far more important things in life to me.

Must agree cashy, fare more important things to think about, like things we discussed earlier:hehetable

garinda 11-08-2008 18:08

Save a Lemming.

Kill a Troll.