Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   Will the truth come out soon (UFO'S) (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/will-the-truth-come-out-soon-ufos-48695.html)

katex 08-08-2009 17:12

Re: Will the truth come out soon (UFO'S)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 734528)
We had everything from local gossip through to the latest roadworks and on to the political buffoonery of the council. The postings made great reading...everything from the likes of AB with all his linguistic eloquence through nurse Lettie with her cold, clinical diagnosis.

You really are Mr. Grouch Tealeaf. There are still plenty of threads as you describe, just intermingled with these outrageous ideas ... ok ... I think some are absolute bunkum, but still great fun. Never know, one may turn out to be correct someday. :eek:

Bet if you could get hold of the stastitics from a few years back, there are now more of 'your preferences', as there was then. :p

jaysay 09-08-2009 09:31

If we didn't have treads like this we would be able to have the crack, okay Mancie's politically OTT, but hey I love the banter mainly because I'm on the receiving end of his rantings. There is no better sport than stirring the pot and getting Rindi going, because like me I know he loves it. You've got to remember that a lot of stuff on here is tongue in cheek anyway, it would be boring if everything was serious or taken seriously:D:rolleyes:

MargaretR 09-08-2009 09:54

If 'Having the crack' means mudslinging on political threads I'd rather have a bit of X files stuff antyime

Tealeaf 09-08-2009 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 734710)
You really are Mr. Grouch Tealeaf. :p

This is an outrageous insult.

But I would rather be Mr Grouch than a complete fruitcake. It's just a shame that some of 'em just forget to take their medicine before they post on here.

MargaretR 09-08-2009 10:11

A fruitcake is better than a sadcake and in better company
as this link shows
Are UFOs real? Famous people who believed - Telegraph

garinda 09-08-2009 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 734903)
It's just a shame that some of 'em just forget to take their medicine before they post on here.

Are meths and spliffs now counted as medicine?

:D

katex 09-08-2009 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 734903)
This is an outrageous insult.

But I would rather be Mr Grouch than a complete fruitcake. It's just a shame that some of 'em just forget to take their medicine before they post on here.

Ah yes, but when you are a complete fruitcake you are not aware of the fact, and quite happy with your thoughts even if they may seem gloomy to other people, whereas a grouch is never happy as have to search for subjects to feed this obsession... :D

You only have to take a look at the threads of the 'fruitcakes' and see how many posts follow and the number of views ... obviously, we all find them interesting and fun to take a dig.

jaysay 09-08-2009 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 734911)
Ah yes, but when you are a complete fruitcake you are not aware of the fact, and quite happy with your thoughts even if they may seem gloomy to other people, whereas a grouch is never happy as have to search for subjects to feed this obsession... :D

You only have to take a look at the threads of the 'fruitcakes' and see how many posts follow and the number of views ... obviously, we all find them interesting and fun to take a dig.

If there were no fruitcake threads it would be very boring on here:D

MargaretR 09-08-2009 10:22

....and when the time comes for the sadcakes to eat their words, they will be less nourished :D

garinda 09-08-2009 10:41

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_upCd10GTMA...nd+is+nigh.png

jaysay 09-08-2009 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 734915)

Exactly:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

***Mr D*** 09-08-2009 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 734891)
If we didn't have treads like this we would be able to have the crack, okay Mancie's politically OTT, but hey I love the banter mainly because I'm on the receiving end of his rantings. There is no better sport than stirring the pot and getting Rindi going, because like me I know he loves it. You've got to remember that a lot of stuff on here is tongue in cheek anyway, it would be boring if everything was serious or taken seriously:D:rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 734911)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 734913)
If there were no fruitcake threads it would be very boring on here:D

Exactly, having the crack is part of the fun.

A forum needs posts that are not the same repetative stuff, interesting though most of the "crazy" threds I make have many views and comments all be it some a just out to try to upset/anger the "fruitcakes".:)

I dont see why certain threds upset certain people, no one forces you to view them why do you feel the need to try to belittle the posters or contributers, (And you call them the fruitcakes):D:D:rolleyes:

Less 09-08-2009 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** (Post 734977)
Exactly, having the crack is part of the fun.

A forum needs posts that are not the same repetative stuff, interesting though most of the "crazy" threds I make have many views and comments all be it some a just out to try to upset/anger the "fruitcakes".:)

I dont see why certain threds upset certain people, no one forces you to view them why do you feel the need to try to belittle the posters or contributers, (And you call them the fruitcakes):D:D:rolleyes:

What the hey? If you posted it to be a bit of a titter, why is it in General chat rather than anything goes, that's where the crack goes, I thought you were being serious, my mistake obviously?

I do my best work in anything goes, I can even be a bit of a Fruit Cake with what I post in there.

I do apologise, I thought because of where it is you actually took this stuff seriously.

Wow, I can look forward to you, teasing folk and the rest of us joining in.

That will be far more enjoyable, look out Maggie he was only extracting the urine!

***Mr D*** 10-08-2009 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 734996)
What the hey? If you posted it to be a bit of a titter, why is it in General chat rather than anything goes, that's where the crack goes, I thought you were being serious, my mistake obviously?

I do my best work in anything goes, I can even be a bit of a Fruit Cake with what I post in there.

I do apologise, I thought because of where it is you actually took this stuff seriously.

Wow, I can look forward to you, teasing folk and the rest of us joining in.

That will be far more enjoyable, look out Maggie he was only extracting the urine!

:D Of corse part of the fun is having the crack (cant take life to serious), doesnt mean is not for general chat, If the mods, or the people with extra privilages wanted to move my threds then its fine by me.

Do I take this stuff serious, well depends on the subject matter at hand.:) I dont just dismiss something as rubbish I will view it with open eyes.

As for this topic UFO'S - I believe.:)

Its all about spreading / sharing information for people to make up there own minds.

Less 10-08-2009 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** (Post 735122)
Its all about spreading / sharing information for people to make up there own minds.

Nope, sorry you are worse than someone that has found God, You put forward your version of the truth then find it reprehensible that others don't agree.

Believe what you want, (I do), but don't get upset if you make those beliefs public and others want to say it's rubbish, if you don't want an alternative view don't post from Sci-Fi sites.

http://www.tiptopglobe.com/skin/smile/s607.gif

I've put my tin hat on ready for your reply.