Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   Worse Christmas pressies .. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/worse-christmas-pressies-50710.html)

shillelagh 03-12-2009 21:49

Worse Christmas pressies ..

BBC News - Should we stop buying Christmas presents?

Theyre recommending buying gift vouchers as pressies rather than buying something.

So whats your worst christmas pressie that you've received ....

mine is anything perfumed ..like bubble bath (dont have a bath :D) shower gels, soap etc ..

spugs already knows that .. :p:p:p

MargaretR 03-12-2009 22:28

Re: Worse Christmas pressies ..

I once recieved one of these
Mr Wonderful Talking Toy Dolls - Talking Dolls & Key Chains
A yankee cowboy type with a patronising line in small talk - yuk!
I removed the batteries and binned him

cherokee 03-12-2009 22:31

I hate cheap perfumes . Had some over the years and they,ve usually ended up on the nearest tombola stall lol!!!

jaysay 04-12-2009 09:26

Worst xmas pressy I ever recieved was a packet of Cigars from the mother-in-law just:eek: two weeks after being discharged from a chest ward after a 5 week stay, do you think she was trying to tell me something:rolleyes::D

Barrie Yates 04-12-2009 10:46

Being posted to Borneo on a 12 month tour with no home leave - departed on Boxing Day 1963

cashman 04-12-2009 12:34

just same as a pint, no bad uns, just some better n others.:)

accyman 04-12-2009 12:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 767340)
just same as a pint, no bad uns, just some better n others.:)

not drank in accy center for a while then eh lol

cashman 04-12-2009 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 767341)
not drank in accy center for a while then eh lol

not drank anywhere fer quite a while, :(

Margaret Pilkington 04-12-2009 13:52

My worst Christmas present was a hand held Dirt Devil.......I'm sure I must have blogged about it......the thought of it still rankles after many years.
Himself thought it was a great present.......I had mentioned after seeing an advert, that it would be ideal for cleaning the stairs........but that didn't mean I wanted one for Christmas.
Domestic appliances do not fill the bill as Christmas presents unless your other half has specifically asked for one for Christmas

cherokee 04-12-2009 15:47

What is it with men ? from Nov onwards I darent say if I need new domestic appliances oranything for the kitchen or Like you MP i get em for xmas lol!!!

Although the year before last I did get a slow cooker and to my surprise when I opened it up, inside the cooker was a beautiful gold bracelet , so think he got the hint hahaha!!!

vera 04-12-2009 17:17

I was once asked "what would you like for Christmas?" Me, being me, said "I could do with a new mop and bucket." Guess what. That is exactly what i got, but not with a "gold bracelet" in it. What a lousy day i had.

cashman 04-12-2009 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by vera (Post 767426)
I was once asked "what would you like for Christmas?" Me, being me, said "I could do with a new mop and bucket." Guess what. That is exactly what i got, but not with a "gold bracelet" in it. What a lousy day i had.

women!!! always moaning, ya got 2 pressies yon.:D

david1 04-12-2009 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by vera (Post 767426)

I bet Accylass gift wrapped it ?? .:D:D:D

SPUGGIE J 04-12-2009 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by david1 (Post 767437)
I bet Accylass gift wrapped it ?? .:D:D:D

Doubt it she would have just turned up with it unwrapped and with a set of instructions. :p

grannyclaret 04-12-2009 22:33

Someone said to her husband ,,i would just love a new coat,any animal skin will do,,,,she got a donkey jacket,,,,