Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   The English Defence League Accrington Division (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/the-english-defence-league-accrington-division-52056.html)

cjrockman 01-03-2010 12:16

The English Defence League Accrington Division

I have just set up the Accrington division of the edl on Facebook. If you are already a member of the edl or are wanting to become a member. You now have a place to go to organize and find out about what has been organised in your area. Here is the link and i hope to see your input and ideas .:)English Defence League "Accrington Division" | Facebook

cashman 01-03-2010 12:46

Re: The English Defence League Accrington Division

please explain what exactly is the english defence league?:confused:

Less 01-03-2010 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 793173)

You shouldn't have asked, this isn't going to be a short thread anymore!
:rolleyes:

Gayle 01-03-2010 13:01

Who are the EDL? - Exposing the Myth

From what I've just read, they're a little to the right of the BNP

cjrockman 01-03-2010 13:05

In short the EDL is an organization that is against Islamic extremists and all that they stand for and all that they are trying to do to this country.

Nice one less i think you may be right on that one i take it you've heard of us :)

cjrockman 01-03-2010 13:07

But the EDL are not racist in any way shape or form and they are completely against racism

Less 01-03-2010 13:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjrockman (Post 793185)
But the EDL are not racist in any way shape or form and they are completely against racism

I am a Morris Dancer, unfortunately the bells have fallen off my right leg you will have to pull the other one.

garinda 01-03-2010 13:49

I'm a Mullah, and would like to join.

Thank you.

garinda 01-03-2010 13:52

By the way, the link you gave to the main site isn't working.

You just can't get adequate staff these days.

Gayle 01-03-2010 13:56

It was working a short while ago.
Try the link that I put up.

cjrockman 01-03-2010 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 793186)
I am a Morris Dancer, unfortunately the bells have fallen off my right leg you will have to pull the other one.

well i havent seen any moderator of the edl be racist on the forums and we have members from lots of different cultures

pipinfort 01-03-2010 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 793173)

Is it a bit like world of warcraft or dungeons and dragons......? never heard of it.

garinda 01-03-2010 15:01

Found this on the site, but it doesn't give a size.

Are they one size fits all?

WELSH DEFENCE LEAGUE HOODIE (WDL) *BURKA FACE MASK* on eBay (end time 18-Mar-10 15:35:21 GMT)

Benipete 01-03-2010 15:15

I think the Dandelion advert says it all really,Still it makes a change.:D:D

garinda 01-03-2010 15:19

Nice wedding photographs by the way.

Is it a local mosque in the background?

cjrockman 01-03-2010 15:28

no its a local church im English why would i go to a mosque its the church in accy town center if you want to know

jaysay 01-03-2010 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 793198)

Thank you.

You don't qualify Rindi you have to be a mad Mullah:D

garinda 01-03-2010 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjrockman (Post 793249)
no its a local church im English why would i go to a mosque its the church in accy town center if you want to know

I only asked because it was a tiny photograph.

Anyway lots of English people worship in mosques. Some in buildings converted from disused Christian churches.

Are you a regular worshipper at St. Jame's?

cjrockman 01-03-2010 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 793221)
Found this on the site, but it doesn't give a size.

Are they one size fits all?

WELSH DEFENCE LEAGUE HOODIE (WDL) *BURKA FACE MASK* on eBay (end time 18-Mar-10 15:35:21 GMT)

not sure on the sizes i dont deal with the clothes but if you go to the EDLs forum here Error and pm an admin im sure they can help you tony williamson will be able to help you i think

garinda 01-03-2010 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjrockman (Post 793255)
not sure on the sizes i dont deal with the clothes but if you go to the EDLs forum here Error and pm an admin im sure they can help you tony williamson will be able to help you i think

Thanks.

Peace be with you.

cjrockman 01-03-2010 15:39

No problem pal im not no we just wanted to get married in a big place good point on the english people worshiping in mosques i did not think about that lol but thanks for your complement on the pic

cjrockman 01-03-2010 15:42

so garinda do you know how to join ive just seen that you would like to. my browser keeps playing up i just switched browsers

Gayle 01-03-2010 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjrockman (Post 793268)
so garinda do you know how to join ive just seen that you would like to. my browser keeps playing up i just switched browsers

Has your irony button stopped working with the switch over of browsers? :rolleyes:

jaysay 02-03-2010 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 793273)
Has your irony button stopped working with the switch over of browsers? :rolleyes:

Nice one Gayle:D

Barrie Yates 02-03-2010 20:11

Would the EDL propose only English born members of Parliament or the House of Lords, as the Scots, Welsh & Northern Irish now have thier own assemblies?

Mancie 02-03-2010 20:18

The EDL are made up from footy hooligans that ain't got nowt else to do.

DaveinGermany 07-03-2010 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 793709)
The EDL are made up from footy hooligans that ain't got nowt else to do.

Are you sure Mancie ? I mean the Lads' got a shirt & tie on & everythig, proper respectable those as wears shirts & ties !!! :)

LYNX1 07-03-2010 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 793199)
By the way, the link you gave to the main site isn't working.

You just can't get adequate staff these days.

Link worked for me Gary

garinda 07-03-2010 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by LYNX1 (Post 795072)
Link worked for me Gary

I think they employed a Pole, to sort it out.

garinda 19-03-2010 15:31

Tomorrow we've planned a family visit to Bolton, to see a wonderful play called And Did Those Feet.

I saw it last year with Lettie and Sparkologist, and it was one the best plays I've ever seen. On paper it's about Bolton's F.A. Cup run in 1923, but really it's about love, and the losses brought about by World War I.

It received a standing ovation when I saw it, and at least two of our party of three, had tears in their eyes.

I encouraged my family, including the younger members, that we should all take the chance to see it, after it was being reprised this spring.

Tickets were booked last August, and a pre-theatre dinner was booked at the Olive Press.

Now we've been informed that the restaurant is closed, because the English Defence League are having a mass rally tomorrow, and there's also an anti-ENDL protest planned, with people arriving from all over the country.

Many pubs, restaurants, and taxi firms, are apparenting closing tonight, and not reopening until Sunday lunchtime, and even now much of the town centre is barricaded, and cordoned off.

If we aren't able to get to the Octagon safely tomorrow, because of this rally, it won't be us shedding tears, it will be the protesters, who are attacked by my mother's brolly. Angered that something we've all looked forward to so much, has been spoiled.

;)

yerself 19-03-2010 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda
Nice wedding photographs by the way.

Is it a local mosque in the background?

I've only just seen this thread. He's one of those who says he's an atheist, gets married in the register office then nips across the road to have his wedding photographs taken in a churchyard.:rolleyes:

garinda 19-03-2010 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 798661)
I've only just seen this thread. He's one of those who says he's an atheist, gets married in the register office then nips across the road to have his wedding photographs taken in a churchyard.:rolleyes:

Don't be too hard.

It's an English tradition after all.

Pop in and use His gaff. Few pics. Pop out, and all without bothering God too much.

:camera8:

Mancie 20-03-2010 02:33

The EDL have a protest rally that is plastered all over the internet.. some other bods go to work and call for a protest about the protest by the EDL... and so so.
The EDL are football hooligans that ain't got nowt else to do on the day..the opposition to the EDL are young Asians that have nothing better to do on the day.
It's all good stuff if you want punch up. pure and simple.

garinda 20-03-2010 08:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 798698)
The EDL have a protest rally that is plastered all over the internet.. some other bods go to work and call for a protest about the protest by the EDL... and so so.
The EDL are football hooligans that ain't got nowt else to do on the day..the opposition to the EDL are young Asians that have nothing better to do on the day.
It's all good stuff if you want punch up. pure and simple.

'Thousands of anti-fascist campaigners and trade unionists will descend on Bolton on Saturday to stop English Defence League (EDL) thugs marching through the town centre.

Unite Against Fascism, which called the national demonstration, said yesterday that its local branches had organised around 70 coaches from across the country to bring protesters to Bolton's Victoria Square for 11am on Saturday.

The rally will hear speeches from the Labour movement, including representatives of the CWU, PCS, NUT and UCU unions'
Activists to confront far right in Bolton / Britain / Home - Morning Star

You're probably on the coach by now, but just to let you know, the weather is wet, so bring a rain-mate.

;):D

Less 20-03-2010 08:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 798728)

You're probably on the coach by now, but just to let you know, the weather is wet, so bring a rain-mate.

;):D

From what you've said earlier rindy, they will have to stop off quite some way, away for a beer break because everywhere is closed.

Not my idea of a fun day out.

Less walks away, whistling, 'with me little stick of Blackpool Rock'.

garinda 20-03-2010 09:11

'TOWN Hall chiefs have expressed their disappointment after Home Secretary Alan Johnson said there was nothing he could do to stop the planned English Defence League rally in Bolton tomorrow.'

'Civic leaders wanted to ban the protest because of the potential for violence to break out, as has happened at other EDL rallies across the country.'
Disappointment at Government's line (From The Bolton News)

If you don't here from me again, it's been nice knowing you.

(I won't be in hospital by the way. I'll be banged up for A.B.H., for assaulting someone with a rolled up theatre programme.)

;) :D

shillelagh 20-03-2010 14:04

i wonder if we will hear again from rindy ......

BBC News - Thirty-four arrests in 'hostile' EDL protest in Bolton

jaysay 20-03-2010 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 798843)
i wonder if we will hear again from rindy ......

BBC News - Thirty-four arrests in 'hostile' EDL protest in Bolton

Could be possible it maybe be in words of one syllable:D

garinda 20-03-2010 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 798846)
Could be possible it maybe be in words of one syllable:D

Triumphant.

;)

It is a worry, especially taking younger members of the family, as it still seems there's trouble going on.

We're eating before we get to Bolton now, hoping the muppets will be tired of the rain, by the time we get there.

Farewell...

:rolleyes::D

shillelagh 20-03-2010 23:55

your back safe and sound rindy ..:D:D:D

garinda 21-03-2010 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 799022)
your back safe and sound rindy ..:D:D:D

Safe and sound.

We even ate in Bolton, after the Olive Press called us and gave us the all clear.

:)

It must have cost millions.

Besides boarding all the shops, the loss of trade on the busiest day, and the hundreds of police, who we were told, acted very professionally, and did a good job in trying to keep order.

When we arrived it was like a ghost town.

mattylad 22-03-2010 17:37

Seems that at the recent Bolton event, it was not the EDL that were arrested but those protesting against them.

cashman 22-03-2010 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattylad (Post 799467)
Seems that at the recent Bolton event, it was not the EDL that were arrested but those protesting against them.

not quite accurate, said the Majority of arrests were from Unite Against Facism.:)

StevenWaling 25-03-2010 12:46

Another reason to leave Accrington - it's full of bloody racist boneheads

Barrie Yates 25-03-2010 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevenWaling (Post 800102)

I am struggling to discern any logic in your post, perhaps you would care to enlighten me?

StevenWaling 25-03-2010 12:53

The EDL are nothing but a bunch of racist boneheads. That's what. And there were plenty of racist boneheads when I was growing up there. So no change then.

garinda 25-03-2010 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevenWaling (Post 800105)
The EDL are nothing but a bunch of racist boneheads. That's what. And there were plenty of racist boneheads when I was growing up there. So no change then.

Where do you live now?

If given a location, I bet I can come up with a group of boneheads close to you, within five minutes.

Sadly, this area holds no unique position on this score, and it's unfair to pretend otherwise.

Less 25-03-2010 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 800161)
Sadly, this area holds no unique position on this score, and it's unfair to pretend otherwise.

Rindy, Rindy, Rindy, who's dummy did you borrow to spit that one out, (if it was from that naughty little andrew I'll tan you from here to Christendom, he thinks he's too posh for rickets).

Our area is blessed, we, are down one bonehead, he doesn't like the area, or the people, he moved away, he has made so many new friends that he now spends his leisure time in a remote area far away, pretending he doesn't miss us & taking time out to tell us that.

Or

Perhaps he hasn't found any boneheads where he is that will put up with him?

garinda 25-03-2010 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 800235)

Perhaps he hasn't found any boneheads where he is that will put up with him?

I could facilitate a meeting within five minutes, and within 500m of any given location in the UK.

I like to help people.

Give, give, give.

That's me all over.

DaveinGermany 25-03-2010 16:53

Quote:

I don't live in the area so can't really comment, but it seems to be a rather general & sweeping statement your levelling at the Town ! One Lad comes on, says he's from the EDL & is forming a branch in Accrington (So one individual makes the Town "Full of bloody racist boneheads") ?.

Can you verify how many people have swollen their ranks since his invite ? I don't think so, & how much support was there from AccyWeb ? If you have a read through you may note a hint of what ? Irony, sarcasm, contempt ? I don't know you decide Stevie Lad, but just don't go off on one when you don't know the Folk involved. :) Calm your passion & vent it when & where it's deserved.

mattylad 25-03-2010 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 799476)
not quite accurate, said the Majority of arrests were from Unite Against Facism.:)

And UAF were the ones protesting against the EDL so the majority of arrests "were" those protesting against the EDL :D

EEEEEE..... we nevra had them TLA things when I were in the RAF :D:D

Barrie Yates 25-03-2010 18:03

Quote:

Where is this moronic cretin coming from - Ignore the illegitimate offspring !!!!!!1

mattylad 26-03-2010 07:07

Yeah, they are not racist, they hate everyone equally! :D

Mancie 12-10-2010 02:31

Back to the 70's.then it was the NF... the EDL are now the front line skinhead troops that reckon they are fighting for all the right thinking people of England.. there is very little media coverage of the violence that happened in Leicester last week..in times of the untold poverty this government are about impose on this country I'd say the EDL will grow.. and the gaps between communites will grow.. just a thought.

garinda 12-10-2010 07:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 851582)
Back to the 70's.then it was the NF... the EDL are now the front line skinhead troops that reckon they are fighting for all the right thinking people of England.. there is very little media coverage of the violence that happened in Leicester last week..in times of the untold poverty this government are about impose on this country I'd say the EDL will grow.. and the gaps between communites will grow.. just a thought.

I didn't see the tv news this weekend, but there were reports every hour on the radio news.

Also, the violence at the rally in Bolton, received full coverage on the television news, both locally and nationally.

Neil 12-10-2010 08:24

From what I could see there would have been no violence if the UAF had not been present. I have no idea who started it all though.

garinda 12-10-2010 08:49

I suspect many, both pro and against, go along for the argy-bargy, like some do who attend football matches. Even though they don't watch the game, they enjoy the aggro, against the enemy opposition.

The sort of tribalism you see in school playgrounds.

Fight! Fight! Fight!

Tears before bedtime.

garinda 12-10-2010 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 793198)

Thank you.

The local Facebook group seems to have disappeared.

Unless I've been mullahed.

jaysay 12-10-2010 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 851582)
in times of the untold poverty this government are about impose on this country

Because of the profligate Labour Government before it as per usual;)

garinda 12-10-2010 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 851632)
Because of the profligate Labour Government before it as per usual;)

Still can't work out which one's the tit, and which one's the tat, with you two.

Vicbfc 12-10-2010 23:57

Im half English and half Irish, so would only half of me fit in ? :confused:

jaysay 13-10-2010 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 851635)
Still can't work out which one's the tit, and which one's the tat, with you two.

He keeps putting um up and I'll keep knocking um down;)