Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   armed forces? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/armed-forces-5311.html)

mez 20-08-2004 13:40

armed forces?

has anyone on this site been or is in the armed services, have you funny tales or piccies to show?

Sparkologist 20-08-2004 13:49

Re: armed forces?

Hehehe.... What are you upto here, Mez? I bet you're fishing for some more piccies of Mac's naked body. :D

mez 20-08-2004 13:55

never i may have a suprise for you all //

KIPAX 20-08-2004 15:03

I was officialy in the army for a couple of hours... Got paid..

When I left school I did all the tests.. went for the weekend and signed the papers... It was either a month or 2 months before you go in that you took your medical. I failed.. Not knowing this I went from the medical back to the army careers office on fishergate in Preston. They informed me I had failed and sent me upstairs with some paperwork... I was paid by the army for the hours I had spent in exams and at the medical from when I had signed up... It was quite a few quid as well but didn't make up for the dissapointment of failing the med (Eyesight)

Before you ask..... Army catering Corps was what I signed up for after many years in the Army cadets (Queens own IIRC) as Lance Corperal and my finest hour was a first class bren gun badge :) I bet I could stil take one to pieces and rebuild with a blindfold on.. Same with a 303.

Oooooer :)

Len 20-08-2004 16:15

Not me. I was once in the RAAF cadets as a young lad. lol
I think sparky is right, we know what mez is after.

mez 20-08-2004 16:55

no len & sparky you are both wrong you may find out later he he he, yes i was in the services? but all will be reveeled in awhile ?

lettie 20-08-2004 17:07

Never joined the forces, toyed with the idea of joining Queen Alexandra's Nursing Corps when I first qualified, but one of the nurses from there came to talk to us to try to recruit and she didn't put it across to well and made it sound like it was full of lezzers.

Less 20-08-2004 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by lettie
Never joined the forces, toyed with the idea of joining Queen Alexandra's Nursing Corps when I first qualified, but one of the nurses from there came to talk to us to try to recruit and she didn't put it across to well and made it sound like it was full of lezzers.

Wot's wrong with Lesser's? I feel hurt now!

Len 20-08-2004 17:58

Quote:

Wot's wrong with Lesser's? I feel hurt now!
Nice one Less. lol
Off topic, I know but everyone else does it from time to time. Sorry.
Just couldn’t resist., very funny I thought.

ShortStuff 20-08-2004 21:08

England would have been safe when Mez was in the Armed Forces - I wouldn't mess with her!

mac 20-08-2004 21:40

im in the army got loads of funny stories. i wont bore you with too much. but im a mate of nookies. the bloke currently in bad lads army. i used to work with him.

his wife wears the trousers. she is a big scary welsh woman and he is scared of her. he is soft as **** and used to constantly come to work with black eyes after nights in the mess. he used to make out he was a boxer and people used to beat him up. and thats the truth. he also stole one of my sayings in the first series. which i wasnt happy with. "pocket today safety catch tomorrow" he is a good bloke, got alot of time for him. but if you watch him in the series he never puts himself in a dangerous situation cause he knows he will get a pasteing. if you are wondering which person im talking about there is a pic of him 6 threads above this one.

Mick 21-08-2004 10:12

1 Attachment(s)
Now who is this then?

Len 21-08-2004 11:50

Mez.

I like your glasses. :rofl38:

mez 21-08-2004 12:01

sorry len looks as if you NEED them ? :signntme:

Len 21-08-2004 12:21

I know, just kidding. lol
You look very smart. When was that taken?