Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   Just gotta say. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/just-gotta-say-61470.html)

janet 11-05-2012 23:45

Just gotta say.

This is the first time I have actually logged into my account for months now, Just gotta say, that this website is crap, what happened to all the fun we used to have a few of years ago.This was my favourite website, but now, I rarely bother to log in. I have been a member from the start.

Eric 11-05-2012 23:53

Re: Just gotta say.

Quote:

Originally Posted by janet (Post 991206)
This is the first time I have actually logged into my account for months now, Just gotta say, that this website is crap, what happened to all the fun we used to have a few of years ago.This was my favourite website, but now, I rarely bother to log in. I have been a member from the start.

I think the problem is with all the foreigners who post.

Restless 12-05-2012 00:48

yeah these overseas peoples ruining the site.

Janet-- topics have been dark as of late. But take a look around, there is some threads that are fun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 991207)
I think the problem is with all the foreigners who post.

Eric 12-05-2012 02:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 991209)

Janet-- topics have been dark as of late. But take a look around, there is some threads that are fun.

Well ... ok. ... but you didn't have to agree with me so quickly, :mad:

davemac 12-05-2012 10:20

Quote:

We dont want you to stay were you are not enjoying yourself, but to to give a blanket statment like the entire site is "crap" shows you have not looked around the site fully.
The site is too big to make that comment, without spending days looking.

Although if you are true to your word you will not even be reading this thread as you will have gone back to your fun filled life, have fun.

susie123 12-05-2012 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 991247)
We dont want you to stay were you are not enjoying yourself, but to to give a blanket statment like the entire site is "crap" shows you have not looked around the site fully.
The site is too big to make that comment, without spending days looking.

Although if you are true to your word you will not even be reading this thread as you will have gone back to your fun filled life, have fun.

I second that Dave. Very well put.

mobertol 12-05-2012 11:37

Quote:

Hope you enjoy reading through this, your own, "fun" thread Janet!:rolleyes:

Restless 12-05-2012 12:03

haha! :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 991212)
Well ... ok. ... but you didn't have to agree with me so quickly, :mad:

davemac 12-05-2012 12:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 991248)
I second that Dave. Very well put.

I know, I surprised myself sometimes

Less 12-05-2012 12:44

Quote:

Might I suggest you start your own website?

I'm sure that with your attitude you could create something far better, why not send Roy a PM and scrounge some room for free on his servers?
Show him how it should be done!

To anyone else, if you do have an idea of a website that could actually be useful to folk, PM myself or Mick, we'll force him to develop the best one.

Hey Mick, any prizes left over from the photo competition?
We could offer them up to an original idea.
:D

Margaret Pilkington 12-05-2012 12:52

If you wanted to make it fun...you could have stayed around.
Fun threads/good threads/ interesting threads, do not start themselves.
Talking the site down does you, and the current members, no favours at all.
I agree entirely with the post Davemac has made.

jaysay 12-05-2012 13:33

:bye2:A website like this is only as good as the people who use it, obviously this Lady or Girl hasn't spent much time on here, but if I didn't like something I sure as hell couldn't be arsed wasting my time telling everybody that I didn't:bye2::bye2:bye you won't be missed

Margaret Pilkington 12-05-2012 13:46

John, Janets' post just goes to show that some people come on here for whatever floats their boat....when it ceases to float their boat they move on...that could have been done quite easily without us all being told about it.
Janet is entitled to her opinion, we are entitled to ours...they do not have to coincide...they can co-exist......and Janet can stay or go...whatever she chooses will not harm the site.
I have said it before, but will repeat it...the site is greater than the input of one member.

And to Janet...if you find a better site...then please come back and tell us where it is.....I would be interested to have a look at it.
Whatever faults you may think Accyweb has, it beats all the other hands down.

Less 12-05-2012 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 991268)
:bye2:A website like this is only as good as the people who use it,

Well if that's the case she's right, we should be ashamed of ourselves for living down to her dissatisfaction,
Perhaps we need to dig a little deeper?
Which of our mods/admins has been Playing with her affections but no longer calls?
Somebody must be responsible for her outburst, let's make it interesting.
:)

jaysay 12-05-2012 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 991276)
Well if that's the case she's right, we should be ashamed of ourselves for living down to her dissatisfaction,
Perhaps we need to dig a little deeper?
Which of our mods/admins has been Playing with her affections but no longer calls?
Somebody must be responsible for her outburst, let's make it interesting.
:)

In fact Less I should have said only as good as the people who use it, make it;)

Restless 12-05-2012 15:39

I think the replies here are a little harsh. Janet has made over 2000 posts and her karma has also been shot to ****.

Less was almost there. By that I mean, lets invite her to tell us what is crap about the site. Let her elaborate on what is crap and what is not. After all being a forum everything is up for debate.

Michael1954 12-05-2012 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 991291)
I think the replies here are a little harsh. Janet has made over 2000 posts and her karma has also been shot to ****.

Less was almost there. By that I mean, lets invite her to tell us what is crap about the site. Let her elaborate on what is crap and what is not. After all being a forum everything is up for debate.

I think the replies have been restrained, rather than harsh.

Restless 12-05-2012 15:51

ah. I just would like to know what she thinks is crap about it. It looks the same, Lots of the members are still here from when she joined in 2004. We know its not crap, but its like I have said; she needs to search the site. Seems she has come back and found all the darker subjects as of late. But has she come back and seen any of these comments?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael1954 (Post 991294)
I think the replies have been restrained, rather than harsh.

Yeah. I must go back and read them again. But saying 'bye bye you won't be missed isn't harsh :confused: ?

mobertol 12-05-2012 15:56

I don't think anyone has been harsh either -my own comment could be taken as light sarcasm and of course we all have our own definition of fun.

Just took a peep at Janet's profile but it doesn't give much away so i had a look at some of her past "fun" posts - laugh a minute stuff:rolleyes:

Oops, now that perhaps is a little harsh of me.:o:D

Restless 12-05-2012 15:58

ok ok. I guess I was just talking about John's comment. I got ahead of my keyboard :tongueout

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 991297)
Just took a peep at Janet's profile but it doesn't give much away so i had a look at some of her past "fun" posts - laugh a minute stuff:rolleyes:

i have just been doing that too!!! :o

davemac 12-05-2012 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 991297)
I don't think anyone has been harsh either -my own comment could be taken as light sarcasm and of course we all have our own definition of fun.

Oops, now that perhaps is a little harsh of me.:o:D

I never thought of doing that, so went and read some of her posts, got to page 4 and laughed so much I had to change my Tena Lady...is that harsh or sarcastic or sarcastically harsh?

Am I having fun yet?

DaveinGermany 12-05-2012 22:47

Quote:

This is the first time I have actually logged into my account for months now, Just gotta say, that this website is crap,

Bit harsh isn't it Lass ? Could you be a bit clearer as to why you've come to this conclusion ? Have you had a proper mooch about to see what's happening elsewhere on here or did you just look at 1 or 2 dismal threads & presume ?

You said yourself you've not been on here for a while so plenty would've passed you by in that time. So go on, have a sneck through some older threads then come back & see if you still feel the same. :)

Eric 13-05-2012 03:28

I think that she was abducted by the clones ... not the cones ... taken by the ducks to the bottom of the canal ... annually probed by Jay's keyboard ... and then dumped back into this dimension to infiltrate this forum. The aliens hope, no doubt, that she will spread demoralization in the ranks. Not too much has been heard about the penguins lately ... they may be involved.

Mick 13-05-2012 07:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 991261)
Might I suggest you start your own website?

I'm sure that with your attitude you could create something far better, why not send Roy a PM and scrounge some room for free on his servers?
Show him how it should be done!

To anyone else, if you do have an idea of a website that could actually be useful to folk, PM myself or Mick, we'll force him to develop the best one.

Hey Mick, any prizes left over from the photo competition?
We could offer them up to an original idea.

I am sure we can sort something out in the way of a Prize for the best suggestion that we actually use on site:D

davemac 13-05-2012 19:33

1 Attachment(s)
What about a website dedicated to invisibility, Not sure if it will work, I cant see it myself.

We could have photos of the best invisible object, as a starter I have uploaded an invisible horse jumping over a stone jump, you will notice the fact that the rider becomes invisible by sitting on the horse.

Have I won!

Margaret Pilkington 13-05-2012 19:41

No...but it is a very pretty scene you captured. Have a putty medal!(OK Karma then)

Restless 13-05-2012 19:53

well she wrote a topic and ran off. Naughty Janet!!

davemac 13-05-2012 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 991479)
No...but it is a very pretty scene you captured. Have a putty medal!(OK Karma then)

A man outstanding in his field,, how can I not win I'm the only entrant. Dont say I came second again. ( by the way it was saturdays walk up the coppice)

davemac 13-05-2012 20:00

1 Attachment(s)
second entry, what about a normal horse with an invisible rider?

Have I won yet?

susie123 13-05-2012 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 991490)
second entry, what about a normal horse with an invisible rider?

Have I won yet?

That's not a normal horse, it's got a second head coming out the side of its neck. Is its name Zaphod Beeblebrox??

davemac 13-05-2012 20:19

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 991493)
That's not a normal horse, it's got a second head coming out the side of its neck. Is its name Zaphod Beeblebrox??

You can call me slartybartfast, what about a large gorilla hanging off a spire.

I must have won now?

Less 13-05-2012 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 991475)
What about a website dedicated to invisibility, Not sure if it will work, I cant see it myself.

We could have photos of the best invisible object, as a starter I have uploaded an invisible horse jumping over a stone jump, you will notice the fact that the rider becomes invisible by sitting on the horse.

Have I won!

I'm afraid not here is something I stole the idea from another website several years ago along similar lines.
:(

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...life-6155.html

davemac 13-05-2012 20:34

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 991496)
I'm afraid not here is something I stole the idea from another website several years ago along similar lines.

I get the gist less, but my photos are real photos, with real invisible objects, I attach another as proof . Here is an alien spaceship with invisible aliens hanging from the thrust portal

I must have won now, or, is this not a real contest but an invisible one, if that is the case I am entering something that doesnt exist, therfore I must not exist, if thats the case..................my head hurts........nurse

susie123 13-05-2012 20:39

Quote:

Haha Less just read that thread and pmsl! :o

sm_counsell 13-05-2012 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 991209)

Hey Restless, hope you're not referring to me!!, Or perhaps I can get away with being an ex-pat and not a foreigner!
I think Janet just felt like provoking the forum a bit, perhaps nothing exciting is going on for her. Have pity, I just hope this doesn't go on as long as the last similar thread, if it does, we are giving Miss Janet exactly what she wants.

Margaret Pilkington 13-05-2012 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 991498)

Me too ...I had quite forgotten that thread......my chuckle muscle is well and truly exercised.

davemac 13-05-2012 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by sm_counsell (Post 991499)
Hey Restless, hope you're not referring to me!!, Or perhaps I can get away with being an ex-pat and not a foreigner!
I think Janet just felt like provoking the forum a bit, perhaps nothing exciting is going on for her. Have pity, I just hope this doesn't go on as long as the last similar thread, if it does, we are giving Miss Janet exactly what she wants.

Slightly off topic did you collect your prize?

Margaret Pilkington 13-05-2012 20:47

Quote:

From what I can recall of Janet, she didn't seem like someone who would post something to be provocative....my recollections of her were that she was a 'moderate' poster.

Less 13-05-2012 21:10

Quote:

I just hope this doesn't go on as long as the last similar thread, if it does, we are giving Miss Janet exactly what she wants.

It depends how we treat the thread, if we get all serious then she is right, if however we turn it into a fun thread perhaps there is just a little hope for us beyond what she can see.

Restless 13-05-2012 21:14

No referring. It was a joke response to Eric :D

Quote:

Eric 13-05-2012 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 991488)
A man outstanding in his field,, how can I not win I'm the only entrant. Dont say I came second again. ( by the way it was saturdays walk up the coppice)

You are a farmer? Wouldn't have thought it.;)

davemac 13-05-2012 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 991549)
You are a farmer? Wouldn't have thought it.;)

I'm not..................... I'm a nudist...............but a bit shy , so I keep my clothes on

Eric 13-05-2012 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 991551)
I'm not..................... I'm a nudist...............but a bit shy , so I keep my clothes on

Oh ... didn't you say you were a man out standing in his field;)

davemac 13-05-2012 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 991555)
Oh ... didn't you say you were a man out standing in his field;)

Well you cant be a nudist on broadway!

Less 13-05-2012 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 991556)

Oh yes you can!

HAIR the Musical on Broadway - "Aquarius" - YouTube

Less 13-05-2012 22:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 991556)

Oh yes you can!

Couldn't put the 'proper' version on, or this thread would be moved to 18 section.

Retlaw 13-05-2012 23:06

She really wound you lot up, made one post, and got 45 reponses, how many more before the thread dies

davemac 13-05-2012 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 991558)
Oh yes you can!

Couldn't put the 'proper' version on, or this thread would be moved to 18 section.

I knew the very second I pressed submit I should have been more specific. I will write out one hundred times "be very careful what you post"

davemac 13-05-2012 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retlaw (Post 991561)
She really wound you lot up, made one post, and got 45 reponses.

I think if you go back and read the posts you will find it didnt take long for the thread to morph into something different. I think its called therapy, but she never came back on, she must be sulking. I suppose you can only take so much "fun"

Less 13-05-2012 23:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 991562)
I knew the very second I pressed submit I should have been more specific. I will write out one hundred times "be very careful what you post"

No, type it out once then copy & paste it 99 times is the modern way.

jaysay 14-05-2012 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 991565)
No, type it out once then copy & paste it 99 times is the modern way.

They should have had computers when I was a school Less would have saved a hell of a lot of writing:D

sm_counsell 14-05-2012 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 991505)
Slightly off topic did you collect your prize?

As I don't think I'll be able to come over this year, I thought about donating my prize to charity or perhaps offering it to one of the 'dissatisfied' members on here! What do you think?

jaysay 14-05-2012 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by sm_counsell (Post 991581)
As I don't think I'll be able to come over this year, I thought about donating my prize to charity or perhaps offering it to one of the 'dissatisfied' members on here! What do you think?

I'd send it to Janet myself Sue :D

DaveinGermany 14-05-2012 09:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 991575)
They should have had computers when I was a school Less would have saved a hell of a lot of writing:D

Ooh goody, x100 the same daft mistakes :D

jaysay 14-05-2012 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 991585)
Ooh goody, x100 the same daft mistakes :D

Its surprising how many people who have a dig at me make lots of stupid mistakes themselves Dave;)

Less 14-05-2012 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 991586)
Its surprising how many people who have a dig at me make lots of stupid mistakes themselves Dave;)

Of course we do, just not on such a regular basis, nor do we have your naturally amusing talent with the written word.

You are to the written word what Sir Stanley Unwin was to the spoken word.
http://www.bigbadugly.com/StanleyUnw...s/image022.jpg

Less 14-05-2012 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 991498)

Uncle Less has made a few threads, just for the sites kiddywinks, you may enjoy searching for them.
;)

Or then again maybe you'll be just as disappointed as the children were.

davemac 14-05-2012 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by sm_counsell (Post 991581)

I dont think you read the post, there are certain terms and conditions, oops!
(post 213 are registered members frightening)

Plus, I dont think we have any dissatisfied members:silly:

mobertol 14-05-2012 11:24

Originally Posted by davemac http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/s...s/viewpost.gif
Have I won!

Quote:

Seems that, if nothing else, we have two great minds on Accyweb:eek::rolleyes::D

DaveinGermany 14-05-2012 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 991586)

Oh I agree Jay, but you do it with such aplomb & panache & all unintentional. :D You'd start to worry if there wasn't some pish taking though wouldn't you ? ;)

jaysay 14-05-2012 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 991626)
Oh I agree Jay, but you do it with such aplomb & panache & all unintentional. :D You'd start to worry if there wasn't some pish taking though wouldn't you ? ;)

Worry Dave, I'd be flaming devastated mate:D

janet 25-05-2012 22:12

Thanks for all of your relies to my post, now, I know WHY, I don't visit this website any longer.I was one of the first members, but, this counts for nothing.

annesingleton 25-05-2012 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by janet (Post 994006)
Thanks for all of your relies to my post, now, I know WHY, I don't visit this website any longer.I was one of the first members, but, this counts for nothing.

It sounds like you don't want to be part of the Accyweb, so why do you keep posting? Alternatively you could say what you do want?

Restless 26-05-2012 05:11

Quote:

I was one of the first members, but, this counts for nothing.

Yeah of course it counts for nothing. It is devalued almost every time you post.

Restless 26-05-2012 05:24

What makes people think, that because they were one of the first that use a forum-- They either 1) can dictate the content to their liking 2) their opinion matters supreme over everyone else. This is a public forum. How some people don't get this I don't know(some may find my posts hypocritical and for that I say read my disclaimer). I think you have a disillusion about public forums. To me the site isn't any different than it was when I first started using it in 2004.

Make your own forum and rule that to your own liking, see how many members you have in the best part of ten years!

Oh and looking at your last posts... It looks like to me you had lots of 'fun' in the "buy, sell and swap" section. Ever tried ebay?
Quote:

I was one of the first members, but, this counts for nothing.

Margaret Pilkington 26-05-2012 06:29

This forum does not stand or fall on the input of one member.
Janet, I wish you the best of luck when looking for a better forum.
When you do find it come and tell us about it.
Personally, I am sorry that you feel so jaundiced about Accyweb.

jaysay 26-05-2012 09:24

Alas it seems Facebook awaits you Janet, when I last looked AW had over 23000 members and on average there are upwards of 200 members visit each day, take a look at other local web sites Rossendale is on its last legs Blackburn 247 is just about ticking over, but only just, Burnley went off line ages ago, but AW keeps soldiering on. I've been a member 7 years and I haven't found any web site as interesting as this one, If you don't like AW anymore press delete on your favorites button problem solved

davemac 26-05-2012 09:35

Quote:

I'm sorry after reading this thread that you are not entertained, its just a group of people having a bit of fun.

I am not sure what you expected from this post, or the site altogether. What do you mean "counts for nothing" what were you expecting a fondue set, or a canteen of cutlery ?

If you look at all the threads, and the topics, and the characters posting (some are really silly on here, cant say who though) and still say its crap, then perhaps there is more going on than you are saying. Why not start a thread that fits your criterion, then we know what you expect from the site, because you haven't said yet?

davemac 26-05-2012 16:08

Its very sad, but her reaction is out of proportion, we will never know why, as she is not logging in again, perhaps it was more than a fondue set she wanted.

susie123 26-05-2012 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 994134)
Its very sad, but her reaction is out of proportion, we will never know why, as she is not logging in again, perhaps it was more than a fondue set she wanted.

Fondue sets are so 1970s...

70s Fondue set

davemac 26-05-2012 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 994135)

70s Fondue set

I know, I like to keep up with trends, thats why I wear spats.

Restless 26-05-2012 20:22

perhaps she wants the blankety blank chequebook and pen

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 994137)
I know, I like to keep up with trends, thats why I wear spats.

davemac 26-05-2012 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 994185)

We will never know as she has rode off into the sunset, and never called me mother.

maxthecollie 27-05-2012 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 994185)

Or Cuddly Toy

mobertol 27-05-2012 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 994135)

70s Fondue set

My boys use one to heat up Nutella and dip Marshmallows and pieces of fruit in -gives it a whole new lease of life! Very popular with the youngsters over here...:D

mobertol 27-05-2012 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 994343)
My boys use one to heat up Nutella and dip Marshmallows and pieces of fruit in -gives it a whole new lease of life! Very popular with the youngsters over here...:D

OMG! Did I really use the word "youngsters"...:eek::o:eek:

davemac 27-05-2012 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 994344)
OMG! Did I really use the word "youngsters"...:eek::o:eek:

You did, its not very groovy is it

mobertol 28-05-2012 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 994425)
You did, its not very groovy is it

Do people still say "groovy" these days, Dave -has me thinking 1970's!

jaysay 28-05-2012 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 994462)
Do people still say "groovy" these days, Dave -has me thinking 1970's!

Obviously Dave does mobertol:D:D

davemac 28-05-2012 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 994471)
Obviously Dave does mobertol:D:D

Far out man, be there or be square,

jaysay 28-05-2012 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 994498)
Far out man, be there or be square,

I'll opt for square Dave:D

MargaretR 28-05-2012 11:18

1 Attachment(s)
.....just as I imagined:D

garinda 28-05-2012 11:43

Quote:

You were one of the first people I remember when I joined, in the word game threads.

Some people have left, some newer members have joined, in the years since that time.

Quite honestly, in my opinion, it's pretty much the same as it always was.

Daft silliness, passionate debates about things people care about, as well as all the sport, local history, and other stuff.

It is what you want it to be.

I still love Accy Web.

I'm sorry you don't.

Though I hope you, and your's, are well, and happy, and I wish you all the best. x