Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   Some real beauties (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/some-real-beauties-67031.html)

Accyexplorer 06-02-2015 09:44

Some real beauties

This one is for those who like classic cars,some real beauties amongst this collection....what a good find.
They'd make a great project for someone.I can see myself driving one of them about.....a M.O.T might be difficult though,I bet some even end up in museums, they are that rare.

"A collection of rare classic cars that was were left forgotten on a farm for almost 50 years will go on sale today."

Classic Cars Forgotten On Farm Up For Sale

Some great pics can be found here in the lots.

Sale N° 2651 - Rétromobile 2015 by Artcurial Motorcars | Artcurial | Briest - Poulain - F. Tajan

And the promotional video for them can be found here:-

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lxA5kqDwmzQ

cashman 09-02-2015 08:01

Re: Some real beauties

Yeh can make some fair poke wi them, Me mate had 9 or 10 of em, used to do weddings n proms etc wi em, He stopped approx 2/3 yrs ago n sold most of em off, Hes a member on here but rarely comes on,:)

Accyexplorer 09-02-2015 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1132666)
Yeh can make some fair poke wi them, Me mate had 9 or 10 of em, used to do weddings n proms etc wi em, He stopped approx 2/3 yrs ago n sold most of em off, Hes a member on here but rarely comes on,:)

Yes,there are plenty of folk that like driving classics without encountering the costs associated with ownership and if you happen to be in the business of hiring them....it can be very lucrative indeed....

....The auction house made a couple of million just from selling this collection.

Treasure trove of classic cars sells for £20 million - Telegraph

Accyexplorer 08-07-2015 03:05

Another one for the car enthusiasts:-

First time VERY lucky! Vintage vehicle collector who has never sold a car in his life is set to make £20MILLION from the sale of his incredible fleet of pre-war automobiles including 13 Rolls-Royces | Daily Mail Online

Accyexplorer 08-07-2015 03:06

Just think, them beauty's used to be the norm on our roads.

cashman 08-07-2015 06:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1144248)
Just think, them beauty's used to be the norm on our roads.

Doubt very much if they would be the norm round here.:D

Eric 08-07-2015 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1144252)

More likely Basil Brierley's oss and cart.;)

cashman 08-07-2015 13:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1144269)
More likely Basil Brierley's oss and cart.;)

50P a day oss n cart from bottom end of Clayton, think it was Trelfalls if i remember?:D

Gordon Booth 08-07-2015 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1144252)

Don't forget the mill owners, Mr Bullough, Mr Howard, the owners of Broad Oak etc.
They'd be sweeping down the drives from Oak Hill Park, Haworth and the other mansions in some fine motors, perhaps waving to the workers doffing their hats(if they noticed them)!

Gordon Booth 08-07-2015 15:50

They're even renovating Haworth's Motor House so who knows what 'real beauties' you'll soon be seeing?

Accyexplorer 08-07-2015 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1144280)
They're even renovating Haworth's Motor House so who knows what 'real beauties' you'll soon be seeing?

Yes,it's suppose to be being converted into a art studio...that is if it's the building at the side of the art gallery (the old stables/garage)...

...it's empty...there are pics on this site somewhere that I took of the inside ;)

Gordon Booth 08-07-2015 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1144291)
Yes,it's suppose to be being converted into a art studio

'Daaarling, Jeeves says there's a naked woman in the Motor House and a man with a paint brush! Do you know anything about it?'

'Fear not, my sweet, she's not mine, we never use the Motor House, might mark the Rolls'.

Restless 09-07-2015 21:54

Not into cars at all...

Anyway. There was quite a lot of the same classic car in a yard a few years back, you could see them all whilst you was walking past in on the canal in clayton

Accyexplorer 10-07-2015 03:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1144379)
Not into cars at all...

Anyway. There was quite a lot of the same classic car in a yard a few years back, you could see them all whilst you was walking past in on the canal in clayton

Not even on Grand theft auto? :p

Was that guy who had the yard at Clayton a Rover collector?
I'm sure he had a old Rover105 there last time I walked past...

...hardly the same pedigree as these 'beauties'.

Restless 10-07-2015 06:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1144393)
Not even on Grand theft auto? :p

None of the cars on GTA have real names and being that I am not into cars I cannot name what they are liking to. I don't play GTA5 all that much. I find the multiplayer to be lacking content, longevity and is a tad on the boring side. Most of the time when we play, I let someone else do the driving. I don't think a lack of interest in cars is the reason that I am completely useless at driving them in games :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1144393)

Was that guy who had the yard at Clayton a Rover collector?
I'm sure he had a old Rover105 there last time I walked past...

...hardly the same pedigree as these 'beauties'.

Just remember that most of them was black and very banged up :D