Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   What's your favourite food and drink? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/whats-your-favourite-food-and-drink-8367.html)

wayneyboy1942 07-03-2005 19:40

What's your favourite food and drink?

What do you like to eat? Posh nosh? Junk food? Veggie? Indian? Martian?.
I'll start us off...
Well I'm a simple soul who likes good old fashioned plain English stodge!
I've tried your fancy dan posh grub, and can say without fear of contrediction that the posher the food or drink the worse it tastes!
So my all time number one meal is good old potato pie! Followed by Jam sponge and custard for pudding(not dessert or sweet!) Eccles cakes are dying out but they are good as well.Swilled down with a few pints of lager, Becks if your paying.
So that's me done. Now then it's your go. :)

garinda 07-03-2005 19:47

Re: What's your favourite food and drink?

Meat, 2 veg.

rockrabbit 07-03-2005 20:05

combo for starters

mixed grill for main as im true englishman

profittereoles for my sweet side

then as much beer as will fit in me

fibi 07-03-2005 20:51

salmon, prawns and strawberries and steak and kidney pudding for a bit of stodge, fave drink would be milky coffee and vodka

Doug 07-03-2005 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockrabbit
combo for starters
mixed grill for main as im true englishman

profittereoles for my sweet side

then as much beer as will fit in me

Would an true english gentleman eat "porfittereoles". People who eat Horses eat porfittereoles.

rockrabbit 07-03-2005 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug
Would an true english gentleman eat "porfittereoles". People who eat Horses eat porfittereoles.

lol thats my french romantic side then and id be drinking john smiths so that makes up for it

Tinkerbelle 07-03-2005 21:01

Breaded garlic mushrooms for starter

Roast beef and Yorkshire pudding - the beef has to be melt in your mouth with a fantastic gravy and the full works with the veg!

Vanilla Ice - cream for afters

couple of lovely glasses of wine.

Thanks for that i'm really starving now :( !!

rockrabbit 07-03-2005 21:03

Thanks for that i'm really starving now :( !![/QUOTE]

ive got some sausage left from tea if you want em lol

Doug 07-03-2005 21:06

Salmon steamed in a parcel of fresh spring veg, prawns tossed in a sauce of extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, crushed Black pepper served on a bed of sweet leaf and tomato salad and strawberry and Sherry Trifle with fresh custard and cream with flaked chocolate, followed by real coffee dark roasted coffee with froffy milk.

grannyclaret 07-03-2005 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug

i have just done this one on burnleyweb ,and guess what i put ,,,yes profitterrolls ,it must be catching on ...franco,s at cleveleys ,yummy

also lamb cooked anyway you want,=roast ...chops ...rack of ...crown of ...with lots of mint sauce,and allthe trimmings including a yorkshire pud ...

or GOOD OLD EGG AND CHIPS:D

Doug 07-03-2005 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by grannyclaret
i have just done this one on burnleyweb ,and guess what i put ,,,yes profitterrolls ,it must be catching on ...franco,s at cleveleys ,yummy

Ok this is where I shoot myself in the foot. Grannycleret, I use to love Francos many moons ago when I was young and fibrous. I haven’t been in there for some years now. I worked at the Vic (Pub) at the time Sadie handed it to Ian Smith so you’ll have an idea how long ago that is since I was in last. Maybe it’s time for a visit. Maybe we can do Accyweb does Cleveleys one weekend..

grannyclaret 07-03-2005 22:20

dont go in franco,s all that often ,but we have never had a bad meal yet and the proffiterrolls are lovely ,they always give you a balloon and a pudding with a sparkler in ,plus an instant photo ,if its your birthday or anniversary etc ,it seems very popular for works do,s etc

only been in the vic a couple of times but i think waneyboy goes in sometimes ...

Doug 07-03-2005 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by grannyclaret
dont go in franco,s all that often ,but we have never had a bad meal yet and the proffiterrolls are lovely ,they always give you a balloon and a pudding with a sparkler in ,plus an instant photo ,if its your birthday or anniversary etc ,it seems very popular for works do,s etc

only been in the vic a couple of times but i think waneyboy goes in sometimes ...

Hi Grannycleret, I'm going back over 20 years. 26 actually. I think that it will have had a change of ownership over the years.

garinda 07-03-2005 23:30

A pastry parcel, enclosing filet beef, served with a tower of fried potatoes.
Accompanied by a medoly of pureed garden vegetables. All drizzled with a rich beef jus.

Available Church St. chippy, £3.20- eat in.

g78 07-03-2005 23:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda
A pastry parcel, enclosing filet beef, served with a tower of fried potatoes.
Accompanied by a medoly of pureed garden vegetables. All drizzled with a rich beef jus.

Available Church St. chippy, £3.20- eat in.

You on commission??