Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   Injuries you inflict on yourself (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/injuries-you-inflict-on-yourself-9824.html)

nette 13-04-2005 18:54

Injuries you inflict on yourself

While at work today, my boss had caused an unfortunate injury to himself.

He was at the time making some toast for his breakfast, and had a knife in his hand buttering the toast, well he got the proverbial itch to his right cheek on his face so he started to scratch his cheek forgetting he had the knife in is hand, and what did he do, he cut his blinking cheek and what a mess he made too.

So anyway I was wondering if anyone on accy web has caused any such affliction on oneself

So type away, hope it isn’t too serious though.

Len 13-04-2005 19:00

Re: Injuries you inflict on yourself

I once trapped my winky in my flies, but I won’t go into details.
Is this what you mean?
:o

WillowTheWhisp 13-04-2005 19:08

He should have been using a proper butter knife.

I once almost cut my finger off when stripping a wire. Couldn't stop the thing bleeding and ended up having to wrap it tightly in a pot towel and head for Accy Vic.

mez 13-04-2005 19:13

well iv'e got to havn't i , went to accy vic not too long ago, cut my thumb opening a corned beef tin, wouldn't care this was the second time id done it, last time bout 12yrs ago i had to have 2 fingers & MY thumb STICHED . M YOU'D THINK I'D LEARN

slinky 13-04-2005 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by mez
well iv'e got to havn't i , went to accy vic not too long ago, cut my thumb opening a corned beef tin, wouldn't care this was the second time id done it, last time bout 12yrs ago i had to have 2 fingers & MY thumb STICHED . M YOU'D THINK I'D LEARN

Good god there should be a HAZARD sign on these tins becayse, I too have cut fingers open with these bl''dy tins, and IT REALLY HURTS.:mad:

Less 14-04-2005 01:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Len
I once trapped my winky in my flies, but I won’t go into details.
Is this what you mean?
:o

It would have been more embarrassing if you had trapped it in some-one elses flies!

grannyclaret 14-04-2005 11:21

they say that there are more accidents in the home ,than any other sort ,and corn beef tins are the main culprit ,,,

janet 14-04-2005 14:27

A few years ago i i was scratching my leg really hard and snapped the tendons in my left ring finger, lucky for me a piece of bone came away with it so it attached it self back after having my finger in a splint for 3 months.

Len 14-04-2005 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by janet
A few years ago i i was scratching my leg really hard and snapped the tendons in my left ring finger, lucky for me a piece of bone came away with it so it attached it self back after having my finger in a splint for 3 months.

Creepers........ that must have been some damn bad itch to have done that. :eek:
Remind me never to let you scratch my back. :)

vorlon24 14-04-2005 16:22

My wife tries to keep flavouring various meals with her blood - she keeps cutting herself when chopping things.

You'd think she would have learned by now as well!

She gets attacked by the cooker on a regular basis as well

Neil 14-04-2005 16:36

Are we talking about the new ring pull type corned beef tins. I can't open those at all. I usually end up with a pair of pliars after i snap the ring off, or just open it with the tin opener - much easier.

Romps 14-04-2005 17:06

Or ask your wife!

Neil 14-04-2005 17:31

I would but she is a nasty piece of work :D

Romps 14-04-2005 17:39

mmm i wouldn't cross her either.:rolleyes:

Neil 14-04-2005 19:02

oooops looks like I am in trouble again.

I drilled a hole in my own finger - it hurts don't try it