Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Jobs (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f72/)
-   -   Anyone self employed? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f72/anyone-self-employed-45840.html)

K-P 25-02-2009 17:43

Anyone self employed?

Only since summer but...I am knackered.. Its like 100 hrs a week and I suddenly realised after 6 mths that I havent had a day off being that my main work is weekends anyway... havent done half of what I planned and so much to keep me going it dont look like I am gonna to have time to scratch my ****

Do self employed go on holiday? jeeze.

lancsdave 25-02-2009 17:51

Re: Anyone self employed?

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-P (Post 685225)
Only since summer but...I am knackered.. Its like 100 hrs a week and I suddenly realised after 6 mths that I havent had a day off being that my main work is weekends anyway... havent done half of what I planned and so much to keep me going it dont look like I am gonna to have time to scratch my ****

Do self employed go on holiday? jeeze.

I struggle to fit everything in to the normal 8 days a week, what's a holiday ? :D

Gayle 25-02-2009 19:08

LOL, yes holidays have to be scheduled in about a year ahead.

On the plus side, when you need to go to the doctors or go shopping or any other thing like that it's easier to fit it in than having to dash out at lunchtime.

Not that you're allowed to be sick if you're self employed - any time spent being ill is time when you're not earning anything. :D

Roy 25-02-2009 19:34

Haven't had a holiday for 5 years! Unfortunately my boss is very evil and wont let me have any time off at all! I love being my own boss! Honest...... :(

Neil 25-02-2009 19:38

No not me, it is far too stressfull ;)

I enjoy doing my bit at work then going home and all but forgetting I have a job until I go back in again. :D

lancsdave 25-02-2009 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 685275)
On the plus side, when you need to go to the doctors or go shopping or any other thing like that it's easier to fit it in than having to dash out at lunchtime.

Not if you have a market stall, bit difficult putting a sign on the door saying back in 10 minutes :D

shillelagh 25-02-2009 19:51

My dad used to manage a holiday at easter thursday to monday ... 2 weeks in July and a week in september .... and christmas and new year off oh and plus if it rained!!!

cashman 26-02-2009 00:05

did two n half years 15/16 hour days x 6 days a week, was hard graft but loved it, cos it was mine.:)

entwisi 26-02-2009 10:38

I'm with Neil,
Walk out, drive home, work forgotten, drive in work back in head.(apart of course for when I'm on call like this week where I have to be able to switch it all on in an instant 24/7 but hey it pays well! :D )

K-P 26-02-2009 10:51

I used to be on call 24/7 every third week. It took about a year after I left the job to stop being depressed when I heard the phone ring..

Holidays for self employed.. is that when we stop and count our money? :)

MargaretR 26-02-2009 10:54

You get tax perks -ie expenses which are deducted from takings before tax is applied.
I understand that this can be applied to household bills when you work from home

K-P 26-02-2009 11:00

Being a rented house I cant list it as a place of work. I have listed the car and everything to do with the car comes out the business... I have the car insured as business use now as well.. nearly forgot that bit :)

MargaretR 26-02-2009 11:15

So if you bought shop and lived over it - the mortgage and all household bills would be expenses and your income tax bill would go down a heck of a lot

entwisi 26-02-2009 11:43

It doesn't bother me that much TBH, Usually its only 20 mins or so work. It gets to Julie though, she hates it until payday comes round :D

K-P 26-02-2009 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi (Post 685492)
It doesn't bother me that much TBH, Usually its only 20 mins or so work. It gets to Julie though, she hates it until payday comes round :D

yeagh mega money on call.. but mine was 2 and 3 am stuff and fylde coast to cumbria area to cover :(

oh well.. have an answer phone now :)