Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   More Changes Taking Place (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/more-changes-taking-place-3104.html)

Owd Bert 19-01-2004 10:05

More Changes Taking Place

1 Attachment(s)
This was taken before the one I named "Castle Pub" as some of the houses are still up in Castle Street but Mary Ann Street has gone.

Tealeaf 19-01-2004 10:22

Is that your car Bert? It's a lovely colour!

Mik Dickinson 19-01-2004 19:27

Sure that used to be the old elite club

lettie 20-01-2004 15:32

Looking under the bridge arch 2nd from left is the carpark which was turned into Aldi. There was a building at the bottom of the carpark, some kind of big works place. Me and my friend used to play in there in the evenings as kids. Swinging on big metal chains. There was a loose panel on one of the doors and we regularly took it off and crawled in, especially when it was raining. Got caught a few times by the police and told off. Looking back it was a dangerous place to play, but at the time any port in a storm.

keith 20-01-2004 19:48

The building partly demolished was surely ward knowles the printers till the shop fitters waterhouses moved in,they then relocated to oswaldtwistle under a different name''shop fitters''ltd keith

K.S.H 21-01-2004 06:31

The building your on about lettie was Bradley Transports garage, I used to work there, was it you who pinched my tools??:mad:

Tealeaf 21-01-2004 08:39

The Black Bull pub was down on the left, till they pulled it down for the Arndale. Oldest pub in Accy. Terrible. Sacrilage.

lettie 21-01-2004 15:29

:angel: Honest K S H I never nicked a thing, just used to play on all the heavy metal chain thingies (made swings of em) The place was soooo easy to get into, and although me and my mate were no angels, we never vandalised or took anything, just dossed on the "swings" How we weren't killed I'll never know.

Tealeaf 21-01-2004 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by lettie
:angel: Honest K S H I never nicked a thing, just used to play on all the heavy metal chain thingies (made swings of em) The place was soooo easy to get into, and although me and my mate were no angels, we never vandalised or took anything, just dossed on the "swings" How we weren't killed I'll never know.

You were a little vandal & you've finally got round to admitting it.

lettie 21-01-2004 19:31

:icon_argu Vandal!! Moi? No way... Remember having my first ever cider and black in Ye old Black Bull just before they pulled it down. Was about 14 at the time. Should've known I'd be on a slippery slope.

keith 21-01-2004 19:53

I was a paperboy for Harry Pollard at the papershop next door to the Black Bull next shop to that was Ken Cleggs tv shop among the other shops on that side was a furniture shop