Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Closure of sub post offices in Hyndburn (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/closure-of-sub-post-offices-in-hyndburn-4370.html)

Atarah 28-05-2004 16:04

Closure of sub post offices in Hyndburn

Oh dear. The headlines in The Telegraph say there are plans to close Nuttall Street and Whalley Road sub post offices, the one on Union Road, Ossy and the one at Stanhill.

Acrylic-bob 28-05-2004 16:44

Re: Closure of sub post offices in Hyndburn

I fail to see how these closures are supposed to 'improve' postal services, but I suppose the writing was on the wall when the government announced plans to pay benefits directly into bank accounts. I suppose it will get even more chaotic when the post office looses it's monopoly on mail deliveries.

janet 28-05-2004 16:45

Yep! the one on whalley road is the one i use, so i will have to change to Dill Hall Lane. I'm lucky because it is no further from where i live.

mez 28-05-2004 17:00

quite true there janet, but wot about the people who havnt got bank accounts or the new postal bank accounts , some of the older end find the changes soo confusing its those i feel sorry for.

Acrylic-bob 28-05-2004 17:20

Another sad thing is that the sub post offices are run as private businesses. There are people there who will see their businesses go down the swanny. A loose/loose situation if ever there was one.

Tealeaf 29-05-2004 11:33

Don't panic to much about the loss of our sub-post offices. Just think of all the wonderful new Doner Kebab/Pizza/Curry take aways that are going to take their place.

Acrylic-bob 29-05-2004 16:10

Pooh! I didnt think of that. Thanks Tealeaf, you are such a comfort. And will there be shops where nothing costs more than a pound too? Oh frabjous day, Calloo-Callay. Let us all go joyfully into this brave new world of ethnic retailing. I feel like rushing out right now to buy a sari and some horrendously overcoloured and undercooked comestibles.

janet 29-05-2004 17:25

I'm begining to think you two fella's are related.lol

ShortStuff 29-05-2004 18:25

Can't believe their closing down the Whalley Road branch - I use it all the time and it is always busy. The one at Union Road is also really handy if I need anything at dinner time cos it's close to work. Sorry why did the government sell off the post office - it wasn't to improve services was it?????????????