Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Today in pictures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/today-in-pictures-61576.html)

gpick24 01-06-2018 21:06

Re: Today in pictures

10 Attachment(s)
A hazy evening up Pendle Hill.

hilleluk 02-06-2018 06:48

Love the 2nd picture

DaveinGermany 02-06-2018 08:13

Nice to see the Pooches' are still galloping about. :)

gpick24 02-06-2018 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1213895)
Nice to see the Pooches' are still galloping about. :)

Very busy at work means our outings are few and far between, it was nice to get out with them.

DaveinGermany 03-06-2018 16:45

10 Attachment(s)
Long time no piccys, so time to change that. Visitors Furry & feathered to our garden today, then this aft, we went Strawberry picking (well Marion did) I wandered off to take some Hoss photies. :)

One of the local furry ratbags x3 - Greenfinch female - House Sparrow female - Great tit - Great spotted Woodpecker - House Sparrows, male & female - Some Hosses x2.

Ryewolf90 03-06-2018 22:37

3 Attachment(s)
Today I've been photographing these cute little guys at Formby Point. Whenever I've been I've always seen at least one Red Squirrel and come away with several decent shots. The highlight of today though was one Red Squirrel came right up to me and took a nut (Ok they aren't nuts but legumes) right from my fingers, luckily he moved away so I could actually get a photo..

There are many nuts that look the same but this one is mine....

The last image the squirrel came and took the nut from my fingers, I've never had that happen with grey or red.... The Reds are extra cute....

Gremlin 04-06-2018 08:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryewolf90 (Post 1213937)
Today I've been photographing these cute little guys at Formby Point. Whenever I've been I've always seen at least one Red Squirrel and come away with several decent shots. The highlight of today though was one Red Squirrel came right up to me and took a nut (Ok they aren't nuts but legumes) right from my fingers, luckily he moved away so I could actually get a photo..

There are many nuts that look the same but this one is mine....

The last image the squirrel came and took the nut from my fingers, I've never had that happen with grey or red.... The Reds are extra cute....

I made a special trip to Formby point to photograph the red squirrels and I’d no sooner got set up when 6 large coaches turned up.
Each coach discharged at least 50 screaming children, probably 8 and 9 years old, all wearing high vis vests and screaming and running around so that was the end of my photographic session.
Anyway I went the short trip to Crosby beach to see Antony Gormleys statues in the sea and got some great shots of them with the tide lapping around their legs.

Ryewolf90 04-06-2018 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1213943)
all wearing high vis vests and screaming and running around

I can image that being quite annoying. I've only ever been late afternoon 5pm onwards on either a Sat or Sun, I usually go after visiting Martin Mere and RSPB Marshside at Southport.

Ryewolf90 05-06-2018 21:32

1 Attachment(s)
Spotted this extremely rare Double Headed Gull Catcher today .... (I've only ever heard about them on Cryptozoology websites ...)

Ryewolf90 05-06-2018 21:35

4 Attachment(s)
Shhh. Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting wabbits

Gremlin 11-06-2018 11:25

2 Attachment(s)
Be careful if you are travelling down the North Wales coast.
It seems pirates are back.

DaveinGermany 11-06-2018 19:11

Saw her (Duke of Lancaster) last year by Mostyn as we were travelling home from Porthmadog after visiting friends. We like to do the coastal road when time permits. :)

Gremlin 11-06-2018 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1214128)
Saw her (Duke of Lancaster) last year by Mostyn as we were travelling home from Porthmadog after visiting friends. We like to do the coastal road when time permits. :)

Its changed slightly since last year Dave. They have slapped a bit more paint on her and put those large signs up.. There is a big portacabin just through the heavily locked and guarded gates. Security men at each end.

I was told the ship houses a few art studios.

Less 14-06-2018 11:41

A bit too windy for this guttering in town!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...57d1722771.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...145f505f11.jpg

Ryewolf90 15-06-2018 22:46

1 Attachment(s)
One from this evening, the view from Jeffrey Hill...