Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Today in pictures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/today-in-pictures-61576.html)

yonmon 08-03-2023 19:53

Re: Today in pictures

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 1271381)
the crocus are out ... and the daffs are well on their way though one is open in the bed of crocuses ..:D

And my Marigolds have bloomed early this year !..:rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 09-03-2023 12:22

Love it Yonmon….what kind of fertiliser are you using to get these to bloom this early?
Just asking for a friend.

Restless 10-03-2023 15:18

10 Attachment(s)
Stayed last night at hebden bridge.... didnt think i would get home :D

Margaret Pilkington 11-03-2023 07:46

Lovely pictures Rob.

shillelagh 31-03-2023 00:52

1 Attachment(s)
ooo up on the balcony in the market hall they have a brick machine .. its been there quite a few years now .. well was up there today ... and they have a new one .... and guess who didnt have a camera with me ... but had mi little tablet with camera ... :p its built by the same person who built the brick one ... will go back wi camera and get proper one :p

Ryewolf90 12-06-2023 21:17

1 Attachment(s)
Female Blackbird catches a fish.

On the weir of the River Calder at Whalley, this isn't the first time I've seen or photographed this happening, so my guess is that they are copying the Black-headed Gulls that also catch fish on the weir.

Ryewolf90 14-06-2023 20:43

1 Attachment(s)
Wren King of All Birds

Exile on Spencer St 11-07-2023 14:26

1 Attachment(s)
Just unearthed in our garden in Lytham….

Margaret Pilkington 05-08-2023 10:21

10 Attachment(s)
Yesterday I went on a coach trip day out to Liverpool.
Here are a few of my pics...yes it was a lovely day
1) city sight seeing bus.
2) The Open Eye.
3) The Philharmonic Dining rooms - Famed for the gents toilets. Connemara Marble...and PINK. (The ladies loos are BOG standard)
4) Pirate Pet on the docks
5) Love locks...thousands of locks placed on the chains along the docks...emulating a bridge in Paris. Sweet eh?
6) One of the Lamb Banana's on the waterfront. This one could do with a paint job.
7) Albion House...used to belong to a shipping company. Known locally as the Streaky bacon building
8) Something uncommon...a thinking man...well no...a statue of a thinking man.
9) Street Art....it has references on it to the Beatles.
10) The wall of Fame in Matthew Street

dotti34 05-08-2023 10:29

The photos are brilliant, Margaret. It looks like you had a great day out, and you certainly saw, and captured on your camera, some extremely interesting sights.

Margaret Pilkington 05-08-2023 10:31

thank you Dorothy...there are more, maybe tomorrow....so stay tuned.

Margaret Pilkington 06-08-2023 09:26

10 Attachment(s)
So here are another ten pics of our Day out to Liverpool

Margaret Pilkington 06-08-2023 10:09

I just wasn't quick enough with my edit to put captions on my last post...so here goes.

1) The view from the top of the Explorer bus.
2) A Horse, A Horse my kingdom for a horse...except you wouldn't get far on this beast.
3) The Support Ukraine Lamb Banana.
4) This large mural ( 21 meters high) is on the back of the tempest building on Tithebarn St....done by the Manchester female duo Nomad's Clan.

5)The Rubber Soul Bar in Mathew St with the pictures of the Beatles above it.
6) The Pope's Rocket Launcher aka Paddy's Wigwam. Looks good against the blue sky.
7) Queens Avenue a little hidden arcade between Castle Street and Dale St...easily missed.

8) Another Lamb Banana this time in Liverpool red.
9) St Johns Tower. We had no time to go up the Tower on this visit...next time.
10) the Fab Four. No visit to Liverpool would be complete without going to see this statue.

I did not know that the statue of the Beatles held some secrets.....did you?

John is holding acorns...he sent acorns to world leaders urging them to plant living statues and encouraging world peace.

Paul is carrying a Kodak camera. Kodak was an Eastman company and Paul Married Linda Eastman.

Ringo has L8 on the underside of the heel of his shoe...he was brought up in the L8 area of Liverpool.

George has his Sanskrit mantra on the belt of his coat.

Margaret Pilkington 06-08-2023 11:45

A correction to the information about the Mural on post 14259.
The colourful mural has nothing at all to do with the Beatles.
It is called The Sound of Freedom it was created in augmented reality and it is a collaboration between Neil Keating a the Ukrainian artist Ptashka Somali.

Ryewolf90 12-08-2023 22:12

1 Attachment(s)
I had some bad news today regarding Cali, my little cat, she'd been off her food for a few days but I managed to get an appointment with the vet, anyway they took some blood and gave her a tablet to boost her appetite.

The vet said it would take about an hour or so to get the results back and that they would phone me at home. So they rang at around 2:30pm and gave me the bad news, Cali has a very advanced stage of kidney failure and that there was nothing else that they could do for her.

On Monday I have to take her back to the vets so that they can put her to sleep.

The photo was taken in March 2016