Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hints/Tips/Advice (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f74/)
-   -   new white leather suite+ink!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f74/new-white-leather-suite-ink-35126.html)

emamum 29-11-2007 23:51

new white leather suite+ink!!

how do i get newspaper ink off my new white leather suite without damaging the leather??

Help me please:(

Speedy 30-11-2007 01:42

Re: new white leather suite+ink!!

Try baby wipes, usually work for me for cleaning anything. Plus if they are sensitive enough for babies skin i doubt they will damage leather(but dont quote me on that i may be wrong).

derekcrowley 30-11-2007 05:38

Crash price tv they sell a leather cleaning product it's fantastic, also they do buy one get one free and delivered in five days. Good luck. DEREK.

entwisi 30-11-2007 06:34

Second on the baby wipes, they are brill for cleaning leather

Neil 30-11-2007 07:22

Newspaper ink is mineral oil based so you might want to try something for removing oil. You might find that WD40 works well. Try it on the back of the suite somewhere you cant see it if it stains at all. Spray some onto a cloth and try wiping the test area, if it does not mark it then try the same way on the ink. Then clean the WD40 off with the baby wipes :D. In fact WD40 is great at cleaning many things. Yes I know it is greasy and needs cleaning off afterwards but it really is good for oily or sticky gluey type stains.
Don't forget to let us know your results so we all know for when we do it.

nikkival 30-11-2007 08:01

Baby wipes or make-up removing wipes - I spilt paint on my leather sofa and the wipes were the only thing that brought it off without stripping the colour or staining.

emamum 30-11-2007 21:12

i tried everything, than i gave up and called my friend who came round and got it straight off with very very diluted bleach, leather is not damaged and the stain is gone... i would like to point out that i ahve only had it 2 weeks and thats why i was panicing so much!! thanx to everyone for their help

BERNADETTE 30-11-2007 21:13

Glad you got it sorted.

Sara 30-11-2007 21:48

Waiting for a cream leather suite to be delivered. Obviously know now not to let newspapers stay on the suite after been read. Glad you have it sorted out, shall also be buying some baby wipes.

jackyalex 30-11-2007 21:51

i bought some magic sponges from the pound shop, you get 4 in a pack, all you do is run them under the tap and they wipe almost all pen ink pencil feltip pens away off most surfaces and are great for cleaning you white goods, they come up so clean, just to say for next time if it happens again

BERNADETTE 30-11-2007 21:51

They sell all this leather cleaning stuff and baby wipes do a better job.

Less 30-11-2007 22:57

A bit of Vodka on a cloth, if the stain is still there afterwards who cares? You'll be too busy sucking the cloth!

You don't mind black teeth do you?

MargaretR 30-11-2007 23:01

Since you are a mother of young uns I think you are brave to buy a white suite -- a sure way to get white HAIR :D

emamum 30-11-2007 23:03

i didnt buy it my boyfreind did, suppose its ok 4 him, he dont have to clean it!!!

BERNADETTE 30-11-2007 23:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 499271)
Since you are a mother of young uns I think you are brave to buy a white suite -- a sure way to get white HAIR :D

Exactly what I said in Chat last night;)