Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hints/Tips/Advice (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f74/)
-   -   Does anyone fancy.... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f74/does-anyone-fancy-37113.html)

flashy 19-02-2008 16:48

Does anyone fancy....

......cutting my hair for me? its doing my head in, i'm just about to straighten it and have a go at it myself...anyone fancy a do?

garinda 19-02-2008 16:57

Re: Does anyone fancy....

When I was an art student I met a really beautiful model in a club, who had waist length hair, and I stupidly lied that I could cut hair.

She tracked me down, and turned up at the college, and I had to cut her hair with big cloth cutting shears.

Suprisingly she quite liked her aysmmetric, choppy, bob.

If it wasn't for the Parkinson's I'd happily bob you too.:D

flashy 19-02-2008 17:00

lol welcome back uncle G....even with parkinsons i'd still let you cut it, it's driving me up the wall, straightened it now and ive just found the scissors ;) think i'll do a short straight bob with layers :D

garinda 19-02-2008 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 533140)
lol welcome back uncle G....even with parkinsons i'd still let you cut it, it's driving me up the wall, straightened it now and ive just found the scissors ;) think i'll do a short straight bob with layers :D

Practice somewhere else first.

I mean on a dolly, rather than your lady garden.

emamum 19-02-2008 17:05

lmao @ lady garden!

flashy 19-02-2008 17:06

well ive done it, ive cut 5 inch off it and its still not short enough

garinda 19-02-2008 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 533147)

Shorter, shorter!

http://www.caption-this.com/bad%20hair.jpg

slinky 19-02-2008 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 533147)

Holy hell .... shaz, step away from the scissors you crazy cow :eek:

mrskitty 19-02-2008 17:13

And we want a picture......

slinky 19-02-2008 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 533150)

That kid looks like a dandelion clock....ha

flashy 19-02-2008 17:14

its short now :D just below mi ears lol (the lobe not the top)

slinky 19-02-2008 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 533155)
its short now :D just below mi ears lol (the lobe not the top)

SHAZ :eek: you spend ages growing it, then hack it all off likes its nothing

flashy 19-02-2008 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by slinky (Post 533158)
SHAZ :eek: you spend ages growing it, then hack it all off likes its nothing

it was all horrible and dull Mel, it looks a lot better now, anything has to be an improvement on how it was

Neil 19-02-2008 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 533138)
If it wasn't for the Parkinson's I'd happily bob you too.:D

Please Gary stop it, I have just eaten.

Cutting you hair does kind of sound like fun though.

derekgas 19-02-2008 18:43

I'll cut it for ya, I have clippers or a lawn mower, which lionel blair cut would you like?

cashman 19-02-2008 18:50

shaz ya should have rung the council (Parks and Gardens):D

panther 19-02-2008 18:53

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:...um.com/_imagesis she now ya double?:rolleyes::p:D

flashy 19-02-2008 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 533265)
shaz ya should have rung the council (Parks and Gardens):D

mi brothers a gardener and Dawn of the shed just said to me...'go ask your johnny to strim it for ya' lol

lindsay ormerod 19-02-2008 22:04

Just had mine done courtesy of my lovely mobile hairdresser, Heather, a great job as usual and less than a tenner ! It's a short do for me at the moment, based albeit loosely on the blonde bird from Girls Aloud, looks good though! I can pm her number if anyone wants it ( Heather not Sarah Harding ! ):)

AccyLass 19-02-2008 22:10

If Heather has done a good job of basing it loosely on the blonde bird from Girls Aloud
It's worth a tenner then huh:D

lindsay ormerod 19-02-2008 22:14

Looks fine to me, I may even bleach it white tomorrow !:dancedog:

junetta 19-02-2008 22:21

Scary stuff. I had been annoyed with mine for ages and then got drunk one night. After attacking it with the kitchen scissors I put a colour on it and went to bed.

I opened my eyes the morning after and thought 'oh my god' what on earth did I do?

It looks really nice and everyone keeps asking who did it. My secret!

davo69 19-02-2008 22:21

when you going to start on your head ?

flashy 20-02-2008 08:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod (Post 533402)
Just had mine done courtesy of my lovely mobile hairdresser, Heather, a great job as usual and less than a tenner ! It's a short do for me at the moment, based albeit loosely on the blonde bird from Girls Aloud, looks good though! I can pm her number if anyone wants it ( Heather not Sarah Harding ! ):)

its ok for now, gonna dye it later but i'm going to have it shorter at the back and longer bits at the front, gonna have to keep straightening it till then though, i have mad curly hair and with it being short now its even shorter curly (i know what i mean in mi head)

panther 20-02-2008 10:16

speaking of hair dye, does anyone know which is the best dye to buy to colour it red, i mean RED, my daughter wants it that colour but her hair is brunette, Is there a dye from the shops that will get it from dark brown to RED?!!

Lolly 20-02-2008 10:23

I'm going short at the weekend, i mean its quite short now, but im gping really short, my friend keeps trying to blag me to go for the full pixie cut but im not that brave. I won't be doing it myself, i'll be stupidly going to the hairdressers and spending £50/£60!!:eek:

Mick 20-02-2008 10:25

1 Attachment(s)
Flashytarts new look get yours now:eek:

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/a...ad_haircut.jpg

Lolly 20-02-2008 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 533507)
speaking of hair dye, does anyone know which is the best dye to buy to colour it red, i mean RED, my daughter wants it that colour but her hair is brunette, Is there a dye from the shops that will get it from dark brown to RED?!!

Tbh if she wanted it such an extreme colour i'd definately go hairdressers to have it done, otherwise yes they do do one, but i cant remember the name! lol. They sell it everywhere though. Or go to Sally's on broadway and ask them.

flashy 20-02-2008 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 533515)
Flashytarts new look get yours now:eek:

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/a...ad_haircut.jpg

no mick i have lots of hair left :rolleyes:

panther 20-02-2008 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolly (Post 533516)
Tbh if she wanted it such an extreme colour i'd definately go hairdressers to have it done, otherwise yes they do do one, but i cant remember the name! lol. They sell it everywhere though. Or go to Sally's on broadway and ask them.

ill have a look in town today and will have to take my daughter with me, then she can pick it herself and not blame me then if its the wrong colour:rolleyes:

Dawn-of-the-Shed 20-02-2008 13:31

Panther....if you find one and it works can you let me know where you got it from......i have the darkest of dark brown hair you could get and been trying for ages to get an extreme dye....the only ones i have managed to get only make my hair look a different colour when you see it through sunlight ( if ya know what i mean!)

panther 20-02-2008 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn-of-the-Shed (Post 533567)
Panther....if you find one and it works can you let me know where you got it from......i have the darkest of dark brown hair you could get and been trying for ages to get an extreme dye....the only ones i have managed to get only make my hair look a different colour when you see it through sunlight ( if ya know what i mean!)

sorry dawn didnt find one she liked and wasnt the colour she wanted......now she's changed her mind and is now dying it....BLACK:o

teenagers eh?....always changing their mind:rolleyes:

i just hope she suits it:(

steeljack 20-02-2008 18:20

check with Blazey , she seems to know all the best places and can give you advice about which ones have age and weight limits

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ser-36966.html

:whack: :spank: :hitting8:

pipinfort 20-02-2008 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack (Post 533739)
check with Blazey , she seems to know all the best places and can give you advice about which ones have age and weight limits

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ser-36966.html

:whack: :spank: :hitting8:

LOL:D:D:D:D:D

Lolly 22-02-2008 11:24

Well i'm going to get mine cut shortly and am petrified, as i'm going really short!! I just wish 2pm would come before I change my mind! lol.

Doug 22-02-2008 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 533132)
......cutting my hair for me? its doing my head in, i'm just about to straighten it and have a go at it myself...anyone fancy a do?

Is this your Head Hair or your other hair? Scary thought either way but if you have some garden shears I'll give it a go............princess. :)

flashy 22-02-2008 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug (Post 534808)
Is this your Head Hair or your other hair? Scary thought either way but if you have some garden shears I'll give it a go............princess. :)

done it already daddy and seen as i have none anywhere else ,yes, it would be my head :)

over 18s here we come

derekgas 22-02-2008 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 534852)
done it already daddy and seen as i have none anywhere else ,yes, it would be my head :)

over 18s here we come

Do you mean you have no nasal hair? and none on your toes? Damn! shattered all my illusions now. :hidewall:

flashy 22-02-2008 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekgas (Post 534937)
Do you mean you have no nasal hair? and none on your toes? Damn! shattered all my illusions now. :hidewall:

exactly what i meant :D

Lilly 22-02-2008 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 533475)
its ok for now, gonna dye it later but i'm going to have it shorter at the back and longer bits at the front, gonna have to keep straightening it till then though, i have mad curly hair and with it being short now its even shorter curly (i know what i mean in mi head)

LOL. Your hair sounds just like mine. Mine's curly and can get frizzy and the shorter I have it, the curlier/frizzier it is. I keep mine longer these days but I have to straighten it if I want to look half decent. Isn't it a pain?

flashy 22-02-2008 20:23

its more than a bloody pain, i blame the parents Lilly, it must come from our great grandad ;) or great grandma...we'll never know about her though will we :(

howarth 23-02-2008 00:01

hey speaking of hair lol that there person has had her hair cut shorter than mine now lol ( nida & dawn ) u know who i mean lol

Am I free of her at last.............................................

Dawn-of-the-Shed 23-02-2008 00:42

LOL she prob got the pic out of you..haha...''I will look like Em, I will look like Em!'' lost concentration for a sec and slipped with the scissors!

howarth 23-02-2008 00:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn-of-the-Shed (Post 535227)
LOL she prob got the pic out of you..haha...''I will look like Em, I will look like Em!'' lost concentration for a sec and slipped with the scissors!

Nice one lol the big diff is now tho, it shows all her roots and re growth lol

Dawn-of-the-Shed 23-02-2008 00:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by howarth (Post 535231)
Nice one lol the big diff is now tho, it shows all her roots and re growth lol

I think it's called karma Em :D

flashy 23-02-2008 10:51

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA will you two PURLEEEEEEASE behave ;)

flashy 28-02-2008 15:14

well ive gone and done it again, but this time professionally, i've had it cut :D its rather choppy and short, and straight but i like it, i'll stick a pic on here when i take one

flashy 28-02-2008 16:21

1 Attachment(s)
scarey hey ;)

emamum 28-02-2008 16:26

looks good

flashy 28-02-2008 17:11

it'll do...for now :)

gonna have a few bright red streaks put in it next week

panther 28-02-2008 17:59

though you said ya had curly hair??

flashy 28-02-2008 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 538075)
though you said ya had curly hair??

yes i HAD CURLY HAIR

flashy 28-02-2008 18:04

2 Attachment(s)
Before And After

panther 28-02-2008 18:06

take it , it wasnt naturally curly then?:D

slinky 28-02-2008 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 538082)

Yes she does have curly hair natural actually lol.............

looking good shaz, I like that.

flashy 28-02-2008 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 538082)

yes panther it STILL IS naturally curly

panther 28-02-2008 18:21

I have naturally curly hair and cant get mine that straight!! and yours looks straight to me

Neil 28-02-2008 18:24

It looks good Shaz.

I told you the poodle place would be good with curly hair.

Neil goes off and hides under the desk

slinky 28-02-2008 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 538103)
I have naturally curly hair and cant get mine that straight!! and yours looks straight to me

Do you have very very good straighteners?? I know a few people with very curly hair, and they can get it lovely and straight.

panther 28-02-2008 18:29

tried it once and it did get it straight but it really knackered my hair up! (went really dry and weak)
so now i let it go natural.... besides everyone has 'straight' hair, ......curly is best;)....:D

lindsay ormerod 28-02-2008 19:12

Just sat here with another colour on mine; I hate that nasty fizzing sensation on your scalp though; it's very offputting !:eek:
Hopefully this will tone down the blonde from last time but I am not 100% convinced, it looks purple at the moment.:o
Good job I am off tomorrow in case it all goes horribly wrong ! ( for which read orange.)

flashy 28-02-2008 19:45

i hate my hair when its curly, it just sits there and does nothing, i fancied a change, it'll be back to curly tomorrow when i wash it, but when i leave the house i'll straighten it, low maintenance is the best :D