Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hints/Tips/Advice (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f74/)
-   -   new bt call plan for those on benefits.. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f74/new-bt-call-plan-for-those-on-benefits-43418.html)

emamum 22-10-2008 10:17

new bt call plan for those on benefits..

http://www.btplc.com/inclusion/phone...vices/btbasic/

Quote:

The new service is called BT Basic. We created it to help customers who receive Income Support, Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance or Guaranteed Pension Credit to budget their money.

The BT Basic line rental is only £13.50 every three months (including VAT), and you can pay your bill however you like.
Your line rental includes a call allowance of £4.50 every three months (this includes VAT). This means that if your phone calls to normal UK or international destinations never go over that amount, your bill will never be more than £13.50 every three months (including VAT).

jaysay 22-10-2008 16:20

Re: new bt call plan for those on benefits..

Quote:

Originally Posted by emamum (Post 643554)

Sounds good to me ema, but I've just signed up to total Broadband, drat

panther 22-10-2008 18:08

And what about those, who are not on benefit?
Just cuz they work dont mean they are rich!, they could be getting just as much as those on benefit (after they have paid morgage or rent and tax etc...), but are not entitled because they have just a few pound more!!

:( :(

Neil 22-10-2008 18:59

Is this another prejudiced scheme against the people that keep this country running?

flashy 22-10-2008 19:12

just another excuse for people to stay on benefits then, pathetic

K-P 22-10-2008 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 643737)
just another excuse for people to stay on benefits then, pathetic

I think disabled and pensioners surviving on benefits should get things cheap.

flashy 22-10-2008 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-P (Post 643749)
I think disabled and pensioners surviving on benefits should get things cheap.

yes cos they deserve it

Lilly 22-10-2008 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 643734)
Is this another prejudiced scheme against the people that keep this country running?

Yes.

Neil 22-10-2008 21:47

Did I ask a leading question again?

Bonnyboy 22-10-2008 22:33

Sod all for carers as per.

flashy 23-10-2008 07:00

i'm just coming off benefits, if i was still on them i wouldnt lower myself to ask for this new 'package' it would make me feel lower than low, there's scrounging off the state and then there's lowering yourself to scrounge for more

emzy 23-10-2008 07:20

Hmmm, was wondering about this, but then again, dont want to be labelled as scum for going for it :rolleyes: I currently pay standard line rental for BT and as with everyone else, every little helps but do think that if they are starting to do a reduced rate then this should cover more benefits / low incomes and not just JSA or IS

lancsdave 23-10-2008 08:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by emzy (Post 643847)
Hmmm, was wondering about this, but then again, dont want to be labelled as scum for going for it :rolleyes:

I think getting about £1.50 a week off your phone line rental doesn't qualifiy anybody as scum.

onlyme 23-10-2008 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 643845)
i'm just coming off benefits, if i was still on them i wouldnt lower myself to ask for this new 'package' it would make me feel lower than low, there's scrounging off the state and then there's lowering yourself to scrounge for more

With the greatest of respect, having claimed for a number of years, you more than most should appreciate the need to save every penny you can. I have worked for the last 16 years and only in the last 6 months had to claim benefits. I dont see myself as scum or subservient to any person working.

Yet again, I am disgusted with the way people claiming benefits are branded as scum of the earth that should not be entitled to any sort of help whatsoever. Maybes I should submit my P60's for your acceptance to justify the extra help???

K-P 23-10-2008 08:52

OK I must have missed summat again... when did anyone label anyone as scum ?

flashy 23-10-2008 08:53

for a start i havent called ANYONE scum, and yes i have been on benefits for 12 years, i was merely saying that i wouldnt ever go somewhere and claim poverty or expect to be treated any different than anyone else

onlyme 23-10-2008 09:04

If someone is offering a saving of x amount per month, people that need it are going to take it. There are different call plans with saving on free weekend and evening calls eligible to everyone. Does that mean that people that take up that offering shouldnt do???

I seriously dont think anyone is trying to claim poverty, merely by signing up to this, more that they are trying to reduce their monthly outgoings, as pretty much everyone in the country is trying to do at the moment.

Living on benefits and bringing up kids is bloody hard work, and i think people doing this deserve more credit (and help) than they actually get.

flashy 23-10-2008 09:05

i see it like this, if you cant afford to get a house phone then you dont get one

onlyme 23-10-2008 09:07

i see it like this, if someone is offering you a saving, than take it, no matter what people think of you

jaysay 23-10-2008 09:42

I think the point is that not everybody on benefits are scroungers, there are those who have no choise, but there are also those who play the system. I can see flashy's point of view, there are those who hate the fact that they, for what ever reason, have to claim benefits, but there are others who have to, simply because they can't work. When I was following my chosen profession in the late seventies early eighties I was earning twice the amount then, that I recieve in benefits now. If you ask the Question would I rather be working or be on benefits, the answer is TFR would I rather be working, in fact if I hadn't been struck down with illness I'd probably be retired and living in Spain next door to Roy by now:D

Neil 23-10-2008 09:45

I see it like this - everyone should be able to choose whichever package they want to be on regardless of their income as long as they can pay the bill.

People would soon be moaning if BT said they would only allow people in employment to have broadband as it is a non essential commodity that people on benefits should not be able to afford.

lancsdave 23-10-2008 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 643895)
People would soon be moaning if BT said they would only allow people in employment to have broadband as it is a non essential commodity that people on benefits should not be able to afford.

It may be non-essential in terms of living requirements ie food, heat, clothing but the internet ( broadband or whatever ) is nearly an essential to look for a job these days.

Anyway if people really object then try this :)

BT.com | Contact BT

jaysay 23-10-2008 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 643912)
It may be non-essential in terms of living requirements ie food, heat, clothing but the internet ( broadband or whatever ) is nearly an essential to look for a job these days.

BT.com | Contact BT

There is also the case that many people who are unable to go out much can get valuable interaction on sites like this, I honestly would be lost without Accy Web now, as its become part of my daily list of things to do, like in as much as "go on accy wed and annoy Neil and Rindi for an hour":D sorted

flashy 23-10-2008 12:38

yes but on the other hand J, some people actually get addicted to the internet and stop going out altogether

lancsdave 23-10-2008 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 643944)
There is also the case that many people who are unable to go out much can get valuable interaction on sites like this, I honestly would be lost without Accy Web now, as its become part of my daily list of things to do, like in as much as "go on accy wed and annoy Neil and Rindi for an hour":D sorted

Even with your blue & white tinted glasses on I agree with you, and those reasons are the most valid ones going :D

T'internet has replaced the telly in a lot of homes now, and the best thing is you get millions of channels :)

Neil 23-10-2008 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 643944)
its become part of my daily list of things to do, like in as much as "go on accy wed and annoy Neil and Rindi for an hour":D sorted

You don't annoy me John, I know you are a pussy cat really.

Neil 23-10-2008 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 643912)

BT.com | Contact BT

Not much point mate - I am not a BT customer

entwisi 23-10-2008 13:18

If BT can offer a package at this price for one demographic then why not all. If it was offered for 'whites only' or 'blacks only' there would be all sorts of racism claims, why should it be different because its a social grouping rather than race one?

With regard to internet access for job apps, the library provides free access so ther is no 'requirement' for it at home. A phone is a luxury commodity and not essential no matter how hard you try and justify it. even in this current technology obsessed world. As such, if you can't afford it, you don't get it.

Are there peopel who are genuinely on benefits - yes there is. My dad was on invalidity for nearly 10 years after a brain hemorrhage, he had no smell, often fell asleep at a minutes notice even mid converstaion! Could he work?, nope, would he have if he could? as per Jayay, absolutely!!! He hated being at home all day.

what bugs me are people like one I know who hasn't worked for 17 years with "a bad knee" who regularly walks 2 miles to town to the pubs down there, I've personally seen him carrying huge bags of shopping home from asda with no probs, who has his house, bills etc all paid for.

Why the Heck can't he get a sit down job? even with no 'trade or skill' there are jobs such as on the tills in supermarkets ( no offence to anyone who does this) but it doesn't need any particularly large amount of training to do. I work with a lad who is a victim of thalidomide who types with his toes, drives with his feet and has no desire to be treated 'differently' than I would any other able bodied person. I myself have a broken back. does it stop me working? NO.

Its about time the difference between can't work and won't work be checked a lot more closely. I have no issues with the former getting all teh support they need to live a generally comfortable life.

Neil 23-10-2008 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi (Post 643960)
I work with a lad who is a victim of thalidomide who types with his toes, drives with his feet and has no desire to be treated 'differently' than I would any other able bodied person. I myself have a broken back. does it stop me working? NO.

There is/was an IT bloke where I used to work that needed the magnification so big on his screen that he could only read a couple of words at as time as he whizzed around the screen working. He had one of those backlit magnifiers, like a microfilm viewer (yes I am that old) so he could read paperwork and books.

I was amazed how he could do his job when he was almost blind but he did.

lancsdave 23-10-2008 13:47

Quote:

If BT can offer a package at this price for one demographic then why not all. If it was offered for 'whites only' or 'blacks only' there would be all sorts of racism claims, why should it be different because its a social grouping rather than race one?
I'm sure most people will agree with that, but if some company has put the package in place then it would be foolish of people who can use it to use it wouldn't it ?

Quote:

With regard to internet access for job apps, the library provides free access so ther is no 'requirement' for it at home. A phone is a luxury commodity and not essential no matter how hard you try and justify it. even in this current technology obsessed world. As such, if you can't afford it, you don't get it.
Does this mean if you lose your job you should cancel your phone line :confused:
I'm sure there must be loads of circumstances where job hunting at home is better than trekking to a library. Some people may not even have a library that close to them. I have no idea what sort of facilities libraries have or even how many towns don't even have a library. Do all libraries have internet facilites ?

Quote:

Its about time the difference between can't work and won't work be checked a lot more closely. I have no issues with the former getting all teh support they need to live a generally comfortable life

I'm sure those who fall in to the can't work bracket would also love that, saves them getting thrown in to the same bracket as the second lot. :)

entwisi 23-10-2008 13:50

Yep, we had one here for a lad ( dave buick RIP) and we have a bloke who is totally blind who uses screen reading software and a braille keyboard. He does just as good a job as anyone else and is the 'guru' on some systems.

K.S.H 23-10-2008 13:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 643851)
I think getting about £1.50 a week off your phone line rental doesn't qualifiy anybody as scum.

£1.50 :confused:
Is BT line rental not around £11 a month?
This ones £13.50 for 3 month and you get £4.50 worth of calls so that makes it £3 a month for the line rental.
Can't say I agree with it but if your on benefits and they're offering it to you then go and take it, others will so why should anyone who's entitled to it miss out

Oops, see you said per week not per month:)

K-P 23-10-2008 13:55

entwisi.. there are ambulant disabled who can run to the shop and back with no problem.. you may want to stop and think for a moment that you dont actually know everything.. you certainly dont know each individuals circumstances based on wether they can get to the shops or not. i find your comments insulting to the extreme :(

I was on invalidity and no one would give me a job unless I got a signed letter from my doctor saying I was fit to work..my employer kept my job open for me.. they took someonme else on a rolling contract in case i could go back.. I went on a course at the globe and as soon as they found out my condition they asked me to leave saying they wernt insured for me...and lo and behold it was the disability officer at the jobby who sent me there.. hey and i can lump a heavy camera bag about with the best of em :)

I have managed to get off benefits now by being self employed.. its the only way around it for me. its a hell of a lot harder than working for a company as well.

sweeping statements ...thats what annoys me :)

jaysay 23-10-2008 13:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 643954)
You don't annoy me John, I know you are a pussy cat really.

Does that me you can find me a place in pets corner:gooddog:

entwisi 23-10-2008 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 643968)
Does this mean if you lose your job you should cancel your phone line :confused:

If you can't afford it then yes, just like selling the flash car, cancelling the 3 weeks in Florida, etc. Its not essential to life. By making teh call early on you give yourself the best opportunity to keep teh really essential things going like food, shelter, heating etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 643968)
I'm sure there must be loads of circumstances where job hunting at home is better than trekking to a library. Some people may not even have a library that close to them. I have no idea what sort of facilities libraries have or even how many towns don't even have a library. Do all libraries have internet facilites ?

I believe so,

if you live miles from a library then you are likely to live miles from employers, to quote " get on your bike" you need to consider if you are in the right location to get back in employement. I've been lucky in my work to now and have a very good well paid( if stressfull) job. If it all disappeared tomorrow I have always said that I can drive, I can wait tables, I can work a bar and I'm a qualified chef. If I'm out of work its because I'm a lazy git and no other reason. It may not be a 'career' job or even one I enjoy butI'd do it till something better came along.

jaysay 23-10-2008 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 643950)
yes but on the other hand J, some people actually get addicted to the internet and stop going out altogether

And there again there are those who don't have much choice flashy

Studio25 23-10-2008 14:25

I don'tknow why anyone bothers with a home 'phone any more. It's no longer prohibitively expensive for someone to ring your mobile from a landline, and most plans, including pay as you go deals, have some degree of free/cheap outbound calls. I pay a tenner a month and all my calls and texts are free (but only because I'm always below the threshold - no friends, you see). When we moved the business number from home to the studio, we didn't bother replacing the home landline.

Neil 23-10-2008 14:29

This is turning into a good thread :D

Neil 23-10-2008 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Studio25 (Post 643979)
I don'tknow why anyone bothers with a home 'phone any more. It's no longer prohibitively expensive for someone to ring your mobile from a landline,

Is it more expensive than nothing?

I pay for inclusive calls on my landline so I can sit on the phone for hours talking to people if I so wish. I also would not expect others to have to phone me on my mobile and pay the expensive call charges. Sometimes I can be on the phone for 1/2 an hour just talking to residents of Ossy about the park - I am sure that would not happen if i had no land line ( erm - might be a good idea ;) )

onlyme 23-10-2008 15:07

I think having a phone line in the house is slightly different to 3 weeks in Florida, or a flash car. I have a young asthmatic child in my house, having the security of a landline in case of emergencies is more than essential to me. Yes I have a mobile, but signal strength can not always be relied upon.

I think LancsDave post more than hit the nail on the head. Its about time that people actually realised that its the minority of people claiming benefits that 'milk' the system. I personally cannot wait to go back to work, then again, I have the choice.

Stanleymad 23-10-2008 15:09

Gee, i go to work & come back home to a debate :eek:

Entwisi, really having the privilaged lifestyle u have has blinded your opinion!! I think u would find that u need a phone in order to get a job, how else would they be able to contact u should they need u :confused: also people having a phone does mean security too like our pensioners needing an ambulance or cops etc, so seriously your point is very weak indeed for this day & age - a phone is essential to us all not to a few.

Lilly 23-10-2008 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 643895)
I see it like this - everyone should be able to choose whichever package they want to be on regardless of their income as long as they can pay the bill.

You're right again, Neil.

You've been making a habit of it lately. :D

There's no doubt having a home phone and internet makes life easier but they are not essentials.

Stanleymad 23-10-2008 15:17

Have to say im disgusted at the bad attitude to people on benefits genuinely needing help & support, it makes me sick, having been there know how much having a label is soul destroying - i hated it, many are on benefits without much choice because of circumstances & it is hard times, many would love the opportunity to change that & be more self sufficient but is not always the case! My goat would be to those who do milk the system & getting away with it while many genuine people get nowt much - then a point would be made & i'd agree.

To refer back to entwisi, never take your lifestyle for granted - one day u may have to enter the misery of the benefit system & suddenly become belittled & demenoured, then u many understand that the stereotype is not what it seemed to u as it does now.

Lilly 23-10-2008 15:36

I for one have no beef with genuine claimants of benefits and do not look down on them at all, I don't get the impression that anyone on here does.

There is a lot of help out there for people on benefits......free dental treatment, free prescriptions, free school meals to name but a few....and now, it seems, money off the phone bill.

This is great for the genuine claimants as it all makes life a bit easier for them.

I have said this before....I get annoyed by people who have no illness/disability but pretend they have. They know all the loopholes and claim everything they can get their hands on. The ones I know have more disposable cash than me but never get off their bums and do a day's work for it.....oh no, they're not stupid they tell me. :mad:

I wouldn't tar everyone on benefits with the same brush. I know there are two very different types of claimant and I have no problem with one, it's the other. It's very frustrating to be at work knowing you are paying for people who are as strong as an ox to sit at home and there seems to be a lot of it about.

lancsdave 23-10-2008 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-P (Post 643973)
sweeping statements ...thats what annoys me :)

I'm afraid I have to admit until 2002 I too would have been guilty of sweeping statements. :o I thought nothing of working a 60/70 hour week and frowning on those in society who didn't hold the same views. Then it all changed and I became a single parent ( contrary to belief the majoirty of single parents are not that way through choice, apart from of course choosing a selfish partner :().

I wasn't physically unable to go to work like some but the circumstances made it extremely difficult. I was lucky and found a job and more importantly a childminder that fit in with my circumstances, but they are few and far between.

I now apologise to anyone who's ears were burning at my thoughts of how people sponged off the state, you never know when life is going to kick you in the goolies even if you think you are in control :rolleyes:

I have no problem with sorting out the won't work brigade but there are many circumstances where people can't work.

Lilly 23-10-2008 15:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 644007)

I have no problem with sorting out the won't work brigade but there are many circumstances where people can't work.

Those are the genuine that people who have 2 brain cells to rub together have no problem with.

jaysay 23-10-2008 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly (Post 644009)
Those are the genuine that people who have 2 brain cells to rub together have no problem with.

have to agree Lilly, but the ones I have a problem with are like a guy that I heard of who put in for the Mobility Allowance, he said he wasn't well enough to go for the medical, so the doctor had to come to him, they brought the bed downstairs and when the doc arrived this guy was walking round holding onto the furniture for support, that same afteroon the same chap was seen bodily lifting an engine out of a car. And how do I know about this, he was bragging in the pub, and a few weeks later was driving round in a brand new car provided by motability and as far as I know still is, but by now he's pobably changed the car for a new one on few occasions now:mad:

Neil 23-10-2008 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanleymad (Post 643999)
Have to say im disgusted at the bad attitude to people on benefits genuinely needing help & support

So am I.

I just don't like the inequality of it that's all.

lancsdave 23-10-2008 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 644030)
have to agree Lilly, but the ones I have a problem with are like a guy that I heard of who put in for the Mobility Allowance, he said he wasn't well enough to go for the medical, so the doctor had to come to him, they brought the bed downstairs and when the doc arrived this guy was walking round holding onto the furniture for support, that same afteroon the same chap was seen bodily lifting an engine out of a car. And how do I know about this, he was bragging in the pub, and a few weeks later was driving round in a brand new car provided by motability and as far as I know still is, but by now he's pobably changed the car for a new one on few occasions now:mad:

Makes you wonder how they get through the system. My Dad struggled to get it and he has lost a leg :confused:

BERNADETTE 23-10-2008 17:19

Surely the people at fault here are BT, if they can afford to give an offer to one section of the community it should be available to every section.

cherokee 23-10-2008 20:35

I think BT should be offering this discount not only to GENUINE people on Benefits but also to low income families, They are obviously in a position to reduce their fees so why shouldnt it be offered to a wider group? including those who work

flashytart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Think your wrong there flashy, If something is available to save you money surely you would take it? You and Reece travel on the train quite a lot , If you were to be offered a reduction on your tickets because you were on benefits or a low income , or in recieipt of WTC wouldnt you accept? Just the same to me

Neil...........

Says it all really

flashy 23-10-2008 21:05

Mel, thats the thing though, i'm not the sort of person to go for that just because i'm on benefits, i buy a railcard every year that saves me money, i cant explain it really but i think i get more than enough from the benefit system to see me through, i'm never in debt with anything and never will be

i think it comes from how my mum brought us up...if you cant afford it then you either save up for it or dont get it at all....

yes i know we arent talking about being in debt, but just because you are on benefits doesnt mean that you have to grab things just because you are on benefits, i dont care what anyone says, the money that the state gives you is enough, if you find yourself struggling then you aren't budgeting right

this is just my opinion, i get my money, i pay my bills, buy shopping, buy clothes if needs be and then after everything has been paid what little is left i try to make it go as far as i can

cherokee 23-10-2008 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 644113)
Mel, thats the thing though, i'm not the sort of person to go for that just because i'm on benefits, i buy a railcard every year that saves me money, i cant explain it really but i think i get more than enough from the benefit system to see me through, i'm never in debt with anything and never will be

i think it comes from how my mum brought us up...if you cant afford it then you either save up for it or dont get it at all....

yes i know we arent talking about being in debt, but just because you are on benefits doesnt mean that you have to grab things just because you are on benefits, i dont care what anyone says, the money that the state gives you is enough, if you find yourself struggling then you aren't budgeting right

this is just my opinion, i get my money, i pay my bills, buy shopping, buy clothes if needs be and then after everything has been paid what little is left i try to make it go as far as i can

I can see where your coming from Shaz but I still dont agree with some of your points,
If you get enough from the system Shaz then you are one of the lucky ones, There are many out there that cant manage from what they get and it isnt all from not budgeting, I agree there are some scroungers out there and its those people that stop the genuine ones getting what they are rightfully entitled too.

If there is a bogof offer on at your local shop wouldnt you snap the offer up?
I would for sure.
Still think that things like the bt offer shouldnt just stay with IS based families, There are many working families out there that could also do with a helping hand.
I have known Teachers , airline pilots and many other highly paid people that would def grab hold of a bargain if they could, and thats only because Like me they believe that if they are entitled to an offer why shouldnt they take it. after all they do pay into the system.

Lilly 23-10-2008 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokee (Post 644130)
Still think that things like the bt offer shouldnt just stay with IS based families, There are many working families out there that could also do with a helping hand.
I have known Teachers , airline pilots and many other highly paid people that would def grab hold of a bargain if they could, and thats only because Like me they believe that if they are entitled to an offer why shouldnt they take it. after all they do pay into the system.

I don't think it should apply only to those on benefits nor should it just include working families. If there is an offer it should be open to all.

No wonder some folk are disillusioned.....you never hear of single homosexual male benefit, do you? Some people never get help with anything.

They pay into the system though. :)

onlyme 24-10-2008 09:00

Can i just point out the difference between income support and Job seekers allowance???

Income support is for people that find it hard to work, lone parent families, etc. Job Seekers Allowance is for people that are capable of working but are not employed. Big difference. Income based Jobseekers allowance is where you are paid benefits as you have paid enought tax throughout the previous year to be able to claim.

Therefore my understanding is this call package is not open to those that are 'milking the system', or long term claimants (bar the lone parents). Also, the debate going on isnt particularly over the call package, more peoples attitudes to those claiming benefits.

To those that have negative opinions to people that claim benefits, I honestly hope you that you never have to face a situation where you end up in the same boat, though in the current financial environment, nothings a surety. Only when you have 'walked in those shoes' do I think you have a clear idea of what it is like

onlyme 24-10-2008 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly (Post 644135)
I don't think it should apply only to those on benefits nor should it just include working families. If there is an offer it should be open to all.

No wonder some folk are disillusioned.....you never hear of single homosexual male benefit, do you? Some people never get help with anything.

They pay into the system though. :)

Have you had a drug test recently?

jaysay 24-10-2008 10:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 644040)
Makes you wonder how they get through the system. My Dad struggled to get it and he has lost a leg :confused:

Because they cheat the system dave, I can remember a chap used to hold court in the vault of a local pub and for a couple of pints he'd give people tips on how to cheat the system, he'd been doing it for years, an he had plenty of takers too:mad:

Neil 24-10-2008 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlyme (Post 644202)
Also, the debate going on isnt particularly over the call package, more peoples attitudes to those claiming benefits.

Not to me it isn't. My problem is will the prejudiced nature of this call package.

The benefit system is there to protect us all and I am very pleased that it is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlyme (Post 644203)

She needed an alcohol test on Sunday morning :D

Lilly 24-10-2008 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlyme (Post 644203)

I'm not Kerry Katona. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 644217)
She needed an alcohol test on Sunday morning :D

I wasn't alone. :D

Neil 24-10-2008 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly (Post 644374)
I wasn't alone. :D

I hope you don't mean me - I was driving and only drank coke all night. You witnesses my normal self :D