Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hints/Tips/Advice (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f74/)
-   -   Raffle Prizes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f74/raffle-prizes-53429.html)

'erindoors 30-05-2010 14:15

Raffle Prizes

Hi all Accy Webbers,

Some of you will know that I am the Publicity & Promotion officer for our local walking group Hyndburn Ramblers.

This year is the Ramblers 75th Anniversary and our local group are holding a few events to celebrate this. One of the events is a quiz night for our members. During this quiz night I am hoping to hold a raffle in order to raise funds to buy Printed T-Shirts (From our very own Gift-Print) to wear at the next Accrington Carnival. I have already got lovely donations from places like, Vue, Boots, Marks & Spencer, Camelot, and a few other local businesses and restaurants.

What I'm asking you lovely lot is, would you or your business be able to donate something too. Anything would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you,

Regards,

Gail xx

flashy 30-05-2010 14:28

Re: Raffle Prizes

Gail, when i was vice chairman on the schools ptfa i wrote to Accy Stanley and managed to bag a couple of tickets for our raffle everytime, you should give it a go, try bowling too, we always got them from there

'erindoors 30-05-2010 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 819142)
Gail, when i was vice chairman on the schools ptfa i wrote to Accy Stanley and managed to bag a couple of tickets for our raffle everytime, you should give it a go, try bowling too, we always got them from there

Thanks hunnie. I was going to mail Accy Stanley, the bowling tickets are a great idea though, cheers! xx

flashy 30-05-2010 14:55

they are really nice at Stanley, i don't think you'll have any problems, we got a teddy from Debenhams too, might be worth a try

'erindoors 30-05-2010 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 819146)
they are really nice at Stanley, i don't think you'll have any problems, we got a teddy from Debenhams too, might be worth a try

Cheers hun, have just e-mailed Debenhams too..... xx

flashy 30-05-2010 15:08

just remembered King George's hall too (but that was nearer Christmas, we got panto tickets), don't bother with the supermarkets, you'll get naff all outta them

'erindoors 30-05-2010 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 819150)
just remembered King George's hall too (but that was nearer Christmas, we got panto tickets), don't bother with the supermarkets, you'll get naff all outta them

Lol, thanks again. I actually managed to get a bottle of wine from ASDA! :D Will get in touch with K G Hall. xx

flashy 30-05-2010 15:23

kin ell you did well to get something outta them, we always got letters back saying 'sorry, we get too many letters every year asking for donations....blah blah blah'

'erindoors 30-05-2010 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 819153)
kin ell you did well to get something outta them, we always got letters back saying 'sorry, we get too many letters every year asking for donations....blah blah blah'

Haha, I told 'em that we got a lovely contribution from Tesco, lol x

flashy 30-05-2010 15:29

Hahahahahaha

shillelagh 30-05-2010 19:02

try your local county councillor .. now i know they used to get an allowance so much each year to help towards good causes .. i dont know if they still do ..

i got a autographed video from bernie ecclestone of the previous years F1 .. but make sure you reply telling him thank you for the donation and you've raised so much. I auctioned it off .. well i got two .. in separate yrs .. got £30 one year and £70 2 yr after.

make sure your (begging) letters are handwritten - you get a better response than being on a computer or typewritten. Good quality paper and envelopes.

Make sure after the fundraiser you send thank you cards with a letter inside .. thanking them for their donation and we raised this much .. it comes in handy for the following year.

try hollands - even if its pies they donate - you can put pie and peas on and charge em for it ...

local pubs, restaurants, garages, shops,

at the quiz night - do something else besides the quiz and a raffle .. play your cards right goes down a treat .. you can make a fortune on that. Get yourself a good quizmaster who's got gift of the gab ..

I did quizzes for the local school for 7 years and did all the organising .. but got someone else do read out the quiz and the play your cards right ..

good luck .. and if you post it on here you might get some more teams in your quiz ..

'erindoors 31-05-2010 10:37

Thanks hun.

The quiz night is basically organised already by our group Chairman, he's has done it all, the entertainment and the food. And we're even getting a brew made in our honor!

Thanks for the ideas, I'll get in touch with as many peeps as I can! xx

Greeny 31-05-2010 15:22

Approach your local MP, House of Commons whisky is usually offered.

Grange 02-06-2010 10:52

Try Wilkinsons...they usually give vouchers that you can change for prizes...Grange

lancsdave 02-06-2010 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'erindoors (Post 819141)
I am hoping to hold a raffle in order to raise funds to buy Printed T-Shirts (From our very own Gift-Print) to wear at the next Accrington Carnival.

I'm a great believer in local people supporting local business and vice-versa. I'm going to have a word with the owner of said business and try and talk him in to donating a gift voucher :)