Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hints/Tips/Advice (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f74/)
-   -   Back Spasms (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f74/back-spasms-53540.html)

Stanleymad 08-06-2010 11:59

Back Spasms

Driving me nuts, 2nd time in 7-8 months its become cronic, my lumber is spasming & its stressed tensed all my back and blumming sore. Last time i went docs he gave me sedatives - which made me sleep rather than do owt for my back, and ibroprofen as not a lot they can do for it. Yesterday happened again altho been coming on for a week [blames belgian rds for starting it lol]. Back probs for me are regular occurance and baths dont work.

Jen got me onto the volterol cream and wheatbag which does take a little edge but still ow and taken to resting on hard floors lol

Any other suggestions to help please:)

MargaretR 08-06-2010 12:06

Re: Back Spasms

North Star Nutritionals - Soothanol X2 - The Nutri Centre

Expensive but it works - because you need so little, it lasts a long time

Stanleymad 08-06-2010 12:32

Cheers Margaret, a bit pricey something cheaper like that tho:D

MargaretR 08-06-2010 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanleymad (Post 821084)
Cheers Margaret, a bit pricey something cheaper like that tho:D

The main ingredient in Soothanol X2 is DMSO
I have tried this too -
DMSO Gel - 4oz EXTRA THICK 91% DMSO NOW FROM UK STOCK on eBay (end time 17-Jun-10 18:06:23 BST)

...still relieves pain but not as fast

MargaretR 08-06-2010 13:00

ps - DMSO is mentioned on Holland and Barretts website - so they might be selling it
Holland and Barrett - Welcome to Holland And Barrett
http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pag...tentID=2839006

garinda 08-06-2010 16:07

Comfrey.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...one-44327.html

You can use a cream.

Comfrey Root Extract Ointment Relieves Back Pain Fast

Or boil up the leaves and make a poultice.

It works for me, and everyone in my family, so might be worth a try.

Hope it's better soon.

garinda 08-06-2010 16:15

Some more information, from a recent study, about how Comfrey can help with back pain.

Back pain? A turnip-like herb could bring you comfort | Mail Online

Stanleymad 08-06-2010 18:07

Cheers Rindy, sounds like a good plan if asda sell it LOL :D!! Still very sore atm.

entwisi 08-06-2010 18:11

You ever tried a physio to find out what teh real problem is? The lass at Baxenden is very good ( from personal experience as I have a smahed L1 and need physio reasonably often to sort out teh permanently damaged muscles ). She also does acupunture if that can help

Mancie 08-06-2010 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi (Post 821180)
You ever tried a physio to find out what teh real problem is? The lass at Baxenden is very good ( from personal experience as I have a smahed L1 and need physio reasonably often to sort out teh permanently damaged muscles ). She also does acupunture if that can help

A good physio can work wonders with back pain and you might feel great for a few weeks.. but they will tell you that it only temporary .. a damaged back is for life, resting is the only real cure but it may not be an option.

Stanleymad 08-06-2010 21:39

Asda didn't do it, slipped a disc when i was 18 before lifting health and safety stuff at work. Everytime my back goes its the same disc area that goes very sore, yep again its inflamed. Been docs but with back issues they dismiss u with pain killers and diazapan as last time, thing is i dont need help to sleep (i can sleep for england if left to it lol ) cant do with dropping off i still have to work. They haven't ever referred me to physio, just shown simple back exercises and posture, which would be great if i had movement, feel like solvite man lol its that tight atm which has spread all over back area.
Posted via Mobile Device

Stanleymad 08-06-2010 21:42

Probably would have to pay for it and cant afford much, so its grin and bear it till it relaxes off last time took 5 days solid before it started to wear off.
Posted via Mobile Device

entwisi 09-06-2010 07:34

get to the docs and ask for NHS physio and holistic help liek acupunture ( They do do it). Excercises and posture can help, and depending on your job getting the right tools can make a big difference. At work (I sit down most of the day at a desk) I have a special chair that fully supports my back, rocks forward with me when I move around etc. it makes a huge difference. Similarly using a trackball instead of a mouse, having correct wrist rests etc all make a difference.

@Mancie, yes permanently damaged can only be relieved short term, I've had this 7 years now and will for rest of my life but with care and assistance the discomfort can be made to be almost un intrusive.

IIRC she charges ~ 30 quid a session at Baxenden.

Stanleymad 09-06-2010 13:27

Aww thanks its good knowing people understand, im going to give the comfrey a go later, dave's kindly got me some :D so will let u know if it helps :)

Stanleymad 09-06-2010 22:01

Thank u so much rindy for a brill suggestion comfrey is becoming my new friend in a bottle 2 applications and its already started to ease a bit, few more dose's should help it loosen up proper.
Posted via Mobile Device