Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hints/Tips/Advice (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f74/)
-   -   Warning folks ... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f74/warning-folks-53609.html)

shillelagh 15-06-2010 10:58

Warning folks ...

2 Attachment(s)
If you coming up this way - rising bridge ... theyre stripping the tarmac off the road ready for redoing it on sunday when it'll be closed from oak avenue to the big roundabout .. it bad on traffic!!!

Id come over the tops from ossy or over the bypass .. miss rising bridge all together .... :D

and yes they did wake me up early on .. im accywebs grumpy little angel today ..:D:D:D

jaysay 15-06-2010 13:56

Re: Warning folks ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 822547)
If you coming up this way - rising bridge ... they're stripping the tarmac off the road ready for redoing it on Sunday when it'll be closed from oak avenue to the big roundabout .. it bad on traffic!!!

Id come over the tops from ossy or over the bypass .. miss rising bridge all together .... :D

and yes they did wake me up early on .. im accywebs grumpy little angel today ..:D:D:D

And everyday, in the nicest possible way that is:D

shillelagh 15-06-2010 17:49

4 Attachment(s)
it going to be rough on your cars if you coming through rising bridge ...:D

cashman 15-06-2010 21:35

Cheers fer that jen.;)

lancsdave 15-06-2010 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 822591)
it going to be rough on your cars if you coming through rising bridge ...:D

The road approaching the big roundabout has been horrendous for months. Last time I went up there the car nearly ended up in australia the potholes were that deep !

shillelagh 15-06-2010 22:14

well on sunday theyre shutting the main road and relaying the tarmac .. they said on the letter that i got shoved through my door a couple of weeks ago that it was being shut from oak avenue to the roundabout .. but they've took the road up to outside the post office .. so could be a bit further up that its shut from ..

shillelagh 15-06-2010 22:58

have noticed one thing though .. its slowed the cars and lorries going through .. well most of them .. so thats a good thing ..

LYNX1 16-06-2010 05:11

Make the most of it jen.........be back to normal soon enough lol

shillelagh 19-06-2010 23:36

just a reminder for everyone ... they are shutting the road from 7am sunday morning .. for redoing the road .. all the traffic is being rerouted over rising bridge road ...

jaysay 20-06-2010 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 823417)
just a reminder for everyone ... they are shutting the road from 7am sunday morning .. for redoing the road .. all the traffic is being rerouted over rising bridge road ...

Ah so they're sending them on the scenic route then Jen:D

shillelagh 20-06-2010 12:21

2 Attachment(s)
well some are following the diversion .. others are not .. and i aint got the foggiest whats going on ...

BLACKBURN RAVER 20-06-2010 13:55

nobody manning either end ??, crap traffic management work if not, thats my job and there should b a man at either end ensuring only residents gain access, just out of curiosity what (if any) name is on back of the signs ?