Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hints/Tips/Advice (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f74/)
-   -   stairs / staircase (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f74/stairs-staircase-55953.html)

neilhaj 07-12-2010 16:33

stairs / staircase

Good evening

Does anyone know wehre i can get hold of a second hand staircase or maybe a new one for under £100? I've been offered one on ebay for £100 but it's a kit what needs building it's self. If it makes any difference it's for a new playroom i'm making in the loft

Thanks

Neil

jaysay 07-12-2010 17:52

Re: stairs / staircase

Quote:

Originally Posted by neilhaj (Post 867188)
Good evening

Does anyone know wehre i can get hold of a second hand staircase or maybe a new one for under £100? I've been offered one on ebay for £100 but it's a kit what needs building it's self. If it makes any difference it's for a new playroom i'm making in the loft

Thanks

Neil

Try a demolition firm who recycle after site clearance

Retlaw 07-12-2010 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by neilhaj (Post 867188)
Good evening

Thanks

Neil

Most staircases for jobs like that are made to measure, even if you got the kit off evilbay it may not be right, you need height, angle and number of risers.

Retlaw.

jaysay 07-12-2010 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retlaw (Post 867218)
Most staircases for jobs like that are made to measure, even if you got the kit off evilbay it may not be right, you need height, angle and number of risers.

Retlaw.

Sounds like he's doing a cobbled job Retlaw:rolleyes:

Retlaw 07-12-2010 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 867227)
Sounds like he's doing a cobbled job Retlaw:rolleyes:

To me its an odd request, if he can make a play room in the attic, why the problem with making a staircase.
Wonder what his day time job is.

Retlaw.

neilhaj 07-12-2010 20:29

thanks for the replies guys, to be honest i thought that most stairs were of standard size and with regards to me actually doing any of the work myself i'm not, mostly friends and the trademan who istalled my new floor frame and boarding.

thanks

neil

jaysay 08-12-2010 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by neil haj (Post 867256)
thanks for the replies guys, to be honest i thought that most stairs were of standard size and with regards to me actually doing any of the work myself i'm not, mostly friends and the tradesmen who installed my new floor frame and boarding.

thanks

neil

Well Neil if tradesmen installed your floors etc they should have told you what stairs you required and I'm a joiner by trade myself

Benipete 08-12-2010 16:21

Have a look here;

loft ladders - Google Product Search

neilhaj 08-12-2010 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 867325)
Well Neil if tradesmen installed your floors etc they should have told you what stairs you required and I'm a joiner by trade myself

they did but the price they were talking about was £500+ fitted which is to much for me, i might sick to the ladders or try those space saver stairs

Neil

jaysay 08-12-2010 17:57

To be quite honest making a set of stairs isn't that easy, only ever made one myself that was for a fire escape for a pub in Settle back in the seventies, wooden stairs on fire escapes will probably be taboo these days

neilhaj 08-12-2010 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 867444)
To be quite honest making a set of stairs isn't that easy, only ever made one myself that was for a fire escape for a pub in Settle back in the seventies, wooden stairs on fire escapes will probably be taboo these days

lol aye they'd would never allow that nowadays. Making them would be well out of my depth as i don't have the tools or know-how. thanks for your advice guys

Neil