Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hints/Tips/Advice (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f74/)
-   -   Channel 5 (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f74/channel-5-a-58742.html)

Barrie Yates 01-08-2011 10:12

Channel 5

Has anyone had trouble viewing Channel 5 for the cricket highlights? The Channel just blanks out at that time (1900 hours).
I do have a problem with my Sky Box in that it freezes and when reset the programme synopsis or mini picture is not available, but by carrying out a modified reset procedure I can overcome the problem for a while - we have to wait over a week for an engineer to call and fix the problem, I suspect that the box needs changing out.

heth 01-08-2011 10:24

Re: Channel 5

Unfortunatly no problem at our house. He was watching it last night. :(

Just think Barrie its a blessing in disguise if you ask me!!! ;)

Margaret Pilkington 01-08-2011 10:27

Same here.......were there any programmes on, other than Cricket and Darts?
That was all that was on at our house.
I had a face like a busted custard....can't stand sport! Hate it, hate it, HATE IT!!!!!

heth 01-08-2011 10:30

Ah I let him watch the cricket while I washed up and had a bath and then as soon as that finished he didnt get a look in with the remote Marg!! ;)

I watched a film while he had a bath and then he fell asleep on the setee next to me!!

I dont like cricket thought, I dont mind others but never really taken much notice of cricket!!! :D

Margaret Pilkington 01-08-2011 11:06

He holds the remote like it is some part of his anatomy...a special part at that! He can be asleep and I have to prise it out of his hand....and then he will say 'I was watching that'....course he was ...projected onto the back of his eyelids.
I leave him to it and come and surf the web...then he complains that I am never off the computer. Can't win!

Wynonie Harris 01-08-2011 11:20

Margaret, would it not be an idea to get another TV set?

flashy 01-08-2011 11:33

Nah Wyn, Marg should just get an identical remote and scare the living daylights out of him by changing channels whilst he's watching something, then tell him the telly must be on the blink ;)

MargaretR 01-08-2011 11:36

We now know he farts and watches sport TV all day- Is he Jim Royle?

Margaret Pilkington 01-08-2011 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 922743)
Nah Wyn, Marg should just get an identical remote and scare the living daylights out of him by changing channels whilst he's watching something, then tell him the telly must be on the blink ;)

Flashy...that wouldn't work....he thinks I am the master at fixing all things technical.......on odd times he has touched the 'input' button by accident, the cry has gone up ....' Maaaaaaaaaargaret come and fix the (expletive) TV'

I'm surprised you haven't heard him in Blackburn, it is akin to the call of a wounded buffalo.

We have another TV, but he complains if I go and watch that one....I'm supposed to sit there bored witless watching dross on TV.

Margaret Pilkington 01-08-2011 13:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 922744)
We now know he farts and watches sport TV all day- Is he Jim Royle?

No Margaret, but close....more like a cross between Jim Royle and Victor Meldrew.:)

heth 01-08-2011 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 922755)
We have another TV, but he complains if I go and watch that one....I'm supposed to sit there bored witless watching dross on TV.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Marg I thought you had more fight than that!!! :eek:

If my t'other half wanted me to do that he wouldnt want to come in the house for a week!!!
We share our TV time really, I only request soaps really.

Margaret Pilkington 01-08-2011 15:14

I have heth, but to be honest the TV programs are rubbish.

heth 01-08-2011 15:22

Do you never fancy watching anything on TV?
Some things I watch I think they are going to be rubbish (nothing else on so I watch it) but then they turn out good.

Margaret Pilkington 01-08-2011 16:10

Not much Heth........I sometimes watch some of the drama series...but they really have to grab me. I am not good at watching films....too antsy.....I get bored quite easily.
I like doing, rather than watching.