Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hints/Tips/Advice (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f74/)
-   -   Virgin or vodaphone payasyougo? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f74/virgin-or-vodaphone-payasyougo-67600.html)

Accyexplorer 05-09-2015 17:33

Virgin or vodaphone payasyougo?

This is really only for those folk with a Vodaphone or Virgin mobile pay as you go sim card.
You may be able to get a half decent smartphone for 99p (also available on other networks at £9.99).

Huawei Ascend Y330 | The Carphone Warehouse

Margaret Pilkington 05-09-2015 17:56

Re: Virgin or vodaphone payasyougo?

Yes, that's me...Vodafone pay as you go...but do I really want a smart phone?
The answer to that will be YES...once one of these devices can load the washer, hang the washing out, bring it in if it rains, iron the lot and put it away...clean the oven, mop the floor, clean the windows.....I could go on.
When that happens I will have one. until then my phone will languish at the bottom of my bag, to be used only in the event that i need a taxi or am going to be late home.
I never give out my mobile number as there is no point...you'd have more chance reaching me with smoke signals.

Accyexplorer 05-09-2015 18:07

Tell it how it is why don't you :D

I think it's a good (no strings) offer,even your good self could have one of these (not so) smartphones as a spare or maybe even a gift...at 99p the only other thing I can think of that trumps it would be a shopping trolley ;)

gpick24 05-09-2015 18:17

"smart" phones can be pretty useful sometimes. When out on a walk I havent done before I have an app that I run (runkeeper) and it maps where you have walked, on quite a few occassions it has helped me find my way back to where I set off from.

Margaret Pilkington 05-09-2015 18:18

No, except for summoning transport I have absolutely no use for a mobile phone.
I do not chat on one, I don't really text, I do not surf the net on one....my eyesight is not good enough to be able to surf the net on one of these things......I just about manage to surf the net on my iPad mini.

I don't get this need to be attached to the World Wide Web like it is an umbilical cord.
I'll pass for now...but wake me up when they do all the work.

Margaret Pilkington 05-09-2015 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpick24 (Post 1149306)
"smart" phones can be pretty useful sometimes. When out on a walk I havent done before I have an app that I run (runkeeper) and it maps where you have walked, on quite a few occassions it has helped me find my way back to where I set off from.

I think I am the wrong generation!

gpick24 05-09-2015 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1149309)
I think I am the wrong generation!

If they aren`t for you then they aren`t for you, but they have there uses Margaret.

Margaret Pilkington 05-09-2015 18:28

Like suppositories.:D
If I don't buy one then there will be more of them for those who find them useful :)

gpick24 05-09-2015 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1149313)
Like suppositories.:D
If I don't buy one then there will be more of them for those who find them useful :)

I don`t do LOL`s very often, but you can have one for that. http://www.jonrb.com/emoticons/lol.gif

Margaret Pilkington 05-09-2015 18:47

Glad it made you smile...my day has not been totally wasted.:)

odders 05-09-2015 19:58

Vodafone PAYG

I have two mobiles that have had the same No over 12 years, great service...only network to pick up 90ft underground in central Westminster:D

I also have a dongle again PAYG...I have been all over the country for the last 6 years, only place it couldn't find a signal was outside their call cent in Glasgow:o

Also if your quick enough and top up £20 quid and opt into big bundle, they give you 50gig of data on top, for one month.(I got it anyway).

Ideal if you forget the dongle 300 miles from home, just use the phone as your mobile hotspot...

Hope this helps,any questions I can I will, but everything's clearly on their website.

RainbowSix 14-09-2015 15:33

You should try in my house then - Vodaphone is pants - I can't get a signal at the back of the room & have to move next to the window to get anything.

EE works fine anywhere.

Thats the trouble with 22" walls. :)

accyman 15-09-2015 01:02

i switched to giffgaff 2 years ago from 02

giffgaff use o2 network but offer a hell of a lot better deals

its all done online

if you order a pay as you go sim from them and click my link we BOTH get an extra £5

only place i have ever had an issue with coverage is near the tops between ozzy and blackburn thers a spot that a call will drop as im driving down the road but it does it on my mates EE as well

anyway if you want to check giffgaff out look up their website and use the following link to order your sim and we both get a bit extra

https://www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/goodburner

Studio25 15-09-2015 23:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1149294)
This is really only for those folk with a Vodaphone or Virgin mobile pay as you go sim card.
You may be able to get a half decent smartphone for 99p (also available on other networks at £9.99).

Huawei Ascend Y330 | The Carphone Warehouse

It must have been a typo. They are all £9.99 now.

Accyexplorer 16-09-2015 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Studio25 (Post 1150127)
It must have been a typo. They are all £9.99 now.

I heard of two folk on a different forum who allegedly got one each for 99p.
I couldn't find anyone I know who was on Virgin or Vodaphone networks so I couldn't tell you for sure.