Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Springhill Spot (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f76/)
-   -   sale of fireworks (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f76/sale-of-fireworks-2823.html)

mez 05-11-2003 17:08

sale of fireworks

the sale of fireworks is very out of handthe shop on richmond rd has been selling them for 1/2 price for  2 weeks now, yor views please

lettie 05-11-2003 17:12

Re: sale of fireworks

The sooner selling fireworks to the public is banned the better, as far as I'm concerned. Love watching organised displays, but have had fireworks thrown at my car in the past (as I have been driving it) by stupid kids, who's parents either don't know or don't care. >:(

janet 05-11-2003 17:18

I am with you lettie the sooner the better.Fireworks were not this bad when i was a kid, it has got totally out of hand.If a bomb was dropped on the town i doubt very much folk would complain, just put it down to the rockets. [smiley=niet.gif] down with fireworks.

mez 05-11-2003 17:44

thanks for the replies as you can tell im new to this , but i agree with organised firework displays they are safer and better you see more  ( ive just introducted myself on the introduction chann)

Mick 05-11-2003 18:39

hi mez hope you enjoy the site
if you do have a problem send a IM=instant message to one of the moderators and they will be happy to help ;D

ANNE 05-11-2003 20:06

I have said it before and I will say it again. It's time they were banned.
Even the best organized displays have there accidents.
They are a danger.
Remember, remember the 5th of November.
Gunpowder treason and plot.
I see a lot of reasons why gunpowder treason really should be forgot.

jason 05-11-2003 20:33

anne do you have kids??have your kids had fireworks this year..........?
keep your eye on them because they will be posting them through other peoples letter boxes!
yeh lets ban them!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT

janet 05-11-2003 20:51

Correct me if i am wrong, but did'nt guy fawkes try to blow up the houses of parliment, if so then WHY do we celebrate terrorism in this country. ???

ANNE 05-11-2003 20:53

Scuse me but yes I do have kids but they are all grown up and yes I did Always know were they were on bonfire night.
I used to give them a choice a toy or fireworks.
If it was fireworks then it would be a bonfire in the back garden involving half the st. I would be found cowering in the house and I always book it off at work so I dont need to go out.
Too many stupid people about with attitudes like yours.

Mick 05-11-2003 21:14

jason just becouse YOUR kids do it and you seem to think its funny dont think we all let our kids just run around doing as they please you might not mind but other perants do.
call them what you like they have gunpowder in they do kill and mame.

would you give your kids a loaded gun and tell them to go out and play  its the same thing

happyone 05-11-2003 22:58

well in padiham they eat there young

Caz 05-11-2003 23:31

[quote author=jason link=board=springhill;num=1068059299;start=0#6 date=11/05/03 at 22:33:59]anne do you have kids??have your kids had fireworks this year..........?
keep your eye on them because they will be posting them through other peoples letter boxes!
yeh lets ban them!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT[/quote]

How dare you insult decent posters kids? Who the **** do you think you are?

Some of the kids have more sense than you it seems.

All these people concerned about firework safety are responsible adults. Do you know what one of those is by any chance?!

Tealeaf 06-11-2003 07:33

Padiham = the land that time forgot.

littlemo 06-11-2003 12:58

@ Janet, yes he did, cause the politician s where throwing all the catholics in jail for just being catholics!

Tealeaf 06-11-2003 13:24

Re: Fawkes

What we celebrate is a failed terrorist plot....and Fawkes, rightly or wrongly was convicted as the ringleader....his actual death was by hanging, drawing and quartering & then slung on the fire...but I guess no one wants to go to the trouble of bunging one trouser leg, then another, then an arm, etc on to the bonfire.....we're a little bit more civilised these days...