Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nostalgia aint what it used to be... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f80/)
-   -   Market Hall Map (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f80/market-hall-map-33392.html)

ChrisMG 07-09-2007 11:32

Market Hall Map

Anyone remember it?
The map that was in front of the Market hall, you could press buttons for locations and a light would appear on the map.
It's been gone years now. I wonder what happened to it.

cashman 07-09-2007 12:02

Re: Market Hall Map

remember it well,was at the corner near where the blackburn bus stop used to be,was very handy for out of towners to get their bearings,but i dont think we got that problem now, much of accy goes out of town shopping;) theres a good letter in this weeks observer from an out of towner who wont be back.as to where it is now no idea,probably with the arndale clock who knows?

Uncle Mick 07-09-2007 20:36

I think someone put all the pound shops on it, then the first person to press the button.... BOOM!...Gone!:D

WillowTheWhisp 07-09-2007 20:56

I remember that. It was a useful idea. Maybe too many locations and points of interest changed and it was no longer relevant.

garinda 07-09-2007 21:27

You mean the inter-active art installation?:D

lancsdave 07-09-2007 21:50

Strangely enough we were using one of those light up maps last week, was pretty ancient. Perhaps they sold it to the French because it was in a metro station in Paris :D

cashman 07-09-2007 23:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 468846)
I remember that. It was a useful idea. Maybe too many locations and points of interest changed and it was no longer relevant.

quite possibly, but it would have been relavant if the council had just replaced the map? or perhaps it went because it said ACCRINGTON CENTRE. now theres a thought :D

shillelagh 09-09-2007 18:09

Or everything closed down or moved etc. Just thinking now what is in the same place now what it was 25 years ago. Marks & Spencers, Woolworths, Inside Market, Town Hall, Bus Station, frank ogdens, newsagents on peel street, garth dawsons, Blind shop, post office, ray lyndens, gene sutcliffes and the pubs that are still open. Can you think of any more?

ChrisMG 09-09-2007 18:20

Aye, the dirty book shop on Edgar Street.
Now don't pretend you don't know the one I mean. lol ;)

shillelagh 09-09-2007 19:45

Excuse me - 25 years ago i was only 15 and im female - i dont know what you are talking about!!!!:D

ChrisMG 09-09-2007 20:13

The message wasn't aimed at you directly, just to anyone. Only a little bit of fun. The shop has been there all the time though. (never been in nor would want to go in). Remember watching Snow White next door though, now thats a while ago!

beechy 10-09-2007 12:33

now which version of ..snow white ..would that be ?