Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nostalgia aint what it used to be... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f80/)
-   -   Does anyone remember a Royal Visit in the 60s (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f80/does-anyone-remember-a-royal-visit-in-the-60s-36191.html)

MovedtoBolton 14-01-2008 22:08

Does anyone remember a Royal Visit in the 60s

I have an old B&W photograph of the Queen and a host of dignitaries outside the Dunkenhalgh. Her Majesty looks very young in the picture and the Lord Leiutenant looks remakably like Eric Morecambe. My Grandparents are also in the pic. I think it dates from the early to mid 1960s and I wouldn't mind learning a bit more about it.

Cheers

Ian

cashman 14-01-2008 22:09

Re: Does anyone remember a Royal Visit in the 60s

can ya not put it on here?

MovedtoBolton 14-01-2008 22:16

Not tried posting pic on here yet but here goes.

Grandma is the one sitting and Grandad is the policeman nex to her.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...Royalvisit.jpg

cashman 14-01-2008 22:25

well done, theres no real clue about the year, but yer grandad dont seem to have a walkie-talkie radio, an accy was the 1st to have em, think they came on scene around mid-60s so would guess before that, best i can do soz mate.;)

MovedtoBolton 14-01-2008 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 517025)
well done, theres no real clue about the year, but yer grandad dont seem to have a walkie-talkie radio, an accy was the 1st to have em, think they came on scene around mid-60s so would guess before that, best i can do soz mate.;)

You're right about the walkie talkies. I remeber him giving me a two large flags, one red and one green. These were apparently used to signal the Royal convoy (traffic control). My Grandad, in the shot appears to be a chief inspector so it would put the pic between 63 and 69. If as I suspect he is on ceremonial duty, he would be unlikely to have a radio. I get a feeling that this could be 65 or 66.

cashman 14-01-2008 22:38

if it was 60s as you think, my best guess would be 60-63, going off me walkie-talkie theory.:);) thats n ordinary coppers uniform init? reason i say that,chief inspectors had flat caps surely?

MovedtoBolton 14-01-2008 22:51

I've got two options with the standing copper. Grandad was definately either inspector or chief inspector - that was the rank he transferred to Accy with from Westhoughton which was then in Lancs, so either the hat was ceremonial OR my grandad is eslewhere and the copper isn't Grandad and is just minding my gran. It's not impossible as I am relying on my old man for the ID. The reason I think it's later is that I was born in 62 but remember running around with the flags mentioned in my earlier post. I hope someone else picks up on this cause it would be great to get an accurate date.

junetta 14-01-2008 23:52

I would say that the Police Officer on the left is a Chief Inspector.......three pips on his shoulder.

garinda 15-01-2008 00:24

Only a guess, but I'd say the Queen's outfit looks like Norman Hartnell circa 1967.

ossy kid 15-01-2008 02:22

The queen was born in 1926 and looks in her upper 20s on the photo which would make the photo the mid 50s but that,s only an observation. The mayor {I think** is stood behind her but his wife is quite clear. Anyone recognize her?

beechy 15-01-2008 05:25

you would think a royal visit as such would have been recorded in the obbie could it not have been around the same time as her visit in the fifties memory plays tricks :confused:

garinda 15-01-2008 17:00

Although the Queen never followed fashion, her hemlines did rise in the sixties. Though unlike Princess Anne she never went in for mini skirts.

In the photograph the coat dress is knee length, and I'd definitely say it was sometime after 1965, and most probably made by Sir Norman Hartnell.

I can't find any information about a visit that included the Dunkenhalgh, but have found some visits made to Bolton, starting in 1954. Sadly she isn't wearing the same outfit shown in the photograph here.

Judge for yourself.

Photo Order: Newsquest (Lancashire) Bolton News

Someone must know the actual date. Please help, it's starting to bug me now.:D

lancscat 15-01-2008 17:46

sorry no as i wasnt born in the 60s lol:tongueout

garinda 15-01-2008 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancscat (Post 517253)
sorry no as i wasnt born in the 60s lol:tongueout

I wasn't around in the 1860's, but still I know Queen Victoria was widowed in 1861.;):D

nikkival 15-01-2008 21:04

After doing a bit of searching I've found out that the Queen & Duke of Edinburgh did a Tour of Lancashire in April 1955.

There was an old newspaper for sale on Ebay showing the queen in Southport in April 1955.

QUEEN VISITS SOUTHPORT APRIL 14 1955 NEWSPAPER on eBay, also Vintage 1920-1980, Newspapers, Paper Ephemera, Collectables (end time 19-Dec-07 12:58:59 GMT)

I also found this -

Film no: 127 LANCS ACCLAIM QUEEN AND DUKE 1955
Producer: British Paramount News
b/w - sound - 35mm - 5m 24s

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh arrive at Morecambe by train and go on to visit Lancaster, Preston, Hutton where there is a police display, Southport, Burnley, Darwen, Blackburn where they visit an electronic components factory, Nelson where they visit a cotton mill, Blackpool where they attend a gala performance at the Opera House and meet the stars.

Source - Intute: Arts and Humanities - nwfa

Way before my time but hope it helps.

lancsdave 15-01-2008 21:12

Even Google is struggling with this one.

There is a slight possibility that it may have been 1968. There was apparently a Royal Visit to Burnley according to Sam Hanna's site, yet as with this one I can't find anything about it, or even if it was the Queen that was on duty.

cashman 15-01-2008 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 517063)
Only a guess, but I'd say the Queen's outfit looks like Norman Hartnell circa 1967.

what confuses me a little with that,is the P.C. does not have a walkie-talkie, and know for fact that Accy police got em in early 60s - 63/64 at a guess.:confused:

MovedtoBolton 15-01-2008 21:16

Thanks for all the replies and your thoughts on this. I am going to talk to my Mum about this again, I'm sure she can recall a bit more. One thing I have established is that my Grandma was quite ill at this venue, suffering from a illness that eventually saw her demise in 1970. The 50's therefore is way to early.
Mum and Stepdad had a bereavement today so I'll leave it a while before enquiring further. I'll post again on this thread as and when I get more. In the meantime if anyone stumbles across more info -please post :)

Cheers

Ian

MovedtoBolton 15-01-2008 21:22

Lancsdaves post rings a bell. I remember being told that the Red and Green traffic control flags I mentioned earlier in the thread were used between the Load of Mischeif (remeber that location) and the crest at top of Burnley Road en route to Altham. You might be onto something ... My other set of Grandparents lived on Burnley Rd opposite a grocers, "Andrews" as I recall.

Ian

egg&chips 15-01-2008 22:22

I can vaguely remember the Queen visiting somewhere near accy in the late 60's or 1970. I was at St Andrew's (accy) at the time and was surprised at the fuss that the teacher made of the event. ( I thought that the Queen probably visited Accy a lot as I had no idea about distances, geography, size of Uk etc) I'm sure it was after the Prince of Wales' investiture at caernarvon if that helps to fix a date.

garinda 15-01-2008 22:56

Like Lancsdave, I found that H.R.H came to the area in 1968, which would fit in with my hem-line theory, and mean I didn't waste five years at art school, three of which were spent studying fashion.:D

As for the walkie-talkey, would someone have worn one with their best uniform?

cashman 15-01-2008 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 517685)
Like Lancsdave, I found that H.R.H came to the area in 1968, which would fit in with my hem-line theory, and mean I didn't waste five years at art school, three of which were spent studying fashion.:D

As for the walkie-talkey, would someone have worn one with their best uniform?

not really sure, thought improved security would win that one for a Head Of State?:confused:

garinda 15-01-2008 23:51

The man behind the Queen looks like Edward Stanley, the 18th Earl of Derby, and Lord Lieutenant of Lancashire from 1951-1968.

Lord Derby's photograph is on this link.

http://history.knowsley.gov.uk/photos/village/kn69.jpg

steeljack 16-01-2008 01:33

Just where was the 'Dunk' situated in those days , was it in Clayton, Rishton , or even Church . I'm thinking the visit was back in the days of the old Urban District Councils , when Accrington was "foriegn parts" , before the days of Hyndburn , so the local dignitaries wearing the chains would be the local UDC chairman and his lady . So I suppose any local councillor (who uses Accy Web from those areas) with a sense of local history should be able to recognize and tell us who was in attendance and what years the Chairman served. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 16-01-2008 08:21

The Dunkenhalgh has always been situated in Clayton le moors.

Uncle Mick 16-01-2008 12:28

This thread does ring a bell. I vaguely remember being at the Load Of Mischief with a Union Jack to wave at the Queens car as she drove past. I think we were dragged out of school for the occassion abd I was at St Mary Magdelens, so it would be about 1967-69. I was pretty unimpressed at the time!

Less 16-01-2008 14:15

I can remember a visit Prince Phillip made to the area in the early 60's, he arrived by helicopter on the running track at Witton Park Blackburn.

Loads of us went from various schools to watch him land, I seem to remember we were more interested in the helicopter than the prince because it was the first time we'd seen one close up!
:D

MovedtoBolton 16-01-2008 19:25

Well, I have been in Accrington today and I had a chat with my Mum, I think discussing this piccy took her mind of the impending funeral!
She appears to have tied it down to 1968 as she claims I was 6 at the time. A little more info is that the Queen is carrying a small posy which had just been presented by the daughter of the then owner of the Dunkenhalgh. She can't remember her first name but the family name was Burrill or Burrell. This family also owned Mitton Hall in Whalley and were friends of my Grandparents. As suspected, the Queen didn't actually visit Accrington but merely stopped off at the Dunk on her way to the real venue, possibly Burnley (perhaps she needed the loo :eek:)

So I suppose between us, with thought and ideas from everyone contibuting, the mystery is all but solved. Getting a precise date would be brilliant though:)

cashman 16-01-2008 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 517689)
The man behind the Queen looks like Edward Stanley, the 18th Earl of Derby, and Lord Lieutenant of Lancashire from 1951-1968.

Lord Derby's photograph is on this link.

http://history.knowsley.gov.uk/photos/village/kn69.jpg

well if anyone can identify the guy garinda names ya got the year (68) probably.:)

Margaret Pilkington 16-01-2008 19:46

The family who owned the Dunk at the time were definitely called Burrell....and I vaguely remember something around the summer of 68.....my daughter would be about 3 months old i think...so perhaps Mid June early July would be possible.

lancsdave 16-01-2008 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by MovedtoBolton (Post 517931)
Getting a precise date would be brilliant though:)

Nothing on the Burnley Express website. Nothing obvious on t'internet but did find this on a train site.

16/05/1968 D233+D216 The Royal Train from Burnley Central to ? Seen at Manchester Vic on Royal train
16/05/1968 D233+D216 The Royal Train from Burnley Central to ?

1960`S

Next time I'm in Burnley I'll look in Burnley Library at the old papers round that date. Alternatively an e-mail to the Burnley Express might help you out.

garinda 16-01-2008 19:57

I am so happy that my years spent studying Royal hemlines proved fruitful.:D

Gayle 16-01-2008 20:07

I wonder if it was the same day that they visited the Mid Pennine Gallery and The Mechanics that had just reopened? We had a picture of her visiting the gallery in our 40th year anniversary exhibition two years ago.

katex 16-01-2008 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 517957)
I am so happy that my years spent studying Royal hemlines proved fruitful.:D

Ok Ok ! Clever Git .. any woman of my tender years could have told you that ! :rolleyes: Was def. early 60's before I raised my hem line to below the knee.... :D She does look lovely though, doesn't she. Her hat puts the others to shame.

Got a new rep. at work this week staying at the Dunk .. instructed him to ask .. bet he forgets though !! If he does, will pop in myself on the way home from work.

MovedtoBolton 16-01-2008 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 517948)
Nothing on the Burnley Express website. Nothing obvious on t'internet but did find this on a train site.

16/05/1968 D233+D216 The Royal Train from Burnley Central to ? Seen at Manchester Vic on Royal train
16/05/1968 D233+D216 The Royal Train from Burnley Central to ?

1960`S

Next time I'm in Burnley I'll look in Burnley Library at the old papers round that date. Alternatively an e-mail to the Burnley Express might help you out.

Wow, The things people keep records of :rolleyes:. 16th May puts this a month prior to my 6th B'day. Looking at the picture, the amount of foliage on the background trees and the fact that coats are the order of the day, it looks pretty damn good as the likely date - cheers for that, I would never have thought of scouring a trainspotters listing although I did see The Queen getting of the Royal Train in Clitheroe in the 90's.

To keep the thread alive does anyone else have an interesting old pic for the "Time Team"" to investigate?

claytonender 16-01-2008 21:42

The visit was in the year that Stuart Mercer was chairman of Clayton-le-Moors UDC. I will try to find out tomorrow which year that was. Unfotunately you can not see Stuart as he was behind the Queen in the picture.

AccyMad 17-01-2008 09:05

I'd say 1968 sounds about right, I was at All Saints primary school in Clayton and I remember we were all taken out of school and walked en-mass along the 'ash pad' to Blackburn Road to wait for the Queen passing in her limo, we were all given little union jack flags to wave - I don't remember where she was going but if the photo was taken at the Dunkenhalgh that would fit in

West Ender 19-01-2008 19:59

I'd say mid 60s from the clothes they are wearing - being pretty much what I was wearing myself at that time. I was living in North Yorkshire then so I have no idea if the queen visited here or not.

I do remember her visiting the area in about 1954, part of the "Coronation Progress" where she and Philip covered most of the country. The motorcade went down Blackburn Rd. in West End, past our house. It was lunchtime and our next-door neighbours' son was home from Howard & Bulloughs for his dinner. The old man, his dad who they still called Yank, who had bummed and worked across America for 20 years at the turn of the 20th century and came back with the Canadian Marines in WW1, stood like a ramrod as the queen went past and gave her the smartest salute you ever saw. Tom the son, local cricket hero, stood with his hands in the pockets of his boiler-suit and gave her a nod and a cheerful wink. :D

Alan Gilmartin 21-01-2008 05:41

Dad sent me a copy of Memories of Clayton-Le-Moors, last week and there is a photo of the Queens visit in there and refers to it as Thursday 16th May 1968, she paid a brief visit to the Dunkenhalgh, as part of her ' Operation Springclean' tour of Lancashire, workers were given the afternoon off to join thousands who lined the streets of Rishton and Clayton , While Accrington spectators watched the royal train pass over the aqueduct on its way to Burnley.

katex 21-01-2008 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Gilmartin (Post 519795)
Dad sent me a copy of Memories of Clayton-Le-Moors, last week and there is a photo of the Queens visit in there and refers to it as Thursday 16th May 1968, she paid a brief visit to the Dunkenhalgh, as part of her ' Operation Springclean' tour of Lancashire, workers were given the afternoon off to join thousands who lined the streets of Rishton and Clayton , While Accrington spectators watched the royal train pass over the aqueduct on its way to Burnley.

Well done Alan .. had the answer meself all the time :rolleyes: .. have this book, but forgot about that photo. Seems to have been taken just about the same minute as MTB's, but a close up. Said she was accompanied by Lord and Lady Derby. Have no scanner so can't post it.

Our members had also deduced the date through various means .. ace !

cashman 21-01-2008 09:55

nice one Al its been bugging a few of us that un.:) moved to bolton will be well pleased.

MovedtoBolton 21-01-2008 20:47

That's brilliant - thanks to everyone. I've looked at that picture so many times and wanted to know just when it was taken. Thankfully I happened upon this great site and I'm grateful to all of you.
If you don't mind I'll stick around a while - with some good, like minded types.

Cheers

Ian

looper23 06-02-2008 19:56

Hello all. I'm a Mancunian living down here in Bristol and I've stumbled across the forum on a bit of a mission.
My dad (Bob Hebden) was a train driver before he retired and my mum sent me the following email:

"On May 16th 1968, it was a Thursday. dad was driving the Royal Train going from Stalybridge to Darwen, going via manchester victoria with Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip on |board. It was double headed by 2 x class 40s nos D233 and D216. I wonder if there was any photographs taken because it was going slow through victoria because i was there and waved as it went through. It would be a big surprise if you could find a picture with dad on it or even of it."

This appears to be the train this thread is concerned with - now you even know who the driver was!! If anyone has photo I know my folks would be absolutely delighted.

Royboy39 29-04-2008 21:12

The year was 1954....I was 15 at the time and working for George Feathers on Accrington Market...I sat on the window frame of the market hall to get a better view along with a lad called Tom Haworth who also worked for George.

jaysay 30-04-2008 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 569374)
The year was 1954....I was 15 at the time and working for George Feathers on Accrington Market...I sat on the window frame of the market hall to get a better view along with a lad called Tom Haworth who also worked for George.

I remeber that visit as well Roy, I was about 7 at the time and the Queen came by car along Blackburn Road, I went with my Grandma and we were on the pavement outside a Plumbers shop, near the top of Henry Street, cant remember the name of the Plumber buy I think his first name was Jack:confused:

Royboy39 30-04-2008 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 569499)
I remeber that visit as well Roy, I was about 7 at the time and the Queen came by car along Blackburn Road.

I bet she would have a hell of a shock if took the same route today. :confused:

jaysay 30-04-2008 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 569505)
I bet she would have a hell of a shock if took the same route today. :confused:

More than a shock Roy, she'd probably think she'd been wisked of to street market in the Far East:rolleyes::D

Judith Addison 04-11-2009 22:50

I remember the visit by the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh in 1955 - I was six years old and a pupil at Hippings Methodist School in Oswaldtwistle (old site at top of Chapel Street). We walked in a crocodile over White Ash to West End, near the NEL Dairy. We all had little Union Jacks to wave and just caught a fleeting glimpse of the royal couple as they sailed past in their limousine.

jendaw66 16-06-2011 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by MovedtoBolton (Post 517931)
Well, I have been in Accrington today and I had a chat with my Mum, I think discussing this piccy took her mind of the impending funeral!
She appears to have tied it down to 1968 as she claims I was 6 at the time. A little more info is that the Queen is carrying a small posy which had just been presented by the daughter of the then owner of the Dunkenhalgh. She can't remember her first name but the family name was Burrill or Burrell. This family also owned Mitton Hall in Whalley and were friends of my Grandparents. :)

Just read your thread from way back.The owner was Mrs Burrill,my nana and grandad used to work for her at Mitton Hall and sometimes at the Dunk.Head gardener and housekeeper.They were all good friends.My grandad took a cine film of the royal visit from inside the Dunk upstairs.

Dandy 17-06-2011 16:40

I remember a royal visit in the early to mid 1960's. My brother was a policeman in Burnley at the time and I seem to remember that the Queen had morning coffee at the Dunkenhalgh and lunch at the Kierby hotel in Burnley.

Dunk Kid 19-06-2011 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by jendaw66 (Post 912608)
Just read your thread from way back.The owner was Mrs Burrill,my nana and grandad used to work for her at Mitton Hall and sometimes at the Dunk.Head gardener and housekeeper.They were all good friends.My grandad took a cine film of the royal visit from inside the Dunk upstairs.

Hello Im Stewart son of the Burrills. We were at The Dunkenhalgh From63 to 84.Re Photo the small girl is my Sister Jennifer. standing behind her is her then Nanny Mrs Taylor who lived on Dill Hall Lane. The Dates are correct May 68. The Queen had priviously visited Richmond terrace in Blackburn. and then went on to Burnley.P.s my Mother is at the back of the picture in the big hat.

Bob Dobson 19-06-2011 21:26

Have just spotted this thread., cannot believe I have missed it for so long.Fior anything on Royal Visits, read Helen Barrett's essay in Aspects of Accrington, edited by Susan Halstead & Cath Duckworth. She confirms it was 16th May 1968 when the Queen visited the Dunk as part of her tour of Lancashsire in connection witb 'IOpewratiion Springclean', a campaign to clean up smoke-blackenend public buildings. Lord & Lady Derby accompanied the Queen, who was introduced to Arthur Wilson, chairman of Clayton UDC. She signed Clayton's Distinguished Visitors' Book. In the photo is seen Bill Palfrey, the Chief Constable of Lancashsire,who was the last a Chief Constable of Accrington (1947). I don't recognise the Chief Inspector, a man of diminutive stature ( 'a short arse) but would like to know his name. I don't know the PC's name . He would likely be stationed in Accrington division, though not necessarily in Clayton His white cotton gloves look to be in pristine condition and his boots would be bulled up. He looks like a bobby.

jendaw66 19-06-2011 21:43

Hi Stewart(Dunk kid) My nana always talked about your mum and your sister,she loved working for her.You must be younger than your sister then.?

steeljack 20-06-2011 05:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dobson (Post 913174)
. She signed Clayton's Distinguished Visitors' Book. .

Be interesting to know where this book is .......anyone any idea ;) :D

Bob Dobson 20-06-2011 08:39

'Aspects of Accrington' is probably on sale in the library, the Town Hall, or Ann Parkin's bookshop at the bottom of Burnley Rd.

Alan Gilmartin 20-06-2011 23:30

Hi Stewart, did your family have anything yo do with Mitton Hall.

steeljack 21-06-2011 00:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dobson (Post 913210)
'Aspects of Accrington' is probably on sale in the library, the Town Hall, or Ann Parkin's bookshop at the bottom of Burnley Rd.

Sorry Bob think we have our wires crossed , I was wondering about the location of " Clayton's Distinguished Visitors' Book." which the Queen signed ;)

in fact , be interesting to know the location of the historical records and memorbilia, (Chairmans chains etc.) of all the various UDCs that disappeared when Hyndburn was created ;)

Bernard Dawson 21-06-2011 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack (Post 913318)
Sorry Bob think we have our wires crossed , I was wondering about the location of " Clayton's Distinguished Visitors' Book." which the Queen signed ;)

in fact , be interesting to know the location of the historical records and memorbilia, (Chairmans chains etc.) of all the various UDCs that disappeared when Hyndburn was created ;)

The chains from the former UDCs are in the Council Chamber in the Town Hall in Accrington. The other memorbilia, I'm not sure.

jaysay 21-06-2011 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunk Kid (Post 913134)
Hello Im Stewart son of the Burrills. We were at The Dunkenhalgh From63 to 84.Re Photo the small girl is my Sister Jennifer. standing behind her is her then Nanny Mrs Taylor who lived on Dill Hall Lane. The Dates are correct May 68. The Queen had priviously visited Richmond terrace in Blackburn. and then went on to Burnley.P.s my Mother is at the back of the picture in the big hat.

Hi Stewart, had some heady times at Mitton Hall in the days of Martholme Grange, and your exotic fruits business:rolleyes:

Tealeaf 21-06-2011 15:38

Did any of you lot see the Queen when she visited Accy, in cognito, about two years ago? She'd been staying with the Duke of Westminister up at his place in Abberystead and they went for a drive through Clitheroe and into Accy. Apparently she went to get a few T shirts from a print shop in the town centre but she didn't have her purse with her and the boss kicked her out and told her to stop wasting time.

jaysay 21-06-2011 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 913376)
Did any of you lot see the Queen when she visited Accy, in cognito, about two years ago? She'd been staying with the Duke of Westminister up at his place in Abberystead and they went for a drive through Clitheroe and into Accy. Apparently she went to get a few T shirts from a print shop in the town centre but she didn't have her purse with her and the boss kicked her out and told her to stop wasting time.

Didn't realise Giftprint had been open that long, oh how time flies :D

rtbarton 06-08-2011 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dobson (Post 913210)

Would this book cover Queen Elizabeth (the Queen Mum) and hubby George's visit to Accrington?

It would have been at the time when Sir William Wiggins Cocker was mayor.

The reason I ask is the Sir William lived at Glen Wold on Queens Road at the time and the royal party dropped in for a cuppa. Apparently Manchester Corporation installed a posh bathroom especially for the visit!

Mog 31-05-2012 01:24

Bringing back an old thread. Regarding royal visits. Does anybody remember the Princes Royal. The old one not Ann.
In Accy in the early sixties. I am sure she went to St Christopher's school.