Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nostalgia aint what it used to be... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f80/)
-   -   white pumps & whitener (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f80/white-pumps-and-whitener-38718.html)

panther 19-04-2008 17:50

white pumps & whitener

remember when we had white pumps??
who used to use the whitener to get em cleaned up....lol
god help ya if it was raining....you would have a trail of white stuff behind ya!......:hidewall:

jaysay 21-04-2008 10:40

Re: white pumps & whitener

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 564962)
remember when we had white pumps??
who used to use the whitener to get em cleaned up....lol
god help ya if it was raining....you would have a trail of white stuff behind ya!......:hidewall:

Remember it well panther, also used the stuff on my cricket boots every Friday during the season, now they just throw them in the shower to clean them, good stuff this plastic leather:D

katex 21-04-2008 12:18

Done this task many times Panther in the past :D Had to do them the night before in order to give them time to dry. Was hard work if they had laces getting underneath them to the tongue and it would gunge up. :rolleyes: Trouble is the laces were supposed to be white, but I never did them.

grannyclaret 21-04-2008 12:31

Ooh i remember Blanco......we whitened our pumps for school but we also had black ones as well,,and i remember walking day at sunday school ,when i got some white sling back shoes from canvas,, blimey i thought i was the bees knees,but what a mess we made

jambutty 21-04-2008 17:23

You think that you were hard done by???

The summer uniform for the Royal Navy included a white hat which had to be whitened with white ‘Blanco’ as did the belt and gaiters and sling on the rifle. Imagine a white belt around a navy blue uniform.

We also had white shoes for the tropical uniform, Blancoed of course.

Now when it rained ……………..

Getting the white drips out of a navy blue serge uniform was an education.

ANNE 21-04-2008 21:12

I remember them. Daddy always did mine.:)

cherokee 21-04-2008 22:05

Yep remember it well .. It was soooo cool to be all white again.lol like having new pumps all over again ..

shillelagh 22-04-2008 16:40

Mum used to throw my pumps in the washer and then when they came out they had to be dry for PE on thursday - mum only ever did the washing on Monday.... many times i wore them on thursday and left me with damp feet... lol Wednesday night was for me getting covered in whitener for what the washing machine left behind. I only used my pumps for PE for Games we were allowed to wear our trainers. Once i hit the 5th year though just wore my trainers for both. Oh and for school as well.