Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Crash Computers Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f82/)
-   -   Where? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f82/where-43596.html)

Speedy 30-10-2008 18:26

Where?

Just a quick question really. get payed tomorrow and planning on buying a pc. just wondering where is the best place in Accrington to buy one from. budget is limited to around £200 possibly a little bit more. i only actually need the tower as i have all the other bits and pieces already lying around. the only requirements are the pc must be able to run wireless internet and preferably be reasonably quick. any suggestions? cheers people.

Speedy 30-10-2008 18:28

Dunno why this has posted in this section was supposed to be in the computery bit.

entwisi 30-10-2008 21:23

Re: Where?

There is a place in Darwen that gets a decent review from people on here.

No where in accy I'm afraid springs to mind.

Your budget is in teh second hand market for best bang/buck and TBH for best value you need to set yourself a longer time frame to get the best deal. i.e. spend at once regret at leisure.........

lancsdave 30-10-2008 21:34

Presumably the only place in Accy that sells them is the shop on Blackburn Rd ?

If you want to go further afield then I can recommend 3B systems in Nelson. They sell DIY base units, and you can knock off the various bits you don't need to get the price down.

The Technology Centre

or you can get the built base unit

The Technology Centre

emamum 30-10-2008 21:57

3B is pretty good.... bit of a faff to get to if you dont know where you going tho..

Mick 31-10-2008 06:53

Try Blackburn Market there are two areas on there that do pc systems one i do know do a reasonable system for £230 including lcd monitor its not komputech thats one of them its the other but cant remember its name sorry.

Neil 31-10-2008 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by emamum (Post 645937)
3B is pretty good.... bit of a faff to get to if you dont know where you going tho..

Is it still near the Library? I have not been that way for years.

lancsdave 31-10-2008 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 645989)
Is it still near the Library? I have not been that way for years.

Depends which one they had when you last went. The old shop was nearer the library than the one they are in now. They have the old church now, still close to the library though.

Speedy 01-11-2008 10:52

Cheers for the help and advice people. picked one up yesterday for bang on 200quid very pleased with the spec and even got a few freebies chucked in (which is always nice). got an extra gb of RAM and a wireless card free and a keyboard and mouse too. just had to take it back in today to have a few little niggles fixed but overall very impressed with the service. got it from samspace on whalley road, which to be honest i had never heard of, but would definately recommend them.