Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Crash Computers Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f82/)
-   -   "Not responding " problems (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f82/not-responding-problems-55364.html)

steeljack 23-10-2010 17:23

"Not responding " problems

Can anyone reccomend a good (Free) downloadable registry cleaning program , my PC has started "hanging up/freezing" and I keep getting the (not responding) message in the top title bar.
Done a search and tried a few scans ,each one shows up 4 or 5 hundred system errors/registry errors/ usererrors , then when you click on the clean-up tab the site asks for money :mad:

done a de-frag and scan disk , diskchk

am running the new version of AVG

any help appreciated , thanks

AngleIron 23-10-2010 17:52

Re: "Not responding " problems

ccleaner(crap cleaner) from piriform

steeljack 23-10-2010 18:54

Thanks, seems to have done the trick, loads of junk deleted , now all I have to do is try to remember all my screen names and passwords :D

jaysay 24-10-2010 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack (Post 854520)
Thanks, seems to have done the trick, loads of junk deleted , now all I have to do is try to remember all my screen names and passwords :D

Its one of the problem of getting old SJ, but seriously mine did that a lot until Dell virtually rebuilt it, new mother board Battery and power pack, its been brill ever since:mosher:

Barrie Yates 24-10-2010 09:29

Try Advanced Sytems as well as Ccleaner - works well for me and if you run it once or twice a week it only takes a few minutes - detects & thrn cleans/repairs.

Neil 24-10-2010 09:57

If you install Linux (or Android ;) ) you wont have any of those registry problems,

Oh how I miss Ian's input on here, never fails to make me smile :D

Retlaw 24-10-2010 11:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack (Post 854505)
Can anyone reccomend a good (Free) downloadable registry cleaning program , my PC has started "hanging up/freezing" and I keep getting the (not responding) message in the top title bar.
Done a search and tried a few scans ,each one shows up 4 or 5 hundred system errors/registry errors/ usererrors , then when you click on the clean-up tab the site asks for money :mad:

done a de-frag and scan disk , diskchk

am running the new version of AVG

any help appreciated , thanks

All these so called free programms are mostly a gimmick, free for a trial period, reports umpteen problems, many of which don't exist, then removes a few to show you how benevolent they are.
Even the old Shareware & Freeware programs no longer free.

There are only 3 things still free Advice, Critisism, and Fresh Air even thats becoming hard to find.
Retlaw.

Alan Varrechia 25-10-2010 10:19

Spybot search and destroy can be quite effective.

Miaowzinzara 25-10-2010 19:51

We use window washer...

cashman 25-10-2010 23:34

used spybot n ccleaner fer years, both ok.:)