Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f83/)
-   -   windows help (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f83/windows-help-47309.html)

flashy 08-05-2009 07:37

windows help

anyone fancy coming round to sort this bloody pc out for me?

its poorly and its doing my nut in

i'm not using ie at the moment, i'm ATTEMPTING to use firefox (when it works) in the evening for some reason it buggers up a lot and tries to go through ask. com (which incidently i dont even have installed on my pc)

its hard to explain but it does my head in, i'll go to firefox and type in the website or click on my favourites and it goes to that stupid website

i think all it needs is windows completely taking off and re-installing, i have a windows disc here., think my pc just needs some sort of servicing....before i kick it

Neil 08-05-2009 07:41

Re: windows help

Is it a proper make of PC, if so what is the make and model?

flashy 08-05-2009 07:43

care to elaborate on that question please Neil? lol

derekgas 08-05-2009 08:26

Mine did the same this morning Flashers, and wont connect to my usual homepage, which is bt yahoo, so could be an ie or yahoo problem I think. And no sooner have I typed this, than it has now connected!!

Neil 08-05-2009 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 711822)
care to elaborate on that question please Neil? lol

Is it a Dell or Compaq or HP and does it have a model name an number?

I ask because it might have a built in recovery partition or you may be able to download a recovery disk to put it back to how it was when it was new.

Mick 08-05-2009 08:47

or you could just go to a restore point before all this happened

flashy 08-05-2009 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekgas (Post 711826)
Mine did the same this morning Flashers, and wont connect to my usual homepage, which is bt yahoo, so could be an ie or yahoo problem I think. And no sooner have I typed this, than it has now connected!!

you using the dongle Derek?

flashy 08-05-2009 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 711834)
Is it a Dell or Compaq or HP and does it have a model name an number?

I ask because it might have a built in recovery partition or you may be able to download a recovery disk to put it back to how it was when it was new.

Compaq 6s27kn9zb002...or at least thats what it says on the sticker on the side of it

derekgas 08-05-2009 09:00

No shaz, am on the bt router atm

flashy 08-05-2009 09:02

Mick i've got that much crap on this pc its unreal, it just needs wiping and re doing, just attempting to back up my music at the moment

flashy 08-05-2009 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekgas (Post 711842)
No shaz, am on the bt router atm

ahhhhhhhh, mine seems to always naff up in the evening for some weird reason, thats why i text you to ask about yours the other night

katex 08-05-2009 09:32

I have lost Mozilla too, but could be something else .. have uninstalled and reinstalled, but no luck .. tells me 'Proxy server refused connection'. No trouble on IE or Opera ... so may not be similar.

shillelagh 08-05-2009 10:18

spugs been having problems with his internet ... and hes using the 3 dongle ... what it is is an update thats making it go doolally ... and the firewall .... hes been doing a system restore and uninstalling the update. hes also turned the automatic updates off.

After that you'll have to ask him ...

flashy 08-05-2009 10:21

ahhhhhhhhhh he's on exactly the same as i am Jen, he pm'd me about mine a few weeks back....thats exactly whats happening to mine...and more, J tried to faff about with it the other week but it was naffing up for him too

cheers for that Jen

flashy 08-05-2009 10:21

Kate, opera is a load of toss, it never works on mine, dont know why i bothered installing it