Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f83/)
-   -   Help Needed. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f83/help-needed-50305.html)

sausage butty 05-11-2009 19:01

Help Needed.

Hi all

A couple of years ago my company installed the cctv cameras for accy stanley.The cctv images can be viewed locally on the existing LAN infrastructure.I have been informed that they have a static ip address that is no longer used.

I want the cctv images from stanley to be viewed remotely over wan.

So what help do i need...

well, i managed to configure the digital video recorder to work locally but i need help configuring the router to forward to a specific ip address(the cctv address) and open port 80. I spent about about 2 hours trying to do this with no success . I can ping the static ip address and it sends a reply so its getting to the router(i think) .

any help gratefully received.

CLAYTON RED 05-11-2009 21:57

Re: Help Needed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sausage butty (Post 760821)
Hi all

A couple of years ago my company installed the cctv cameras for accy stanley.The cctv images can be viewed locally on the existing LAN infrastructure.I have been informed that they have a static ip address that is no longer used.

I want the cctv images from stanley to be viewed remotely over wan.

So what help do i need...

well, i managed to configure the digital video recorder to work locally but i need help configuring the router to forward to a specific ip address(the cctv address) and open port 80. I spent about about 2 hours trying to do this with no success . I can ping the static ip address and it sends a reply so its getting to the router(i think) .

any help gratefully received.

Check your firewall for access

Roy 06-11-2009 09:44

The router possibly has web access switched on which will be on port 80, try turning this off and doing a port forward of port 80 to the cctv systems internal ip address.
I usually change the incoming port to something else so there are no conflicts, and so that its not easily available to people. If you change it to port 84 for example you would access it by typing the ip addess and adding :84 at the end. Then set your router to port forward port 84 to port 80 of the cctv internal ip address. This would then not conflict with any other web services already running on the network.

sausage butty 06-11-2009 11:13

cheers roy :)

sausage butty 19-11-2009 16:56

hi all i visited accy stanley this afternoon to try and set it up.The cctv software can connect to the recorder via the web and control telemetry funtions but i cannot view the images. something is preventing it on the router. would someone be able to come down with me and check the router :-) its a bit cheecky i know but i really want tit to work.ive got the wep key for the wifi so can connect to the router from outside.

sausage butty 20-11-2009 19:31

Sorted it :-)