Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f83/)
-   -   i pod touch (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f83/i-pod-touch-51000.html)

broadhurst7173 26-12-2009 18:42

i pod touch

can anyone tell me how to use this stupid thing before i throw it through my window, been trying for 2 days now and it wont even switch on, ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

flashy 26-12-2009 19:27

Re: i pod touch

have you charged it up? if its new surely it will need charging? i know nothing at all about them though

accyman 27-12-2009 08:42

plug it into your usb port and start itunes on your computer, your computer will charge it up ( you dont need to run itunes to charge it up it will charge as soon as you put it into your pc)

start itunes , if you havnt yet installed itunes just google it then download and install

run itunes and follow teh onscreen instructions

wher eit says playlists click one of teh geners like 90's music for example then drag and drop your mp3s into itunes

click where it says devices and your ipod will be listed

at teh bottom right corner of itunes it will say sync

click sync and it will transfer your songs to your ipod

that is a very basic rough guide as its very hard to explain how to use any apple garbage it can drive you mental teh level of stupidity apple are capable of

when you get comfortable and nore familiar look into jailbreaking your ipod touch with an app called blackra1n i have just done my sons and hes now got loads of free games loaded onto it

harwood red 27-12-2009 20:02

hmmm the on switch is on the top of the I pod, not the button in the middle down near the bottom

that might help

broadhurst7173 28-12-2009 18:52

thanks we know where the on button is,lol. it wouldnt unlock or come out of sleep, we have done it after 2 and a half days of fustration and my daughter absolutely loves it, thanks for the tip about the blackrain.

harwood red 28-12-2009 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by broadhurst7173 (Post 772970)
thanks we know where the on button is,lol. it wouldnt unlock or come out of sleep, we have done it after 2 and a half days of fustration and my daughter absolutely loves it, thanks for the tip about the blackrain.

sometimes the obvious is the answer, hey I had to be showed on my lads lol

glad you got it sorted

accyman 30-12-2009 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by broadhurst7173 (Post 772970)

be warned at the moment on the new ipod touches liek my sons if you switch it off or reboot it you have to plug it in , ignore warnings from itunes and run blackrain again

if you need further info pm me and i will send you links showing what the deal is in youtube or just search youtube yourself for blackrain ipod touch

im addicted to teh guitar hero game for ipod touch my lad dosnt get a look in when he brings it here lol

my brother recently got an iphone and as stupid as this sounds for a modern phone it will not allow you to bluetooth photos or any other files top friends because apple are over paranoid you may share a rington :rolleyes:

blackra1n will also cure this problem and allow you to use your iphone how it shoudl be used , you have to get a bluetooth app which is free and run it but after that you have a fully functional bluetooth iphone:D

again youtube it theres loads of info on there

ian1 30-12-2009 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 773610)
be warned at the moment on the new ipod touches liek my sons if you switch it off or reboot it you have to plug it in , ignore warnings from itunes and run blackrain again

if you need further info pm me and i will send you links showing what the deal is in youtube or just search youtube yourself for blackrain ipod touch

im addicted to teh guitar hero game for ipod touch my lad dosnt get a look in when he brings it here lol

my brother recently got an iphone and as stupid as this sounds for a modern phone it will not allow you to bluetooth photos or any other files top friends because apple are over paranoid you may share a rington :rolleyes:

blackra1n will also cure this problem and allow you to use your iphone how it shoudl be used , you have to get a bluetooth app which is free and run it but after that you have a fully functional bluetooth iphone:D

again youtube it theres loads of info on there

Thanks for the bluetooth thing ,thats the only thing wrong with the i phone is you can't bluetooth pics or even mms a picture to any phone excepit another i phone ! they don't tell you this when you take put the contract either !!
ian

accyman 30-12-2009 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by ian1 (Post 773628)
Thanks for the bluetooth thing ,thats the only thing wrong with the i phone is you can't bluetooth pics or even mms a picture to any phone excepit another i phone ! they don't tell you this when you take put the contract either !!
ian

just be sure that if you ever need to return your iphone under warranty to restore origional apple setings which will also be shown how to do on youtube

if apple wernt such arse holes they woudl probably have a lot more happy customers than dis satisfied , they claim it is blue tooth but dont tell you it will only work with connecting headsets

oh and its very simple to do it takes seconds iv done loads for friends

ian1 30-12-2009 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 773654)
just be sure that if you ever need to return your iphone under warranty to restore origional apple setings which will also be shown how to do on youtube

if apple wernt such arse holes they woudl probably have a lot more happy customers than dis satisfied , they claim it is blue tooth but dont tell you it will only work with connecting headsets

oh and its very simple to do it takes seconds iv done loads for friends

it says on u tube not to do it on the 3gs :(
ian

accyman 01-01-2010 17:04

just keep an eye on things each time they relase a generation of iphone or ipod they sort out a more up to date version toget things working as tehy should