Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f83/)
-   -   Anyone good with DS LItes? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f83/anyone-good-with-ds-lites-52847.html)

Lyn 20-04-2010 10:00

Anyone good with DS LItes?

Hi - i have put a posting in the advice section for help but thought i would post here just in case anyone doesnt look at the other sections! Wasnt sure which one to put it in.

Anyway, if anyone could help i would certainly appreciate it - and my 8 year old would stop asking if ive fixed it yet!

Neil 20-04-2010 11:52

Re: Anyone good with DS LItes?

It might help people help you if you said what was wrong with it or what it is or is not doing

Lyn 20-04-2010 11:59

i have - in the advice posting that i referred to!

bought a new cover for it - its now in bits - broke ribbon for top screen (but bought a new one) - now it all needs putting back together

accyman 20-04-2010 13:40

YouTube - Instructions for changing Nintendo DS Lite housing - Part 2 of 2

theres loads of videos on youtube showing what to do just take a look at a few and find one that matches your problem and follow them as they do it step by step

this is how i learned to fix red ring of death on xbox's :D

Lyn 20-04-2010 14:54

yeah ive seen them, watched them, tried it, lost patience with it and decide to appeal for someone who could do it!

mattylad 20-04-2010 17:12

Are any of the ribbon cable connectors broken?
And does it (apart from being in pieces) work fully?

And what sort of a timescale are you wanting to get it reassembled in?

Neil 20-04-2010 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyn (Post 808142)
Hi - i have put a posting in the advice section for help but thought i would post here just in case anyone doesnt look at the other sections! Wasnt sure which one to put it in.

Its ok I have removed the other thread as we cant have two threads about the same thing

Lyn 20-04-2010 18:58

hiya

the ribbon cable to the top screen split but i bought a new screen and ribbon so thats fine now and up until we tried to put the new case on it worked fine - it had a broken hinge thats all - hence the case change. Absolutely everything is there - its just a case of doing it right. As for timescales - ideally a day or two would be good!

regards
Lyn

Neil 20-04-2010 19:35

I have changed the case on them before and it is a really horrible job.

You don't usually need to change the case to fix a broken hinge as the hinge can be replaced on its own

Lyn 20-04-2010 19:59

unfortunately i didnt find that out until had it reduced to a bag of bits :(

Neil 21-04-2010 07:03

Please don't ask me to rebuild it for you, I was close to doing myself in when I did one :eek::D

entwisi 21-04-2010 07:46

changing cases, pah, whats wrong with abit of gaffa tape to hold it together... :D

It works well on rally cars and racing bikes so a DS should be no trouble to it! Its even avaialble now in pretty colours

Neil 21-04-2010 09:36

It is less stressful using gaffer tape :D

entwisi 21-04-2010 09:50

kids today don't know they are born.... :D

Lyn 21-04-2010 10:42

its not the gaffa tape that worries me - its the person holding the gaffer tape that is usually the problem :)