Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f83/)
-   -   facemoods naffin up my laptop (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f83/facemoods-naffin-up-my-laptop-54789.html)

flashy 06-09-2010 10:15

facemoods naffin up my laptop

i don't know where it's come from but everytime i try to look at a website, no matter which one it is it keeps flicking onto something called facemoods, it looks like some sort of search engine, its bloody annoying when you're trying to look at something, i asked Reece if he'd downloaded it and he said he hadn't, i've uninstalled it from 'programs' (so someone has installed it) but it's still coming up, i don't know wtf it's all about but its really peeing me off, anyone know anything about it?

i'm running Firefox atm, has that anything to do with it?

Stanleymad 06-09-2010 10:25

Re: facemoods naffin up my laptop

Try running lavasoft malware and spyware remover which will check your system and remove any ware off your pc, should remove the offender.

Ad-Aware by Lavasoft - Antivirus software, free spyware removal, firewall

jaysay 06-09-2010 10:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 843159)
i don't know where it's come from but everytime i try to look at a website, no matter which one it is it keeps flicking onto something called facemoods, it looks like some sort of search engine, its bloody annoying when you're trying to look at something, i asked Reece if he'd downloaded it and he said he hadn't, i've uninstalled it from 'programs' (so someone has installed it) but it's still coming up, i don't know wtf it's all about but its really peeing me off, anyone know anything about it?

i'm running Firefox atm, has that anything to do with it?

I got something like that last week Shaz when my computer went Kaput, it was working okay, but when I logged onto Accy Web, it kept jumping to a Dell information page, like you I was tearing my hair out. When I booted up next morning an information screen said a start up problem had been detected, due to new hardware, and then went into repair mode, it been fine ever since, hope you get it sorted soon, its flaming annoying

flashy 06-09-2010 11:20

Mel, i've run both my anti-virus's several times and nothing comes up, i've got microsoft security essentials and avast on, its doing my head in

Barrie Yates 06-09-2010 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 843175)
Mel, i've run both my anti-virus's several times and nothing comes up, i've got microsoft security essentials and avast on, its doing my head in

I have found that each AV - whatever name/type, always seem to pick up a few different ones. I use AVG, Advanced Systems, AdAware and Spybot. Run AVG every day and the others once or twice a week, depending how the m/c is running. Never had serious problems at all for the last 18 months (new LT then).
Good luck, hope you get it sorted soon.

Alan Varrechia 07-09-2010 00:04

You still having problems Flashy?

Mick 07-09-2010 04:57

Sounds like you have picked something up from that loverly site Facebook there have been lots of this going on.
have you updated anything on your facebook ?

flashy 07-09-2010 17:17

i think its an app that Reece downloaded for facebook, i can't get rid of the damn thing, got a mate ringing me later to tell me how to get it off, thanx you lot x

Less 08-09-2010 03:47

WikiAnswers - How uninstall face moods

Seems such a simple answer, I wonder, are you going to prove them wrong?

Good luck with it, it is irritating when these companies make the software easy to install but impossible to get rid of.