Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f83/)
-   -   iphone, ipad or ipod (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f83/iphone-ipad-or-ipod-65000.html)

Restless 26-09-2013 17:41

Re: iphone, ipad or ipod

Partly the dev team and part trying different ones on the n4 and liking theirs

My friend who has s3 has tried many and keeps going back to CarbonROM also.

entwisi 27-09-2013 05:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1077081)
Some translation

IR Blaster: It has the Infa Red thingymabob so you can download a program that controls your TV, DVD etc. Unlike £1 remote controls and other cheap universal remotes this actually works.

How quaint... I was doing this on symbian phones 10 years ago.....:D

also people miss one of the big advantages of IRDA, try sharing a contact card over bluetooth in a room full of techies with hundreds of bluetooth devices screamin their names at yours... iRDA ,line em up and squirt... job done

Restless 27-09-2013 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi (Post 1077153)

also people miss one of the big advantages of IRDA, try sharing a contact card over bluetooth in a room full of techies with hundreds of bluetooth devices screamin their names at yours... iRDA ,line em up and squirt... job done

Rarely use Bluetooth to share files. Rarely is it turned on.

They introduced NFC, but I never find somebody that requires a file that has it on their phone. :D

accyman 30-09-2013 01:57

you can always downgrade back to iso6 if you dont like it and wait for iso8

very easy to do it just requires a little googleing for teh site that hosts all the previous versions and to hold a key down in i-tunes so you can load teh old software

as for updates android have really ballsed up tehir latest release its messe dup all my apps

accyman 30-09-2013 01:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi (Post 1077153)

on the new iphone software you can now block numbers of pest callers

as i said on facebook welcome to the 1990's apple users your getting closer to 2013 with each new release lol

DtheP47 30-09-2013 17:15

Our techie guys have just emailed this out.

Last Wednesday Infosystems notified users with iPhones that the new iPhone / iPad operating system has been tested and found to be compatible with *** systems. Since then Apple has released a patch for the device which corrects a significant security flaw allowing someone to bypass the lock screen of a locked device. InfoSystems asks that all *** iPhone / iPad users update their devices to IOS 7.02 as soon as possible.

We highly recommend that you perform a complete system backup of your device before you begin the iOS update process.

MargaretR 30-09-2013 17:37

I'm glad I don't need one :rolleyes:

cashman 30-09-2013 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1077067)
Just read this thread - you might as well be talking double dutch to me -

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1077624)
I'm glad I don't need one :rolleyes:

Agree its all double dutch to me, not interested n they can shove em were the sun don't shine.:rolleyes: