Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/)
-   -   Hicks to bid for Liverpool FC (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/hicks-to-bid-for-liverpool-fc-54913.html)

gynn 17-09-2010 15:00

Hicks to bid for Liverpool FC

BBC Sport - Football - Texan billionaire Tom Hicks to target Liverpool buyout

Here is a story to horrify all Liverpool fans. I thought they were getting shut of the Americans, who have no interest whatsoever in football, other than how quick a buck they can make out of it.

Now it seems Hicks can see a further buck in it.

In the meantime, the new stadium in Stanley Park seems as far away as ever........

jaysay 17-09-2010 17:10

Re: Hicks to bid for Liverpool FC

Quote:

Originally Posted by gynn (Post 845817)
BBC Sport - Football - Texan billionaire Tom Hicks to target Liverpool buyout

Here is a story to horrify all Liverpool fans. I thought they were getting shut of the Americans, who have no interest whatsoever in football, other than how quick a buck they can make out of it.

Now it seems Hicks can see a further buck in it.

In the meantime, the new stadium in Stanley Park seems as far away as ever........

Dave will be having kittens

Barrie Yates 17-09-2010 17:20

We can see them on Sunday - and if you have ESPN you can alsdo watch the Creme de la Creme next weekend as well - but never mind at least you all get top see the other sides playing as well:-))) - well maybe not as well, but playing anyway.

jaysay 17-09-2010 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 845842)
We can see them on Sunday - and if you have ESPN you can also watch the Creme de la Creme next weekend as well - but never mind at least you all get top see the other sides playing as well:-))) - well maybe not as well, but playing anyway.

I watched the Creme de la Creme last Saturday and wasn't too impressed Barrie, and was even less impressed when they couldn't beat that lot from the Micky Mouse league over the border, what was it you said I down 4 to go, from what I've seen you might have to be content for with the charity shield:p

Mancie 18-09-2010 00:22

I'm suprised the yanks are still interested in Liverpool.. but I'm sure the locals will make them feel welcome

http://www.cartype.com/pics/3608/ful...n-wheels_1.jpg

DaveinGermany 19-09-2010 16:31

Not rightly impressed must admit, the sooner they are out of the picture the better I'll (And many more) will feel. Problem is though we've let the Muppets screw the club over so even if they do get the boot all that'll be left over is massive debt. :(

I think Stanley will be occupying my interest even more it appears. :)

Barrie Yates 19-09-2010 19:00

They will be having a fire sale soon - as the Yanks term a "Make me an offer sale"

DaveinGermany 19-09-2010 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 846300)
They will be having a fire sale soon - as the Yanks term a "Make me an offer sale"

Problem there though Barrie is that the only offers they're likely to be getting are either :-

A. Illegal

B. Physically impossible :D

jaysay 20-09-2010 09:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 846309)
Problem there though Barrie is that the only offers they're likely to be getting are either :-

A. Illegal

B. Physically impossible :D

Whats going on at Liverpool reminds me of Old Trafford a few years ago, who can forget Michael Knighton scoring at the Stretford End, when United hadn't won a bean for twenty odd years, whilst Liverpool were winning title after title and 4 European Cups to boot, anybody who think they will be top dogs for ever are living on cloud cuckoo land just like the scousers in those years, when Fergie does go there will be one hell of a big draught around the Theatre of Merchandising and all the southern hoards will return to watching their home town clubs:rolleyes:

Barrie Yates 21-09-2010 11:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 846396)
Whats going on at Liverpool reminds me of Old Trafford a few years ago, who can forget Michael Knighton scoring at the Stretford End, when United hadn't won a bean for twenty odd years, whilst Liverpool were winning title after title and 4 European Cups to boot, anybody who think they will be top dogs for ever are living on cloud cuckoo land just like the scousers in those years, when Fergie does go there will be one hell of a big draught around the Theatre of Merchandising and all the southern hoards will return to watching their home town clubs:rolleyes:

Check the records Jay - I think you will find that the biggest crowds were still at Old Trafford even when we down in the old second division. I know that when I went to watch them at Upton Park in the 2nd division it was a massive crowd - quite possibly a record for them.:D

jaysay 21-09-2010 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 846647)
Check the records Jay - I think you will find that the biggest crowds were still at Old Trafford even when we down in the old second division. I know that when I went to watch them at Upton Park in the 2nd division it was a massive crowd - quite possibly a record for them.:D

Well it would be at the Bowling Ground its like a blood home match for the plastic Mancs:p:p:D