Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/)
-   -   big sam my rear end (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/big-sam-my-rear-end-54920.html)

Guinness 17-09-2010 21:55

big sam my rear end

Quote:

blackburn boss sam allardyce believes he is good enough to manage any of europe's top clubs.

Allardyce, once a candidate for the england manager's job, arrived at ewood park in 2008 having survived at newcastle for less than half a season.

Ahead of his team's clash with fulham, the 55-year-old said: "i would be more suited to inter milan or real madrid.

"it wouldn't be a problem for me to manage those clubs because i would win the double or the league every time."

although happy in his current role, allardyce added: "give me manchester united or chelsea and i would do the same, it wouldn't be a problem.

"it's not a problem to take me into the higher reaches of the champions league or premier league and would make my job a lot easier in winning it."

Translation: I'm just throwing my hat into the ring for a 'bigger' club. I couldn't care less about Blackburn Rovers, they are a stepping stone in my career. Yes, I know, I've had a bigger club once in Newcastle, and had the cash, and totally screwed up, but honestly, cross my heart, Alec is my mate etc.etc., I'm whoring my services here, please get me away from Blackburn!

cashman 17-09-2010 22:21

Re: big sam my rear end

agree guinness, the blackburn board should be looking fer a new manager n shut the arrogant fat get.:(

jaysay 18-09-2010 09:01

Me thinks Big Sam has callings above his station:rolleyes:

spignific 19-09-2010 02:56

Sam talks more rubbish than any manager we have ever had at rovers..if he keeps rovers safe in prem we tolerate this yapping..never liked him as a bloke he comes across as a aragant git...he is a bloody good manager whatever you thinks so play on,but he needs to shut up sometimes :mad:

jaysay 19-09-2010 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by spignific (Post 846213)
Sam talks more rubbish than any manager we have ever had at rovers..if he keeps rovers safe in prem we tolerate this yapping..never liked him as a bloke he comes across as a arrogant git...he is a bloody good manager whatever you thinks so play on,but he needs to shut up sometimes :mad:

That interview was a very tongue in cheek effort from Sam, he's a wind up merchant:D

cashman 19-09-2010 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 846228)
That interview was a very tongue in cheek effort from Sam, he's a wind up merchant:D

Matters not to me, twas n insult to every fan IMHO.:(

lancsdave 19-09-2010 11:56

Think you've all missed the big picture. The Fa have said the next England manager will be English. He's just throwing his hat in the ring :)

jaysay 19-09-2010 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 846255)
Think you've all missed the big picture. The Fa have said the next England manager will be English. He's just throwing his hat in the ring :)

Me thinks Harry Redknapp is earmarked for that job Dave

shillelagh 21-09-2010 13:56

now hes backtracking ....:D:D:D :rolleyes: wonder why ... :D

BBC Sport - Football - Sam Allardyce backtracks on top European jobs comments

jaysay 21-09-2010 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 846685)
now hes backtracking ....:D:D:D :rolleyes: wonder why ... :D

BBC Sport - Football - Sam Allardyce backtracks on top European jobs comments

Well anybody with any sense knew BFS was taking the pee, all except the southern journos that is:rolleyes:

Barrie Yates 21-09-2010 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 846287)
Me thinks Harry Redknapp is earmarked for that job Dave

If they go for an English Manager then I strongly suspect you are right - don't know of another one - except for the one that has just made a pact with the devil and signed on at Anfield. Cheers Dave in Deutschland. :D:D:D

jaysay 21-09-2010 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 846741)
If they go for an English Manager then I strongly suspect you are right - don't know of another one - except for the one that has just made a pact with the devil and signed on at Anfield. Cheers Dave in Deutschland. :D:D:D

He could just end up as your Nemesis Barrie:p:p:D

DaveinGermany 21-09-2010 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 846741)

The Lad knows a diamond in the rough when he sees it ! :D As to the England job, who in all seriousness would want that poison chalice ? The English know to stay away that's why we've had a string of Johnny Foreigners doing it.

jaysay 22-09-2010 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 846774)
The Lad knows a diamond in the rough when he sees it ! :D As to the England job, who in all seriousness would want that poison chalice ? The English know to stay away that's why we've had a string of Johnny Foreigners doing it.

Unfortunately the Southern journos love to build people up and knock them down again, I've always said the the likes of Martin Samuels (NOTW)
Brain Woolnough (Star) Kevin Francis (Star) and many more are just failed sportsmen only good enough to write about football never good enough to play it;)