Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/)
-   -   who thinks this is idiocy? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/who-thinks-this-is-idiocy-55805.html)

cmonstanley 24-11-2010 22:54

who thinks this is idiocy?

BBC Sport - Football - Catholic Church calls for Dallas email transparency so nobody can have a joke now?:confused:
The Catholic Church want the Scottish Football Association to sack head of refereeing Hugh Dallas if he sent an "offensive" email about the Pope.

Tealeaf 24-11-2010 22:59

Re: who thinks this is idiocy?

Dallas is a dickhead and should have no further part, ever, ever, ever, in Scottish football (not that I care that much anyway). On this occaision, the one and only true Church is correct.

jaysay 25-11-2010 09:16

If refs are bringing religion into football the game really is going to the dogs just glad it doesn't figure in the English game

cashman 25-11-2010 09:49

whilst he may be a dickhead, any church interfering in e-mails sent by anyone as a joke, whether in good taste or not is FARCICAL. imho.:rolleyes:

JCB 25-11-2010 10:00

If Hugh Dallas sent the email I think it's a bit harsh to sack him for it .

Within the context of the sectarianism amongst some of the so-called Catholic and Protestant Christians in parts of Scotland it was a silly thing to do if he did it .

He hasn't had the best of careers as a referee , but an apology and some kind of gesture of reconciliation may be a good thing .

jaysay 25-11-2010 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCB (Post 864218)
If Hugh Dallas sent the email I think it's a bit harsh to sack him for it .

Within the context of the sectarianism amongst some of the so-called Catholic and Protestant Christians in parts of Scotland it was a silly thing to do if he did it .

He hasn't had the best of careers as a referee , but an apology and some kind of gesture of reconciliation may be a good thing .

Football is a different kettle of fish over the boarder JCB I didn't realise just what it was really like until I worked there and that was nearly 40 years ago, I just laughed in amazement:eek:

JCB 25-11-2010 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 864162)
On this occaision, the one and only true Church is correct.

The Catholic Church has not written anything about this affair .

There is sloppy use of language in the media .

The Scottish Catholic media office director , Peter Kearney , has written . He is not the Catholic Church which has about a billion members , he is just one member .

JCB 25-11-2010 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 864221)
Football is a different kettle of fish over the boarder JCB I didn't realise just what it was really like until I worked there and that was nearly 40 years ago, I just laughed in amazement:eek:

I know , Jaysay . I have a friend from near Glasgow who supports Celtic . I need say no more .

It amuses me in a way , but I do wish they would come to their senses . It's so stupid .

jaysay 25-11-2010 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCB (Post 864230)
I know , Jaysay . I have a friend from near Glasgow who supports Celtic . I need say no more .

It amuses me in a way , but I do wish they would come to their senses . It's so stupid .

Amen to that that JCB

cashman 25-11-2010 14:31

think the main question in this farce, is Who did he send it too? if not to a senior member of the church, but to a mate, then hows this got in public domain? i n assume quite a few on here get e-mails from mates that some would deem offensive, i think there funny, its how some deal wi stuff.

yerself 25-11-2010 15:14

Rangers vs Celtic explained by Billy.

YouTube - Billy Connolly - Football Violence