Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motoring + Motorsports (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f89/)
-   -   Camera on Blackburn Rd. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f89/camera-on-blackburn-rd-3016.html)

cruisermik 17-11-2003 18:58

Camera on Blackburn Rd.

Be aware, the camera on Blackburn road was having all the internal gyzmo fitted earlier today.
This means it WILL be active in the very near future if not already.
                                       :( :( :( :(

Tealeaf 18-11-2003 08:16

Re: Camera on Blackburn Rd.

Good. I hope you're the first to get nicked.

SPEED KILLS!

happyone 18-11-2003 10:25

thought the one on blackburn road was already in use do u mean the one on hynburn d ?

Tealeaf 18-11-2003 11:14

If Cruiser don't know what road he's on, maybe he should'nt be on the road at all...

Mick 18-11-2003 14:10

The one on Blackburn road has been active for at least 6 monthes they have just up greaded the camera :( as Roy pointed out about two monthes ago the new camera is digital and Very effective ;D

they were just doing running repairs and genaral cleaning cruisermik where did you get the info i got mine from the guys cleaning it

happyone 18-11-2003 14:48

;D thought so

Tealeaf 18-11-2003 15:26

Good stuff....I just hope they catch more people with this new camera....double the fines while we're at it...we're far to leniant with speeding drivers.....never mind the fines, 3 piccy's and you lose your license for life...that will make people think

WINGY 18-11-2003 16:34

That camera cant be that active. I saw a fire engine go through a few nights ago at about 50mph and no flash. ???

cruisermik 19-11-2003 16:54

Tell you what Tealeaf, are you sure you are not living in pre Mandella S.A. ??? You are certainly quick enough to condem someone to death.
No way do I condone speeding in built up areas, and publicity of a speed camera can only be a good thing (you'd have to be totaly brain dead to speed thro' a camera you knew to be opperational) The trouble is that too many 'cameras' are only empty boxes wityh no works in 'em.
As for knowing which road I am on, I prefer off-road driving any day.
So give it some thought in future 'ehh.   [smiley=behead.gif]

cruisermik 19-11-2003 16:59

Hey Mick,
Just happened to be passing (at 29 m.p.h. for the info of Tealeaf) and saw 'em messing arround with it.
I know it's been in situ. for some time, but didn't know of anyone getting knicked by it.
A.T.B. Cruisermik.

Mick 19-11-2003 19:14

no nether do i  ???

happyone 19-11-2003 19:37

the  blue light wouldnt show if the fire engin was going fast with its lights  flasshing wingy lol

WINGY 19-11-2003 20:24

Have you ever seen one go off? i was going in opposite direction and believe me you know when they flash. (i speak from experience as i have got away with 6 points in 6 mths due to being a dodgy geeza :o ;D)

Hugh Jampton 10-12-2003 08:31

The new camera between Holland's Pies and Nobby's garage is now active.

H.