Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motoring + Motorsports (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f89/)
-   -   Calling all Scooby owners! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f89/calling-all-scooby-owners-46096.html)

entwisi 09-03-2009 15:27

Calling all Scooby owners!

Time to get it out to play properly!

PistonHeads Headlines

Sounds like fun and VERY cheap for motorsport events.

What you waiting for!!!!

flashy 09-03-2009 15:36

Re: Calling all Scooby owners!

thats a car i've never liked, dont know why

emzy 09-03-2009 15:41

I don't own one, but did drive my ex's once or twice, was very basic inside but looked very nice outside and was great to drive :)

emamum 09-03-2009 15:41

lol is it a car? to me scoobys are plastic laces that you knot together, or crime fighting dogs :D

entwisi 09-03-2009 15:41

Its a good car tarnished by some of the reputation it got from teh baseball hat wearing, dustbin for exhausts brigade. As a pure driving tool they are VERY VERY good. However I do feel that they are a bit too in your face for people > 35. I'd love to play in them(or an Evo) but as a chubby, balding 40 YO i'd look silly in it. :D

flashy 09-03-2009 15:43

exactly Ian, its 'well chavish' i dont like them at all

the Mitsubishi Evo isn't too bad, excellent for a police car, but i wouldnt have one given

jaysay 09-03-2009 16:28

My daughter had a Suby but they traded it in for a BMW 4 x 4 I was really disappointed as I liked the Suby, it was a mean machine

Ossywarrior 09-03-2009 22:21

lol thanks all for slating my car :( would have my motor over 95% of the rubbish i see churned out :D

yeh the scooby sprint looks like it will be a good series but its always held at elvington :( and is really just an extension of scooby shootout.

roll on modified live at oulton park

entwisi 10-03-2009 08:22

Well I didn't slate it, see that comment about them being VERY VERY good? Just cause I will look silly in one I can still respect them, You must agree that their reputation etc wasn't helped by some of the mods and drivers that managed to get themselves into them.

Personally I don't like heavily modded cars, a little tweak here and there to improve bits are OK but when you start getting into stupid exhausts and three hundredweight of GRP stuck to perfectly good cars I lose total interest. I'm more of a Q car person myself.

Taggy 10-03-2009 17:05

I cant critisize anything, my first car was an Allegro...with a Square..ish steering wheel, whoa i here you say!!!:)

Best Regards - Taggy

Ossywarrior 10-03-2009 18:51

yeh i agree i hate the image that seems to go with impreza's and i agree with u about mods on car, mine will be 430bhp but it will look exactly the same as when it was taken from the show room :-)