Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motoring + Motorsports (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f89/)
-   -   4x4's should they be banned? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f89/4x4s-should-they-be-banned-6733.html)

simon 06-12-2004 18:56

Re: 4x4's should they be banned?

What about the speed we are running out of oil????????????????

Why were the U.S.A. so keen to get into afganistan and Iraq????

It is WMD

weapons of mass destruction= CARS big thirsty cars ......

WillowTheWhisp 06-12-2004 19:39

If people who haven't got a 4x4 object to people who have got a 4x4 on the grounds that it's bigger than what they've got are we going to have people in semi detached houses complaining about people in detached houses and insisting they have another one built on the side?

staggeringman 07-12-2004 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
If people who haven't got a 4x4 object to people who have got a 4x4 on the grounds that it's bigger than what they've got are we going to have people in semi detached houses complaining about people in detached houses and insisting they have another one built on the side?

:engsmil: willow what can one say.......bravo!!!!! someone with a brain between her ears and not up there ar...e !thank you willow!!

Bagpuss 07-12-2004 20:10

Despite Staggeringmans attitude when there was no need, I am always willing to listen to the other side of an arguement and on this case I am willing to agree with him and Wingy on certain points.
Willow for the record I could afford one but choose not to, i've never been interested with keeping up with the Jones's and I'm happy with what's in my pants, hope my wife is too.

staggeringman 08-12-2004 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagpuss
Despite Staggeringmans attitude when there was no need, I am always willing to listen to the other side of an arguement and on this case I am willing to agree with him and Wingy on certain points.
Willow for the record I could afford one but choose not to, i've never been interested with keeping up with the Jones's and I'm happy with what's in my pants, hope my wife is too.

sorry about the attitude bagpuss, but when you say to your daughter and wife goodbye! as i have said earlier an artic truck is hurtling at you and there is nothing you can do because the stupid c..w in front dropped her mobile, lost control of her car hit the side of the artic , which in turn tryed to avoid her but we was in the way after knocking us twenty foot into the hedges, the artic overturned slideing over our bonnet and ending up in a field.Would you not go and buy the best protection for your family.Money counts for nothing if you and your family are not here to spend it.

the joneses are not my problem! My wife and children are!!

simon 08-12-2004 17:56

I agree with your sentiments Staggeringman, But according to ENCAP a renault laguna is a lot safer for your family than a big gussler.... :)

Size is not every thing...

staggeringman 08-12-2004 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by simon
I agree with your sentiments Staggeringman, But according to ENCAP a renault laguna is a lot safer for your family than a big gussler.... :)

Size is not every thing...

give you 1 guess as to what i was driving

staggeringman 08-12-2004 18:09

as to whats in my pants look at my title..he...hee:rofl38:

Less 08-12-2004 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by staggeringman
as to whats in my pants look at my title..he...hee:rofl38:

Have you been on the beer & wet yourself AGAIN?

:D

staggeringman 08-12-2004 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less
Have you been on the beer & wet yourself AGAIN?

:D

Nope but just on my way to get changed so i can have some beer!!!

Bazf 09-12-2004 02:44

For the safty consious..........:)

http://consumerlawpage.com/article/4by4-rollovers.shtml
http://www.motoring.co.za/index.php?...928&fSetId=381

vorlon24 09-12-2004 08:52

Espace keep winning loads of safety awards - that's what I'm gonna get in the new year

Col.Kurtz 10-12-2004 16:01

Although I'm not the biggest fan of 4x4's, I wouldn't want them banned. It's the way SOME people drive them that irritates me.
The state of our roads has had me saying that I will buy a 4x4, but I wouldn't really consider it.
People carriers are vans with windows and seats and handle accordingly...I wouldn't buy a car that is higher than it is wide.

vorlon24 10-12-2004 16:17

There are a few reasons why I want a people carrier:

I can get more than one bike in it without having to dismantle it first
We can go out with the family without having to take two cars
I really really really want one!!!

lettie 11-12-2004 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Col.Kurtz
Although I'm not the biggest fan of 4x4's, I wouldn't want them banned. It's the way SOME people drive them that irritates me.
The state of our roads has had me saying that I will buy a 4x4, but I wouldn't really consider it.
People carriers are vans with windows and seats and handle accordingly...I wouldn't buy a car that is higher than it is wide.

It's not just 4x4 drivers that are bad. There are plenty of terrible drivers out there who drive all sorts of vehicles from motorcycles to HGVs. Wherever I go in the world, these bad drivers always seem to follow me.:D