Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Photoshop, Digital Photography, Digital Imaging (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f90/)
-   -   help . (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f90/help-27311.html)

cherokee 04-01-2007 19:06

Re: help .

CHEERS ENTWIS to be honest its doing my head in but i will keep trying till i get it right as for email im with yahoo and if someone sends you sonething ie folder or pic it gives you the option to download attachment and when i click on that it comes up in a seperate box to which i press run... sorry if ive not been very explanitary with all this but half of the bloody jargon is alien to me haha

but i will keep trying

WillowTheWhisp 04-01-2007 19:13

I agree with what Ian said, that if we were actually there with you we'd probably have it sussed in seconds.

Can I just ask a favour please? When you are quoting what someone else has posted could you do it by clicking on the "quote" button so that it comes up in an embedded quotation box because it gets a bit confusing otherwise trying to work out which bit is your reply to which bit from someone else.

I'm going to have a look at Yahoo and come back.

cherokee 04-01-2007 19:20

oops sorry willow..........:D

entwisi 04-01-2007 19:41

its webmail based, that does answer a lot.

And its Yahoo........

Abandon hope all ye who enter here!!!! :D

sorry Cherokee, only joking.............

when you click 'run' you should actually be clicking Save. this will then make a copy of the image or whatever ON YOUR PCS HARD DISK. Then you can do wit it what you like. I'm guessing that its a sort of mix up thats happening between Yahoos web based interface and your PCs configuration as to what it should do when you click 'Run'.

WillowTheWhisp 04-01-2007 19:42

OK, I've had a look at Yahoo and I think they are using the term "scan" to mean "scan for virus"

That clears up that little bit of confusion. :D

We're getting nearer.

entwisi 04-01-2007 19:43

Actually I've just had an idea!!!!

Cherokee, do you use MSN? If so we can do a remote desktop thing where Willow or myself could actually control your PC as if we were sat there!.

Let me know if you are willing to do this. My MSN details are in my profile, feel free to add me

cherokee 04-01-2007 19:45

I,ve never actually used msn Ian mainly because it used to crash my last pc but i will have a go at trying it and get back to ya ..cheers

WillowTheWhisp 04-01-2007 19:45

Yes and now I see where it says "download" so that explains that too.

And when you do that your image arrives the same size as it was when the person sent it?

WillowTheWhisp 04-01-2007 19:46

It's all yours for now Ian - we are having dinner now. I'll pop back later to see how you are getting on.

cherokee 04-01-2007 19:47

thanks willow

entwisi 04-01-2007 20:10

:), thanks willow, it was doing my head in trying to work out what scan was doing there, should have thought that these people don't trust you to have your own AV software :D

as said, slow but sure progress.......