Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Music, Bands, Noise! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f92/)
-   -   Let's have a vote (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f92/lets-have-a-vote-4373.html)

SuperAccyStan 28-05-2004 17:47

Let's have a vote

What type of music does everyone like?

Tealeaf 28-05-2004 18:07

Re: Let's have a vote

Jazz. Where's my vote? In the post?

Bagpuss 28-05-2004 20:33

I wanted more than one choice.

SuperAccyStan 28-05-2004 21:01

Just click on "other" Tealeaf, lol.

mez 29-05-2004 00:16

hey i sent you a post early on still i was having probs, well here we go i like 50s--- 60s music + motown, clasical, opera, country& western, but to name a few, its each to their own

Angel 04 29-05-2004 07:07

Country music althou I listern to most any kind

ellie 29-05-2004 08:28

R&B, Dance, 80's. I like a variety of music but at the moment im drawn to R&B.

lettie 29-05-2004 08:34

I have no favourite type of music. Will listen to just about anything.... :)

Tealeaf 29-05-2004 11:30

I always thought you were more discerning, Lettie

lettie 29-05-2004 13:42

I just don't have one particular favourite Tealeaf. I like several types of music. Will listen to most things once, if I don't like it I don't buy it... :)

ANNE 29-05-2004 22:18

Rock 'N' Roll Top of my list but can listen to most things exept opera.

mac 31-05-2004 14:27

i like r n b rock and slightly heavier music. but not heavy metal. guess its not all covered good poll though

Ceejache 31-05-2004 15:32

I like all sorts. 'Serious' music (Shostakovich, Beethoven, Dvorak), Dance (Chemical Brothers, Leftfield, 808 State, mid-90's trance), Rock/Metal (Deftones, Slayer, Radiohead, Jeff Buckley. etc etc.) Just about anything that moves me and isn't made for a quick buck.

ANNE 31-05-2004 22:28

There is only the classic composers i reconise in that little lot.
Oh, dear must be showing my age again.

Ceejache 01-06-2004 08:20

Just a thought - Which R'n'b genre do you mean? The 50's stuff that influenced the Stones etc (Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker) or the modern day form (Beyonce, many other 'pop' artists)?

SuperAccyStan 01-06-2004 10:46

The modern R 'N B should not be called that. Its nothing like what the original r n b was, theyve just ruined it.

janet 01-06-2004 14:48

I like all kinds of music , but the best has to be the 60's for me.

Sparkologist 01-06-2004 18:41

What genre of music do i like? Well... these are some of the type of choons cluttering up my iPod:

The Jam, The Clash, Madness, lots of Punk & New Wave compilations from the late 70s & early 80s. Those were the sounds of my formative years.

Soul: Mainly Stax (Otis Redding, Booker T & the MGs etc) and Atlantic, some Motown and Philidelphia soul.

Jazz: How about John Coltrane, or Winton Marsalis - Hot House Flowers, or Clarence Clemons, the sax player with Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band.

Ska: The original stuff like Toots & the Maytals, Prince Buster etc. Some of this would get Brian Potter out of his wheelchair and on the dancefloor - it's that infectious.

Reggae: Peter Tosh, Bob Marley, the laid back sounds of the Carribean.

The more chilled out side of dance: Lots of Faithless, Leftfield, The Orb, Orbital, Underworld...

Bangin' Tunes: Chemical Brothers.

Proper chilled out: From before the phrase 'chill-out' was invented, and before Enigma jumped on the bandwagon; Tangerine Dream

What genre are the Blue Nile? does it really matter, because nobody can write torch songs like they can, their album 'Hats' gets plenty of airplay.

Is there room for Francis Albert.. on this thread coz he's kicking around on my player, especially his Swing and Big Band colaborations.

It's a fair bet to say i'll listen to most music from today to many years before i was born. The only exception is Rap. This in 'your face' music with attitude does absolutely nowt for me, but there is always 'the exception that proves the rule', that would have to be Run DMC & Aerosmith - Walk this Way.

Perhaps one of the options on the poll should be 'Schizophrenic'. I prefer 'Diverse'. :)

tonygillis 18-06-2004 18:17

I like some pop, but the main kind of music I like is rock. Bands like AFI, Blink 182 isn't bad. Thats some of them. I'm also just started to get into Nirvana. I like them a lot. I don't like the heavy metal though....

grego 18-06-2004 20:49

I like all kinds of music, it depends what mood I'm in, but tend to prefer bands who write and perform their own, not keen on boyband/girlband crud. Current favourites are U2, Keane, Eurythmics can listen to these all day.

sarnie boy 18-06-2004 21:37

A Tealeaf 2 eh?
SpecialD and DJ sammy r 2 cool

Buzzer 05-07-2004 16:42

I like everything except (jazz Blues & Tecno) hate them :(

Buzzer 05-07-2004 16:45

Oh & I forgot Manufactured Bands (Karaoke singers with no talent) :s_sick:

Buzzer 05-07-2004 19:14

:swear8: :mosher: This is one of my mates bands (GREED) in Paderborn very heavy :mosher:

http://www.greed82.de/

Busman747 05-07-2004 22:14

Personally, I love ANY music that is free to listen to and available on win mx, The bible of shared music.

WillowTheWhisp 05-07-2004 23:21

I like such a long list of assorted stuff. Quick look at what's on my PC and it ranges from Faure to Alice Cooper including Joan Baez, Beatles, Beach Boys and Weird Al Yankovic.

Not much I don't like -- apart from RAP.

pendy 20-09-2004 16:50

Why can't we vote for more than one? My tastes run from Mozart to Meatloaf, with a lot of diversions along the way.

JohnW 20-09-2004 18:22

I've always considered that there are only two types of music. Good and Bad. I like the good stuff.

Sophi 12-10-2004 09:40

I voted for RnB, but i also like some pop, but not the manufactured trash, reggae, rap, plus stuff by bands like Keane, im easily pleased!

vorlon24 15-12-2004 15:47

I'm with Ellie in terms of music tastes, but isn't there another similar thread somewhere?

Veecore 18-02-2005 11:58

I heart metal

Tinkerbelle 18-02-2005 15:13

I'm a bit of an all rounder really, music taste depends on what kind of day i'm having. I just hate 70's and Northern Soul!

Margaret Pilkington 18-02-2005 20:25

I like Pink Floyd. Travis, Coldplay, Keane, Melissa Tallon, Andrea Bocelli, ELO.
I like popular opera.....Madame Butterfly, Aida.....that kind of thing.
Hate TAMLA...... not keen on Jazz either.

luke orourke 1988 01-03-2005 18:22

i like quite a lot. my fave music is prbabley dance. but my fave group is the calling

rockrabbit 04-03-2005 08:42

The smiths
stone roses
prodigy
Happy mondays
New order / Joy division
linken park
Foo fighters
Greenday
Lost prophets
Franz ferdinand
Mainly vocal trance but like most dance music apart from that rubbish with some knob shouting all the way through it

wayneyboy1942 07-03-2005 20:04

I like most music and my collection goes from punk to Gilbert and Sullivan,Rap I don't have a kind word to say about it,some people stick to a narrow range of music, criminal records, I've got loads,:eek: so they say,but what's wrong with the Wurzels,Bucks fizz,Darts and the Showadd's?

oldlass 08-03-2005 03:36

I like most music except Jazz. I show my age when I say I love to listen to good tenors, Pavarotti, Bocelli, Watson, Frangoulis. I have always like the music of George Michael and Michael Jackson. Controversial to some I know but talent is not lifestyle.

What is popular in England right now? It is mostly hip hop over here, I forget what "singing" sounds like anymore.

grannyclaret 09-03-2005 13:01

i have voted other ,i like songs that i can understand the words (old age you know )my favourite artists would be

nana mouskouri
shirley bassey
neil diamond
barry manilow
dusty springfield
andre bocelli
all the 50,s and 60,s
u,b,40
rolling stones
a bit of classical wouldent go amiss
in fact most things except head banging stuff
oops i must not forget the late great ELVIS

rockrabbit 09-03-2005 13:38

What is popular in England right now? It is mostly hip hop over here, I forget what "singing" sounds like anymore.[/QUOTE]
Think yourself lucky you dont have to put up with the likes of busted and mcfly and the rest of the rubbish thats in our charts, id gladly listen to hip hop . Its a wide range of music thats about over here at the moment sadly with little talent though

luke orourke 1988 09-03-2005 13:58

mcfly suck
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockrabbit
What is popular in England right now? It is mostly hip hop over here, I forget what "singing" sounds like anymore.

Think yourself lucky you dont have to put up with the likes of busted and mcfly and the rest of the rubbish thats in our charts, id gladly listen to hip hop . Its a wide range of music thats about over here at the moment sadly with little talent though [/QUOTE]

Robdunn24 08-07-2005 23:09

Alternate/altertantive country

sarah 08-07-2005 23:16

I clicked on 'other' for Indie (bring back Shed Seven), but I also like rock and pop.

apest1 09-07-2005 02:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperAccyStan
What type of music does everyone like?

R and B and all the rest :D

cashman 10-07-2005 00:52

soul,[email protected] n roll,easy listening,depends on the mood,but basically most kinds,oh forgot folk,so i just clicked other.

MCR ADIM 22-07-2005 11:11

maximes, monroes, house mc and they good chav music

PILKYBUSDRIVER 28-08-2005 00:40

My Chemical Romance,Killers,Green Day,James Blunt.They are the best albums released within the last year or so.

janet 28-08-2005 09:10

Daniel powter's album is great too.

grannyclaret 04-09-2005 22:15

i seem to be on my own ,but has nobody else heard of ollie austin and charlie landsborugh ?
i think they are both superb,,, :thumbsup:

PILKYBUSDRIVER 04-09-2005 22:38

Still listening to My Chemical Romance,Killers,Green Day,James Blunt.Just got inot the Kaiser Chiefs album,quite excellent but fades off a bit at the end.

baby boo 05-09-2005 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by luke orourke 1988
mcfly suckThink yourself lucky you dont have to put up with the likes of busted and mcfly and the rest of the rubbish thats in our charts, id gladly listen to hip hop . Its a wide range of music thats about over here at the moment sadly with little talent though

[/QUOTE]

mcfly i have to tell you are an original band that play there own music and sing live all the time without miming like most artists today.

baby boo 05-09-2005 10:44

i like any kind of music ranging from the 50's to now. i have been brought up with mainly 60's music though! but when i go out clubbing im a little bopper and like my dance music. :Banane21: :banslide: :Banane23:

accymel 05-09-2005 10:45

Erm i can specify one i like all music of most genres n spanning past 50yrs, as long as the song is good then i like it :)