Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Music, Bands, Noise! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f92/)
-   -   Tony Bennett Interview! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f92/tony-bennett-interview-59541.html)

kestrelx 15-10-2011 11:33

Tony Bennett Interview!

Tony Bennett Interview 5th October 2011 - YouTube

Have a look at some of his paintings here - I didn't know he was a "painter"??? Is he good? :)

mobertol 15-10-2011 11:53

Re: Tony Bennett Interview!

Interesting interview -thanks for posting it. Shame the audio was muted on the songs though. Would really like to hear some of these duets -in particular the one with Aretha Franklin which should be quite something -such a contrast of styles.
Amazing to think he's 85 -in great shape, don't know how he managed to be "Blond" at the Palladium on Monday!
As to the art -the paintings look to have a definite style of their own -i'm not much of an expert either but i liked what I saw!

Benipete 16-10-2011 07:11

You only have to ask.;):D

Tony Bennett / Aretha Franklin Duet - YouTube

cashman 16-10-2011 09:46

Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga - The Lady Is A Tramp - YouTube

mobertol 17-10-2011 12:02

Class Aretha -she had a much harder song than Lady GaGa who pulls it off very well though. Never really considered her as much of a singer before -thought it was all image but she actually isn't bad at all in this.

Frank Sinatra and Bono is my all-time fave duet: Frankie is Frankie and Bono is to die for!
Bono & Frank Sinatra* I've Got You Under My Skin*video clip - YouTube

cashman 17-10-2011 12:08

Know what yer saying mobertol, never much rated her meself, but in fairness thought she was very good in that un.;)

kestrelx 27-10-2011 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 940123)
Interesting interview -thanks for posting it. Shame the audio was muted on the songs though. Would really like to hear some of these duets -in particular the one with Aretha Franklin which should be quite something -such a contrast of styles.
Amazing to think he's 85 -in great shape, don't know how he managed to be "Blond" at the Palladium on Monday!
As to the art -the paintings look to have a definite style of their own -i'm not much of an expert either but i liked what I saw!

Was he blond at the Palladium? Maybe it's the lighting he looks grey to me! Paintings look ok nothing special though! ;)

Here is the TV ad they were showing on British TV. I muted the sound because You Tube have some kind of copyright filter that instantly recognises and blocks some material that they must have on a computer list. So to save having this occur I muted it myself before hand!

Tony Bennett - Duets II - TV Ad - YouTube

Try uploading a video with a Fleetwood Mac song on it and it will be blocked instantly within seconds of uploading it!