Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Music, Bands, Noise! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f92/)
-   -   My music (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f92/my-music-61455.html)

Restless 09-05-2012 20:59

My music

T C Agent | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos

Songs on there are a few years old now.

If you wanna a listen. Ok. If you want to know what they are about--

1) As Time Slips Away-- About an argument with a close person and the negative effects of multiple arguments have had over the years

2) The Tide Rolling Out To A New Life-- No Comment

3) By The Sea-- About wanting to commit suicide by walking into the sea whilst at the same time imagining that the sea is welcoming you, and that the crashing of the waves are actually whispers of hope

Claytoner40 09-05-2012 21:08

Can't get them on my phone but look forward to hearing them when I next have laptop on

Restless 12-05-2012 13:47

re: My music

cool thanks for willing to give them a go

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claytoner40 (Post 990826)
Can't get them on my phone but look forward to hearing them when I next have laptop on

kestrelx 12-05-2012 15:30

Who's playing the music? Sounds ok! :)

Restless 12-05-2012 15:43

all myself. any drums are preset on either my friend's (markyspark) Yamaha electric piano or Casio wk3800 Bass is also the keyboards and then I would perform a live take on my 8 track which has simultaneous inputs

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 991289)
Who's playing the music? Sounds ok! :)

mobertol 12-05-2012 16:14

I have listened to all three and the one thing they have in common, apart from you, is a very melancholy feeling. Have you no pacier more up-beat songs?

It's very hard to write and even harder to let others in on things that are personal to you so well done for being brave.

Restless 13-05-2012 05:54

thank you very kindly for your comments and for listening.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 991304)
Have you no pacier more up-beat songs?

how about this one > Just My Imagination - YouTube

kestrelx 13-05-2012 10:04

Re: My music

Very depressing... why does the chorus only come in near the end? It would be better if it came in earlier on.:rolleyes:

Boeing Guy 13-05-2012 10:35

Liked them , a kind of Crowded House ness about them, their more slower and melancholy ones that is.
Sound quality seems quite good as well, are you using 1/2 inch or 1 inch tape and I take it you have a decent mixing desk.

mobertol 13-05-2012 15:40

[quote=Restless;991352
how about this one >[/quote]
Nice photos, decent quality recording as BG says - you still seem a bit depressed though -or is that just my imagination?:rolleyes::D

Restless 13-05-2012 15:55

I have one of these
MR-8HD | 8 Track Digital Multitracker | Fostex
definitely one of the best things I have bought :) But rather than mix on the machine-- I transfer the wave files and mix it on the PC. I also have a PA that I had set up at home for a while when I lived in Clayton-- I lived on a gable and got away with using it for a while :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 991397)
Liked them , a kind of Crowded House ness about them, their more slower and melancholy ones that is.
Sound quality seems quite good as well, are you using 1/2 inch or 1 inch tape and I take it you have a decent mixing desk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 991425)
Nice photos, decent quality recording as BG says - you still seem a bit depressed though -or is that just my imagination?:rolleyes::D

:cool: A lot of the pics come from this site back when I uploaded the songs to yotube. I hope nobody minds their use-- I make no profit from them. Perhaps I wrote all these songs in the winter; when my vit D levels was low and I didn't know it ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 991390)
Very depressing... why does the chorus only come in near the end? It would be better if it came in earlier on.:rolleyes:

Songs, sometimes, have a way of writing themselves

Margaret Pilkington 13-05-2012 16:49

I like the songs very much...soulful,meaningful.

Boeing Guy 13-05-2012 17:11

Very nice, I always liked the stuff Fostex's made, back when I was young I used to play round with a Tascam Portastudio 144, Portastudio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, if I was really lucky I could use my Dad's Teac A3440, which I still have.
Well dome mate

Restless 13-05-2012 18:04

I used to have an analogue cassette version of a 4-track tascam portastudio. What I really love about the fostex is the simultaneous recording

kestrelx 28-05-2012 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 991428)

Songs, sometimes, have a way of writing themselves

I couldn't listen to them all the way through at first because my computer was playing up and wouldn't play them all the way through. The 3 tracks are well put together - well done! :do-one: